Tight Wrists Causing Pain While Doing Cleans

I always had bad overall body mobility. Causing injuries in the lower back, shoulders and elbows. It’s been now 3 years that I am using stretching and mobility drills everyday. Everything increased a lot except for my wrists. I have small hands and it’s causing pain when executing cleans and front squat. I barrely can hit the 45 degrees in extension with my hands. Any suggestions of mobilty drills? Thank you

i have about the same situation. in particular i get also pain in my thumbs when i bend my hands in the rack position. i use a drill that’s executed by striking slowly down ward with soft part of the hand and upward with the palm, it doesn’t work wonders but i feel a little better after it especially in my thumbs.

/br bonoboschimp

Hi mate,

Try this Tip: Soft Tissue Work for Heavy Bench Pressers

Could also give that a go on the other side of the forearm, then look to stretch both sides.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot guys ill give this a try :metal:

1 Like

Do you front squat a lot?

If we think about it just hitting the rack position and maintaining for lots of reps/sets is pretty much doing specific mobility work the whole time (given you can assume the required positions in the first place). Over time you loosen up in all the right places at least that has been my experience with front squats. Bit more efficient vs adding on more time to a daily mobility routine.

Even if a full clean grip with the bar in the palm not the fingers is not possible right now there’s progressions depending on where you are at e.g. straps, thumbs under, 1,2,3,4,5 fingers under and finally onto a full grip.