Thyroid or Low Testosterone? Both?

hey guys , first post . Ive read through some of the stickies , i haven’t gotten blood work from a dr yet or had the chance to check temperatures but basically this is whats up .

I haven’t felt the same in about 2 years now , for long periods of time i went on a low caloric restriction to get lean . I still wasn’t as lean as i wanted to be (skinny fat) and i lost 30 pounds of fat , i still have a gut , but i lowered my calories even more thinking that i was stalling out on weight loss , and upped my training to 6 days a week as a natural ( i was dumb)( i was also experiencing black vision during certain times kind of like a hypertension) , i was also dealing with stressful personal issues at the time .

It started with one day i felt extremely lethargic while going up a flight of stairs, i brushed it off but knew something was wrong , then i started feeling not lethargic but fatigued more, i do have days that feel like i dont have the energy to do many things , i get fatigued after certain things that i shouldn’t , i’ve also had erection problems , which rarely happen and when they do they are weak, i also feel more “beat up” in general and just not healthy , sometimes it feels like my bones or joints hurt a lot , i’m experiencing almost all symptoms of low testosterone and i’m almost 23 .

I upped my calories to maintenance and slowly raised them to healthy levels , which i’ve been doing for a year , and i still don’t feel the same , i have the same issues, i now weight train full body 3 times a week . I feel very weak , i am very rarely interested in having sex with my girlfriend , so libido is pretty shot , when the time comes to get into it with her i feel like i cant nor do i get excited at all to perform . I DO eat enough fats. I also have chronic anxiety , and months ago i lost all motivation to train, and motivation/drive for most things in general, i started getting into the gym again after i took 3 months off .

I know thyroid problems are closely related to testosterone issues , but i’m really trying to figure out whats wrong with me . I felt WAY better years ago . I will be getting bloodwork soon at my dr’s but i have no idea what to ask for in terms of what to get tested for in my bloodwork . I would greatly appreciate any useful information .

Please read these stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • thyroid basics
  • HPTA restart
  • finding a TRT doc

I would guess that your diet and over training has create an adrenal fatigue issue. See references to TSH, fT3, rT3, adrenal fatigue, Wilson’s book in thyroid basics sticky. Check and post oral body temperatures as suggested in that sticky. It you have not been using iodized salt, that is a huge factor too. Are your outer eyebrows sparse?

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH !!!
prolactin !!!
DHEA-S
AM cortisol - at 8AM please
CBC
hematocrit
Vit-D25 or just take 5000 - 6000iu Vit-D3
TSH
fT3
fT4 - please not T3, T4
rT3 - fight for this even if doc does not understand why

hey guys , first post . Ive read through some of the stickies , i haven’t gotten blood work from a dr yet or had the chance to check temperatures but basically this is whats up .

I haven’t felt the same in about 2 years now , for long periods of time i went on a low caloric restriction to get lean . I still wasn’t as lean as i wanted to be (skinny fat) and i lost 30 pounds of fat , i still have a gut , but i lowered my calories even more thinking that i was stalling out on weight loss , and upped my training to 6 days a week as a natural ( i was dumb)( i was also experiencing black vision during certain times kind of like a hypertension) , i was also dealing with stressful personal issues at the time .

It started with one day i felt extremely lethargic while going up a flight of stairs, i brushed it off but knew something was wrong , then i started feeling not lethargic but fatigued more, i do have days that feel like i dont have the energy to do many things , i get fatigued after certain things that i shouldn’t , i’ve also had erection problems , which rarely happen and when they do they are weak, i also feel more “beat up” in general and just not healthy , sometimes it feels like my bones or joints hurt a lot , i’m experiencing almost all symptoms of low testosterone and i’m almost 23 .

I upped my calories to maintenance and slowly raised them to healthy levels , which i’ve been doing for a year , and i still don’t feel the same , i have the same issues, i now weight train full body 3 times a week . I feel very weak , i am very rarely interested in having sex with my girlfriend , so libido is pretty shot , when the time comes to get into it with her i feel like i cant nor do i get excited at all to perform . I DO eat enough fats. I also have chronic anxiety , and months ago i lost all motivation to train, and motivation/drive for most things in general, i started getting into the gym again after i took 3 months off .

I know thyroid problems are closely related to testosterone issues , but i’m really trying to figure out whats wrong with me . I felt WAY better years ago . I will be getting bloodwork soon at my dr’s but i have no idea what to ask for in terms of what to get tested for in my bloodwork . I would greatly appreciate any useful information .