Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

3 Likes

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Cleared by the Physical Therapist for me to start doing a few more things yesterday…[/quote]

Yay!!

That is indeed good news! Really enjoyed the video.

Yeah he’s back… can’t wait to watch the recovery progress…

1 Like

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
That is indeed good news! Really enjoyed the video.[/quote]
Going to do dome light SSBAR squats in a little bit …

[quote]damutt wrote:
Yeah he’s back… can’t wait to watch the recovery progress…[/quote]
Got a feeling its going to be a slow process

Got to love Disturbed. I have to download some of their songs to lift to. Nice to see you lifting again.

1 Like

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Got to love Disturbed. I have to download some of their songs to lift to. Nice to see you lifting again.[/quote]

X2

2 Likes

FISCHER613 & Gorilla you have no idea how jacked I am to be back at it…I think the long brake really got my batteries recharged.

Shoulder mobility work (PT): TONS

SSBAR squats: 5x5 @65% ( VERY short rest period between sets)… Pretty much based my training numbers off of what my log showed I used before the lay off. BUT !! for the record I did subtract -30% off that number.

Band GM’s: 3 x 10
Standing Band crunches: 3 x10

Shoulder rehab work (PT): Tons light bands movements

Post training: Anti inflammatory and cryo cuff…

Was not too bad… Took awhile for my knees to warm up along with getting the rust off of my hips. No discomfort in the left shoulder during squats.
I can tell my glutes and hammies wont be thanking me tomorrow…

1 Like

Glad your back at it my friend and the boy is looking strong.

1 Like

[quote]DBasler wrote:
Glad your back at it my friend and the boy is looking strong. [/quote]
We will use the term "back at it " loosely. Yeah Dakota slowly moving forward…only issue is getting him to eat enough to maintain and gain.

Bet you are stoked to be back under the bar, glad to see it.

1 Like

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
Bet you are stoked to be back under the bar, glad to see it.[/quote]
Yes and no… yes to being able to do some work.No to having to have to crawl back up the ladder again :cry:

Well since all I can really do is squat with a SSbar… I plan on running a 5x5 routine on them three times a week until my strength level improves.

[quote]DBasler wrote:
We will use the term "back at it " loosely. Yeah Dakota slowly moving forward…only issue is getting him to eat enough to maintain and gain.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, what is he eating?

[quote]cavalier wrote:

[quote]DBasler wrote:
We will use the term "back at it " loosely. Yeah Dakota slowly moving forward…only issue is getting him to eat enough to maintain and gain.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, what is he eating?[/quote]
Dakota is on a “SEE Food” Diet. Pretty much anything is fare game as long as it supplies calories and has some nutritional value. Unfortunately, hes been skipping meals like this morning due to the fact he over slept. I pretty much am going to have to break down and reinvest in a high caloric weight gainer for him to take pre bed time.

1 Like

Pretty much a repeat from Wednesday other than i added 5 lbs to the bar.
FYI…yesterday I did some upper body shit which is way to boring to mention.

Hey listen hear Dawg… I want poundage posted how am I supposed to follow when there no poundage posted…

[quote]damutt wrote:
Hey listen hear Dawg… I want poundage posted how am I supposed to follow when there no poundage posted…[/quote]
Its Dog and you know it… besides I would like to avoid comedy post in regards to the lbs im using at the moment.

and yet inquiring minds want to know