Tightening of Some Areas Before Others?

I don’t know if anyone’s noticed this, or if I’m just losing my mind from dieting. I’ve been on a slow cut for about 2 months now. We’re talking about 1/2 to a pound loss per week. So far, I have suffered no loss in strength, or noticable muscle size. This is good, as by all signs I am definitely getting tighter.

What I find perculiar (and I know it’s an individual thing) is that my delts and especially my back are really cutting up very well, yet my midsection seems to lag. It’s certainly not the end of the world or anything, but I guess I just expected it to work in the reverse order as while I was never ‘fat’ per say, I was softer in the midsection than anywhere else.

This is the 1st time I’ve cut since getting into my 30’s, and maybe everything’s just all screwy now -lol

S

Im doing the exact same thing as you. Im slowly trying to get leaner. I have noticed increased definition in my delts, and my mid is way behind. This should be the last part to leave, i guess.

I think that’s the same for everyone. That stubborn fat is the last to go. I’ve also been doing a slow cut since New Years and it seems that my arms and legs are leaning out, but there’s this annoying fat on my lower back, abs and lower pecs that is just hanging around.

I’m the same as you vader

It does vary from individual to individual but fat deposits around the midsection and lower back are generally the most stubborn to get rid of. Last time I “cut” there was a point where I had striated delts and a good layer of fat covering my abdominals.

Man, back in my 20’s, I could drop fat like it was nothing… and always from where you’d want it to go from! Damn Father Time!

S

It could be worse. You could keep losing from the shoulders and watch yourself keep getting narrower.

I think your experience is normal. There was an article (or maybe just a T-Cell Alpha thread) recently talking about how most people have more fat to lose than they think.

You are looking lean in your avatar. What weight do you think you will end up at?

Yeah, join the club.

I have been measuring skinfolds from time to time for about 8 years, and it’s kinda interesting how the fat storage patterns have changed.

It’s also interesting how the same amount of fat can look bad in one area but not another. The fat on my calves is just as thick as my waist, but I don’t mind it on my calves.

I was interested in CT’s thread on getting rid of his back fat. I tried rhodiola and suddenly lost fat around my waist.

I have always lost fat from around my shoulders before anywhere else also. I think that it is a pretty common thing.

Also as not much fat generally stores there once you lose some there you really start to get some nice visible striations.

Most men carry their fat in their trunk. IE abdominal and back region.

I’m sort of like Coach Thib in the sense my back is the last place where I lose fat and seem to have the higher percentage of fat storage. I’ll probably do that insulin training that he did to get rid of it on my upcomming cut.

You can check out the article here. I think he advises not using this until you’re in the single digits already, but I could be wrong.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2092666

The hardest place for guys to lose body fat is the stomach. You are far from alone with your situation, I know I am the exact same way as well.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Man, back in my 20’s, I could drop fat like it was nothing… and always from where you’d want it to go from! Damn Father Time!

S
[/quote]

I know the feeling. Back when I was in my mid-20’s it always seemed like I never had to do much other than eat a little less and I’d usually lean out within a month or so.

Now, that I’m in my mid-30’s, it seems like I have to use more ‘tricks’ and for a longer period of time to get the same results. Oh well…