T Nation

Tim Sylvia's Worst Enemy?

Tim Sylvia on Inside the UFC–“my biggest threat in the UFC HW div? Myself.” Uh huh.

Also says that he wants to retire on top in about 3 years. Not going to happen, I think.

I tell you what, I can’t wait for Cro cop to beat the holy hell out of the UFC’s “best”.

UFC’s going to get a lot more entertainng now that both Cro cop and Rampage are coming.

I HATE TIM SYLVIA!!! If CroCop doesn;t beat him so badly that he retires on the mat I just might have to show up in Vegas with a very large stick and finish the job myself. He is the worst fighter to watch live, the worst interviewee in the history of televised sports and the cockiest motherfucker I’ve seen in a long time.

Dear Tim,
CUT YOUR HAIR, SHAVE, STOP TALKING SHIT BECAUSE YOU’RE GONNA GET OWNED SOON (Please God make it happen).

P.S. Stop wearing your fucking belt to sit ringside at events you are not fighting in…god you’re a tool!

C

P.P.S Down with Mike Goldberg too!

Speaking of Sylvia (semi-off-topic, my apologies), what ever happened to Tra Telligman?

Last I heard, he went into a coma or something after that monster kick to the head from Sylvia last year. I couldn’t ever find a follow-up.

As to the OP, have you seen Sylvia on Blind Date? Enjoy the train wreck.

One thing I have noticed, the hate for Tim Sylvia seems universal, I have never seen anything like it in MMA before, lol.

How about the universal hate for Goldberg the announcer?? Please tell me I’m not the only one?

C

Oh God. That was too funny. When she wouldn’t even turn around at the end of the date to shake is hand or get a good night kiss and he looks like he is going to follow her inside has to be an all time classic.

Between Cro-Cop and Heath Herring coming to the UFC Silvia’s days are numbered. Between Cro-cops laser standup and Herrings wresteling one of the two will pick up Silvia’s belt.

on Rampage, I didn’t get to see any of the WFA fights so UFC 66 was my first chance to see rampage since PRIDE 29 (vs Murilo Rua). i’m glad to see he cut his hair and wasn’t carring his bible. He looked good and not nearly as tortured as he did the last time I saw him.

La’
Redsol1

He’s right, his biggest worst enemy is himself. Particularly his fighting style which sucks to high heaven. The UFC Heavyweight champ is supposed to be a stud, a king among the fighting elite. Instead, they’ve given us “Tim Sylvia”. I refuse to watch any of his fights, his disposition, style and charisma is non existent.

The more people hate him the more I like him evn though he does suck.

Talking about him is entertaining as hell.

[quote]Creidem wrote:
How about the universal hate for Goldberg the announcer?? Please tell me I’m not the only one?

C[/quote]

Care to expound on this? I’ll admit he’s definitely not as good as Rogan, but there are many others in many other sports that aren’t near as good. He’s better than Beck and good god the only athlete I think I could stand to here doing it is Tito. Frank Shamrock made me want to shoot myself.

And my advice to you about Silvia, incapacitate him with the stick and then beat the shit out of him barehand so there’s always that slightest question in everyone’s mind of whether you could’ve beat him without the stick.

You guys are mean and are the reason why TS avoids using the web.

In all seriosity, I think his belt fetish is kinda cool. More about passion than pretentiousness. Then again, what do I know about it.

a Croatian foot…

I think the fight should go something like this:

Big John: Are you ready?

TS: Nods

BJM: Are you ready?

CC: Lights cigarette…nods

CC & TS meet in center of ring…LHK!

CC: Exhales puff of smoke

TS: Carcass hits ground…“belt” doesn’t break fall

Rogan n Goldberg enter ring

Rogan: Dude that was insane!

CC: Well…he is a good fighter but he is of much lower level than CroCop. Puts cigarette out in Goldberg’s eye

Goldberg: Arrghh…so I wanted to be an Ultimate fighter…my eye is electric…I mean on…

LHK

Rogan: Dude is rocked!

LHK

Dana_WhiLHK (Me: At least let me type out his whole naLHK…)

Drunken fans boo

LHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHKLHK

Sakikibara: Muahhahahaha!

[quote]Colucci wrote:
Speaking of Sylvia (semi-off-topic, my apologies), what ever happened to Tra Telligman?

Last I heard, he went into a coma or something after that monster kick to the head from Sylvia last year. I couldn’t ever find a follow-up.

Apparently Tim Sylvia’s worst enemy is his obvious lack of game.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Colucci wrote:

Apparently Tim Sylvia’s worst enemy is his obvious lack of game.[/quote]

Yeah it was kinda gay that he drinks girlie cocktails but other than that…

I mean he isn’t a drinker and they hook him up with an alcoholic. Obviously things aren’t gonna gel. I thought she made a spectacle of herself and he was uncomfortable in the situation. Considering the cards he was dealt I didn’t think he did all that bad.

And yes CroCop will kill him!

[quote]ArcaneCocaine wrote:
a Croatian foot…

I think the fight should go something like this:

Big John: Are you ready?

