T Nation

Thyroid Question And Morning Temp

I took my temp in morning last couple od days sat: 96.5, sun 97.1, and mon 97.2 so average would be 96.9, seems a bit lower than normal should I be worried about this? is this abnormal?

I assume it has been like this for a long time…

Also, my most recent bloodwork 8 months ago…

thyroid
total t4 9.5
t-uptake 35.2
TSH 0.46

seems normal so I don’t know why I’m having a low morning temp. Anybody have any insight on this?

For you that temp may be normal are your dieting or have been long term or is this while during a phase when your eating

were all a bit different

Phill

I wouldn’t worry so much about the temp. What are the normal ranges from the lab that checked those tests. The TSH seems low and the T4 seems high.

Your levels are fine, the morning temp varies it can be lower depending on a number of things. Try integrating a TBSP of Virgin Coconut oil into your diet everyday great for thyroid and hormonal balance…

SHadoW

[quote]paulMD wrote:
I wouldn’t worry so much about the temp. What are the normal ranges from the lab that checked those tests. The TSH seems low and the T4 seems high. [/quote]

Thanks for all the responses.

here are the readings again and the ranges:

Total t4: 9.5 range: 4.5-12.5

T-uptake: 35.2 range: 25.0-35.0 HIGH

FTI: 3.3 range: 1.1-4.4

TSH 0.46 range: 0.40-4.50

I will add the coconut oil back in. Thanks, I forgot about that.

Hell if anything from those results on that scale your closer to Hyperthyroid then being suppressed

Phill

I agree, sounds borderline hyperthyroid, with a possible “hot” nodule. I would be interested in seeing a free T4 (not total T4) and T3.