Tight Jeans = Squatting Breifs?

So, I have these old jeans that, before I did 20 rep squats, I had trouble squeezing my legs into. They were so tight, if I needed to wear them, I’d go commando.

I just dug them out of my closet, realizing I still had them, I thought… If I cut them right at the knee, and was able to squeeze my fatass into them and button them up… would I be able to use them as squatting breifs?

I usually feel alot of tension (wouldnt necessarily call it pain) in my hips/hip flexors while doing PL stance squats, and I’ve heard getting into squatting breifs can help…

…yes, no?

People have done this in the past, before the equipment was at the level it is now. I also have a friend that always wears his semi-tight jean shorts whenever he squats.

Go ahead and try. Just be cautious of the seams ripping apart.

I know almost nothing about squatting briefs, but I don’t think your jeans will work. Just like a chain is as strong as its weakest leak, I’d think the jeans would rip at the seams. However, reinforcing the seams with the excess jean material and strong thread/fishing line might work. You’re not out much money if it doesn’t.

You’ll be fucked if they split.

You can get a pair of briefs pretty cheap- used if you want from some sites…better safe than sorry.

I remember ripping a pair of tight jeans when I threw my friend over my shoulder and started squatting him.

-MAtt

I’m trying not to visualize some dude at the gym doing squats in a pair of skin tight cut off jean shorts. that vision could come back to haunt you at a most inappropriate time.

to your question- it’s already been answered. the seams will not hold up. go to Inzer and get a pair of groove briefs or power pants. I like the power pants because you can pull them up and get your belt around them. you can get them for around $40.

say no to jean shorts…

meat

I’m trying not to visualize some dude at the gym doing squats in a pair of skin tight cut off jean shorts. that vision could come back to haunt you at a most inappropriate time.

to your question- it’s already been answered. the seams will not hold up. go to Inzer and get a pair of groove briefs or power pants. I like the power pants because you can pull them up and get your belt around them. you can get them for around $40.

say no to jean shorts…

meat

Not a good idea. If you want support for your hip flexors, it would need to extend well past your waist to avoid “slippage” in the legs as you are descending. Unless you wear empire waist jeans up to your chest, then squat away.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
They were so tight, if I needed to wear them, I’d go commando.

[/quote]

rrjc,

I always thought you were just joking around about being gay on here…

Anyway, I also can’t believe I’m the only one to give a non-serious response to this thread.

Get one of your buddies in a pinch while at the bottom of a squat and you’ll understand why squatting commando in jean shorts wouldn’t be a good idea.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
They were so tight, if I needed to wear them, I’d go commando.

rrjc,

Anyway, I also can’t believe I’m the only one to give a non-serious response to this thread.

[/quote]

I think everyone was waiting for the thread next week about his pants splitting while he’s not wearing underwear.

[quote]Matgic wrote:
[/quote]

Yeah, I figured that… but I was thinking it wouldnt be so bad as long as I was in a rack.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
[/quote]

LOL. Dude, apparently you’ve never had your wife discover you were going commando. The ladies love it. But, I guess you wouldnt really know anything about that, fag.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
I think everyone was waiting for the thread next week about his pants splitting while he’s not wearing underwear.
[/quote]

Hahaha, for the record… I was going to wear baggy sweatpants over them, anyway.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

LOL. Dude, apparently you’ve never had your wife discover you were going commando. The ladies love it. But, I guess you wouldnt really know anything about that, fag.[/quote]

This isn’t a matter of commando or not, it’s your fruity ass jeans.

Wearing, or even owning for that matter, skin-tight jeans that I can’t even fit underwear underneath would result in zero action from my wife.

She prefers me when I’m not dressed as a member of The Village People.

Fag.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

LOL. Dude, apparently you’ve never had your wife discover you were going commando. The ladies love it. But, I guess you wouldnt really know anything about that, fag.

This isn’t a matter of commando or not, it’s your fruity ass jeans.

Wearing, or even owning for that matter, skin-tight jeans that I can’t even fit underwear underneath would result in zero action from my wife.

She prefers me when I’m not dressed as a member of The Village People.

Fag.[/quote]

There was once a time where I could wear them with underwear, but as my legs grew, there became less and less room… On days where it wasnt too cold, I’d even have to leave the zipper open for my junk to have breathing room.

It’s your balls, squish them if you wish.

This is the only way tight jeans work.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
So, I have these old jeans that, before I did 20 rep squats, I had trouble squeezing my legs into. They were so tight, if I needed to wear them, I’d go commando.

I just dug them out of my closet, realizing I still had them, I thought… If I cut them right at the knee, and was able to squeeze my fatass into them and button them up… would I be able to use them as squatting breifs?

I usually feel alot of tension (wouldnt necessarily call it pain) in my hips/hip flexors while doing PL stance squats, and I’ve heard getting into squatting breifs can help…

…yes, no?[/quote]

Cheapass.

I can just see him squatting in the daisey dukes he describes…why would you do that??

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
This is the only way tight jeans work.[/quote]

I violently agree with you.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Matgic wrote:

Yeah, I figured that… but I was thinking it wouldnt be so bad as long as I was in a rack.

[/quote]

I’ve never squatted equipped (including daisy dukes), but think of it this way. Say you have an extra 40lbs on the bar than you could handle without the gay-briefs. If you’re coming out of the hole (this gets gayer and gayer) and they suddenly split, that’s an extra 40lbs on your body instantly. You wouldn’t get smashed, but it could fuck something up.

And you are only allowed to do this if you wear frayed bleached short shorts, construction boots, and mid shin high socks.

-MAtt