Tight Thighs/Lower Back

I’ve had the lower back tightness before I strongly recommend foam rolling, it has helped me a lot, do it at least everyday, it will help you out like crazy

[quote]diabolic42 wrote:
I’ve had the lower back tightness before I strongly recommend foam rolling, it has helped me a lot, do it at least everyday, it will help you out like crazy[/quote]

Hey man, I respect anyone who wants to reach out and help, but I have to respectfully disagree with you, at least if you mean to say you foam rolled your low back.

You have to find out WHY the low back is hurting, and not just treat the effect if that makes sense… in this case it’s definitely tight hips as they pull you into anterior pelvic tilt and put a lot of strain on the low back, and it’s just a matter of time before something bad happens.

Rolling the low back might make it feel ok for a bit, but it’ll come back.

that’s not to say rolling the glutes is the end of the world… but the low back is a bad idea, that’s a muscle that’s supposed to be tight.

Unless of course he’s in posterior pelvic tilt, in which case that’s tight abs and hamstrings.

Check out Neanderthal no more by Eric Cressey and Mike Robertson… work to understand that, and you’ll understand low back pain.

Can we like pin this thread just for that video?! Great vid!

Larry10, thanks so much. I never knew how awesome mobility drills were. Up until now I used to do 20 min of passive stretching before my workouts which may have actually been detrimental.