Tim Russert a Bodybuilder?

As most of you probably know by now Tim Russert from Meet the Press died today from a heart attack. I remember watching a show with him a while back when he interviewed Jesse “The Body” Ventura and they showed a clip of Tim Russert posing in a bodybuilding contest and he was huge as in close to professional bodybuilding size.

I think he did that to win respect from Jesse but Jesse just said “What happened to you” or something like that indicating why didn’t he look like that now.

Anyway, I tried to do a search to find pics of Tim Russert as a bodybuilder and I got absolutely no where. I am pretty sure I remember it correctly as it made an impression on me, I had no idea he had been a serious lifter and from the looks of him he is pretty normal looking on TV. So I am wondering if anybody else saw that interview or had any information about him being a bodybuilder?

I couldn’t find anything either. I would like to see pictures. I’m surprised. He really didn’t look like he had ever exercised. He also kinda looked like a guy who would have a heart attack at any time. I hope that doesn’t sound crass or insensitive, I don’t mean it that way. I hope someone can show proof of his former physique glory.