Tight ITB

All of the sudden my IT band on both legs has become much tighter. I think it may be related to trying some barefoot running the past two nights.

They are super tight. While sitting if I stick my leg straight out, as if I were on a leg extension machine, I can feel that my IT band takes most of the load. So much so that my quad still feels pretty soft.

But I can still feel that the quad tendon is not soft. I can feel it with my hands below the quad muscle and it is still very taught. It is like all the tendons are taking the load and much of the muscle is nearly relaxed.

If feels like the top layer of muscle is not activating at all. I think something is really wrong. I am suspecting something like a delamination of the muscle from the tendon. It makes me sick just thinking about that.

I go to the doctor on Wednesday but I don’t know what to do in the mean time. I’m scared of even doing foam rolling, but I don’t know what else to do.

I think you need to get over your fear of foam rolling the IT band.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I think you need to get over your fear of foam rolling the IT band.[/quote]

I’ve also been doing that for months before this happened and it hasn’t helped my other knee problems.

[quote]darsemnos wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
I think you need to get over your fear of foam rolling the IT band.

I’ve also been doing that for months before this happened and it hasn’t helped my other knee problems.

[/quote]

What I’m trying to say is I’ve done it before and I didn’t have a fear of it before. But it feels so tight now that if I apply pressure to it with a foam roll it is going to snap. I know, that is probably extremely unlikely. But maybe it will cause my patella to dislocate.

Anyone?

Sounds like a tricky problem no one here would be willing to diagnose. Most of us dont have medical training, and those that do would agree that telling you to do something without actually looking at it could damage you. Seek professional help.