TS: Nods

BJM: Are you ready?

CC: Lights cigarette…nods

CC & TS meet in center of ring…LHK!

CC: Exhales puff of smoke

TS: Carcass hits ground…“belt” doesn’t break fall

Rogan n Goldberg enter ring

Rogan: Dude that was insane!

CC: Well…he is a good fighter but he is of much lower level than CroCop. Puts cigarette out in Goldberg’s eye

Goldberg: Arrghh…so I wanted to be an Ultimate fighter…my eye is electric…I mean on…

LHK

Rogan: Dude is rocked!

LHK

Dana_WhiLHK (Me: At least let me type out his whole naLHK…)

Drunken fans boo

Sakikibara: Muahhahahaha![/quote]

I’m not exactly sure what all this means, but it made me laugh. Yes, Tim is a douche, but I think he pisses people off even more because at the end of the day he just wins. Love him or hate him, he is no can.

I like how Joe Rogan called him out about the belt thing, his first question was where is the belt?
Joe Rogan is straight to the point.
thanks for the blind date clip, classic

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Love him or hate him, he is no can.
[/quote]

Fedor’s MMA record: 25-1-0-1 (Win-Loss-Draw-NC)

Sylvia’s MMA record: 23-2-0

Tim’s numbers actually stack up pretty well against those of the Number 1 fighter in the sport. Not to suggest that he’s even in the same league as Fedor - just compare the fighters each has fought. Fedor’s wins are against an MMA Who’s Who, Tim’s like a Who the fuck is that? Tim’s not a natural fighter, just a big, strong guy with a great coach - but yeah, he’s definitely no can.

What’s up ya’ll. Tim Silvia’s fights are pretty ugly, (the ones i’ve seen) but probably because he’s an ogre. I was pissed to see him beat Jeff Monsoon, (that seriously ripped short guy) even though i know nothing about him. Too bad he was just too short to fight a guy like Tim.

What i’m am worried about is the fight between Cro-Cop and Rampage. I know nothing much about these fighters but I seriously hope Cro-Cop beats his freakin’ head in. Only reason being i’m of Croatian descent and been there a few times and am rooting for the guy.

Rampage looks like a mean mo fo though so best of luck to Cro-Cop, he’s gonna have one hell of a fight. What do you guys think?

Where do I begin my friend? Hmm, well, for starters…I’m pretty much a dick and just don’t like him but I swear I have a few reasons…

1. Yelling “SO YOU WANNA BE AN ULTIMATE FIGHTER?” 3-10 times A FIGHT!
  2. Not having a fairy-fucking clue what is going on but attempting to toss in learned commentary that only ends up sounding like the annoying kid in class that asks questions that they know the answer to just to look smart in front of the teacher…stuff like “locking in that choke really makes it hard for him to breathe doesn’t it Joe?”
  3. Something about his voice too, it just sounds so bloody artificial and falsely extra-deep

I jsut think he takes away from teh fight broadcasts is all.

i say give the job to the Natural, bas Ruten (sp?) did a pride fight and was really good I thought…but I say turn it over to Randy.

Tito would be good if he refrained from talking shit or talking about himself…

C

P.S. DOWN WITH SYLVIA

[quote]lucasa wrote:
Creidem wrote:

C

Care to expound on this? I’ll admit he’s definitely not as good as Rogan, but there are many others in many other sports that aren’t near as good. He’s better than Beck and good god the only athlete I think I could stand to here doing it is Tito. Frank Shamrock made me want to shoot myself.

And my advice to you about Silvia, incapacitate him with the stick and then beat the shit out of him barehand so there’s always that slightest question in everyone’s mind of whether you could’ve beat him without the stick.[/quote]

[quote]Creidem wrote:
Where do I begin my friend? Hmm, well, for starters…I’m pretty much a dick and just don’t like him but I swear I have a few reasons…

1. Yelling “SO YOU WANNA BE AN ULTIMATE FIGHTER?” 3-10 times A FIGHT!
  2. Not having a fairy-fucking clue what is going on but attempting to toss in learned commentary that only ends up sounding like the annoying kid in class that asks questions that they know the answer to just to look smart in front of the teacher…stuff like “locking in that choke really makes it hard for him to breathe doesn’t it Joe?”
  3. Something about his voice too, it just sounds so bloody artificial and falsely extra-deep

I jsut think he takes away from teh fight broadcasts is all.

i say give the job to the Natural, bas Ruten (sp?) did a pride fight and was really good I thought…but I say turn it over to Randy.

Tito would be good if he refrained from talking shit or talking about himself…

C

P.S. DOWN WITH SYLVIA

lucasa wrote:
Creidem wrote:

C

And my advice to you about Silvia, incapacitate him with the stick and then beat the shit out of him barehand so there’s always that slightest question in everyone’s mind of whether you could’ve beat him without the stick.

[/quote]

Forgot to comment on the stick idea…it’s a great one! Should I strike the body with the stick so there’s no marks aside from my fists on his massively mishappen head? maybe I should just hit him with my car or something…I wanna make sure I win!

C