Tim Sylvia's Worst Enemy?

[quote]GhostTribe wrote:
What i’m am worried about is the fight between Cro-Cop and Rampage. I know nothing much about these fighters but I seriously hope Cro-Cop beats his freakin’ head in. Only reason being i’m of Croatian descent and been there a few times and am rooting for the guy.
[/quote]

They’re not fighting each other. Rampage is fighting Marvin Eastman and Cro Cop is fighting Eddie Sanchez. If they did fight, Cro Cop more than likely would beat his head in.

[quote]GhostTribe wrote:
What’s up ya’ll. Tim Silvia’s fights are pretty ugly, (the ones i’ve seen) but probably because he’s an ogre. I was pissed to see him beat Jeff Monsoon, (that seriously ripped short guy) even though i know nothing about him. Too bad he was just too short to fight a guy like Tim.

What i’m am worried about is the fight between Cro-Cop and Rampage. I know nothing much about these fighters but I seriously hope Cro-Cop beats his freakin’ head in. Only reason being i’m of Croatian descent and been there a few times and am rooting for the guy.

Rampage looks like a mean mo fo though so best of luck to Cro-Cop, he’s gonna have one hell of a fight. What do you guys think?[/quote]

Whoa, hahahah. You’re like most people and have no idea who these guys are, so that’s fine. But to clarify, Rampage fights at 205 pounds, Cro Cop is a HW (usually 225ish). Rampage has a vicory over Chuck Lidell and will be gunning for that belt, Cro Cop is unanimously considered the number 2 heavyweight in the world behind Darth Fedor and will be going after that belt. They won’t be fighting each other. The only LHW Mirko might fight is Chuck because they are both seen as kind of the prototype for the sprawl and brawl fighters.

Anyone else think it’s ridiculous that people think that’s Tim Sylvia’s actual personality?

He’s an entertainer. Always has been, always will be. Yea, he’s a fighter, but you can tell from shit he says he’s just setting up the crowd to hate or love him. Either way, he sells more PPV than the non-assholes (IE: The guys you’ve never heard of).

I don’t really believe he thinks he can take Fedor and Cro COp easy. He just likes people hating him, becasue it makes him more popular.

“Pro” Wrestlers dot he exact same thing. I’m surprised so many people from the MMA fan community fell for it…

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

They’re not fighting each other. Rampage is fighting Marvin Eastman and Cro Cop is fighting Eddie Sanchez.

Donut62 wrote:

Cro Cop is unanimously considered the number 2 heavyweight in the world behind Darth Fedor and will be going after that belt. They won’t be fighting each other.
[/quote]
Thanks a lot guys for clearing that up for me I appreciate it. For some reason I was under the impression they were fighting when they introduced them in the last UFC but obviously I was’t paying close enough attention and had never heard of them before. Thanks again dudes, guess i’ll do a little more research on them.

As far as Silvia is concerned after reading everyone saying how much he talks shit makes me hate the guy. I just hate dudes that talk a lot of shit period. That’s the exact reason why I seriously hate Tito Ortiz. Him being a good fighter was totally overshadowed by the fact that he flipped off Shamrocks Camp a long time ago and i’ve hated him ever since.

It just doesn’t pay to talk THAT much crap because when you finally do get your ass kicked everyone will be laughing at you like when Chuck kicked Tito’s ass last UFC. (at least I was laughing) Entertainer or not, you can talk shit but going overboard is retarded in my book.

I just wish that Buffer asshole would get a life and stop trying to be something he is not (a good announcer). He pushes his voice SO much. Whenever he announces a fight I hit mute. I can’t stand that guy.

Tim didn’t become champion by accident.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
ArcaneCocaine wrote:
a Croatian foot…

I think the fight should go something like this:

Big John: Are you ready?

TS: Nods

BJM: Are you ready?

CC: Lights cigarette…nods

CC & TS meet in center of ring…LHK!

CC: Exhales puff of smoke

TS: Carcass hits ground…“belt” doesn’t break fall

Rogan n Goldberg enter ring

Rogan: Dude that was insane!

CC: Well…he is a good fighter but he is of much lower level than CroCop. Puts cigarette out in Goldberg’s eye

Goldberg: Arrghh…so I wanted to be an Ultimate fighter…my eye is electric…I mean on…

LHK

Rogan: Dude is rocked!

LHK

Dana_WhiLHK (Me: At least let me type out his whole naLHK…)

Drunken fans boo

LHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHK

Sakikibara: Muahhahahaha!

I’m not exactly sure what all this means, but it made me laugh. Yes, Tim is a douche, but I think he pisses people off even more because at the end of the day he just wins. Love him or hate him, he is no can.
[/quote]

I’m rather surprised you of all people didn’t figure out what it means…rather simply, it means I smoke a lot of crack. :wink:

FYI: LHK means “left high kick”…make more sense now?

Of course he’s no can. But he does put the “ass” in assmaster.

[quote]Colucci wrote:
Speaking of Sylvia (semi-off-topic, my apologies), what ever happened to Tra Telligman?

Last I heard, he went into a coma or something after that monster kick to the head from Sylvia last year. I couldn’t ever find a follow-up.

As to the OP, have you seen Sylvia on Blind Date? Enjoy the train wreck.

Is it just me, or does his posture and walk bear a striking resemblance to Carl from Sling Blade?

Tim’s worst enemy is class. What douchebag wears his title belt to the after fight party? To OTHER fighters weigh-ins when he’s not even on the card? To run to the store for milk? In the shower???

Of course if I had the belt I’d wear it during sex…so I guess I’m that type of douchebag. :frowning:

[quote]GhostTribe wrote:
Thanks again dudes, guess i’ll do a little more research on them.
[/quote]

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvfih_cc-to-the-top

If you want to learn more about Cro Cop, check out this incredible highlight someone put together about him. It basically covers his entire career. Some amazing stuff on there.

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:

As to the OP, have you seen Sylvia on Blind Date? Enjoy the train wreck.

[/quote]

wow, that was PAINFUL. I know they can edit it any way they want, but how many awkward lulls in conversation can you have? And when they said good night, how he was standing by the door like she was going to kiss him five minutes after telling him she wasnt sexually or physically attracted to him? Wow…

Anyone here actually read up a little on Tim’s bio? He had a very difficult upbringing that included plenty of physical and mental abuse at the hands of his mother. He’s worked hard to get that belt and it’s something he doesn’t want taken away from him. It doesn’t bother me at all that he likes to wear it outside of the ring. He deserves to have something to be proud of.

Is it just me, or does his posture and walk bear a striking resemblance to Carl from Sling Blade?[/quote]

uh hummm
…some folk calls him a douche, but I just call him ufc hw champion

alright, then

I will laugh when Tim Sylvia beats the crap outta Flipovic.

Of course Hell will also be freezing over and there will be flying pigs everywhere so by that time I’ll have bigger issues to deal with - lol

troop

Donut62 wrote:

If you want to learn more about Cro Cop, check out this incredible highlight someone put together about him. It basically covers his entire career. Some amazing stuff on there.

Thanks a lot bro for that video, that was mighty wide of you. It was one hell of a long video, well worth it though just to see him in action. Thanks again.

Mikro Cro-Cop is on another level compared to any fighter in the UFC bar maybe GSP his conditioning is 1st rate his striking is near perfect and his sprawl is one of the best.

Quntion should have a good time in the UFC he is a big strong wrestler who will cause problems for anyone in the LHW class.

Incase you do not know who Rampage is here is a highlight

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/Rampage%2BJackson%2Bhighlight/video/x86hq_rampage-quinton-jackson-best-of

[quote]FakeJesus wrote:
Tim didn’t become champion by accident.[/quote]

Yup. In theory, Arvloski should be the UFC HW champion. Like so many other contexts in life, theory doesn’t mean shit.

I think most people look at Silva and say, “I could do better. The guy is a clumsy dork.” Then envy sets in. “Why am I not the champ?” they ask themselves.

I certain no one in this thread talking shit about the guy could beat him in a fight. And, in the UFC, winning - not opinions - is what makes a champion.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
FakeJesus wrote:
Tim didn’t become champion by accident.

Yup. In theory, Arvloski should be the UFC HW champion. Like so many other contexts in life, theory doesn’t mean shit.

I think most people look at Silva and say, “I could do better. The guy is a clumsy dork.” Then envy sets in. “Why am I not the champ?” they ask themselves.

I certain no one in this thread talking shit about the guy could beat him in a fight. And, in the UFC, winning - not opinions - is what makes a champion.[/quote]

I wouldn’t say he was a bad fighter, boring certainly against Monson he did fuck all against an opponent giving up nearly a foot in reach with zero striking ability and if he can’t finish him because he is too cautious then I can not see who would want to watch him.

Sylvia gets a lot of credit about his stand-up but his striking is quite frankly not that impressive he has a load of reach and strength that helps him to get by the Heavyweights in the UFC who are a very poor bunch.

I don’t think a lot of casual fans realize just how good a striker cro-cop is he is laser sharp and has dynamite in his hands and feet. He will pick apart everyone in the division bar none.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
GhostTribe wrote:
Thanks again dudes, guess i’ll do a little more research on them.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvfih_cc-to-the-top

[/quote]

That kicked mega ass!