Thyroid Labs. Do I Need T3?

TSH 2.63 (0.35-4.50mlu/l)
B12 424 (180 -2000)
T4 16.4 (11-24pmol)
T3 4.3 (3.90-6.80pmol

Ultrasound also said thyroid is moth eaten

The fatigue and weakness I suffer from is so deliberating, do you think T3 supplementation would help?

Family has a history of thyroid disorders als

We cover thyroid issues in the T-replacement forum.

T4–>T3 conversion can be lower if ferritin is lower.

fT3 is the active hormone and should be tested.

Are you going to have thyroid autoimmune labs done?

Were your problems caused by not using iodized salt?
Do you have 150mcg iodine and 200mcg selenium in your vitamins?

See below re testing overall thyroid function via oral body temperatures.

Read all of the thyroid basics sticky.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Hi @KSman

Thanks for your excellent timely response

I do not have a ferretin result, but I will chase that.

I have been diagnosed with a mild fatty liver but no scarring, and also metabolic syndrome high blood pressure, abdominal weight gain and high cholestrol

I have been told to lose weight but that is simply not cutting it, I eat a healthy carb restricted diet and always have. I put on an extra 2 stone out of no where for no reason last year

Im 31, 6ft and currently 15.8 stone and used to be 13.5 stone

I also suffer ED and psoriasis

The overwhelming problem I have is fatigue and waking up tired, today I woke up at 7am usual tired, sore eyes and weak - I then went back to sleep until 10am and woke up feeling even worse

I wonder if this is related to my thyroid low t3 or an insulin problem

I dont currently supplement Iodine and selenium but I will from tomorrow

Please let me know your thoughts

Sorry I forgot to mention also that yes I have had the antibodies test done and it came back normal - despite an ultrasound showing it very moth bitten

your labs shown normal results. I’m not a “KSMAN”, but by the results, you do not need t3/ t4.

Even though it is moth eaten and my T3 is in the bottom 14% of the range?

Any idea what else could be causing the fatigue when waking?

The ranges are simply useless and the 95th percentile “normal range” captures many with real problems. And TSH should be closer to 1.0, others near or a bit above mid-range, rT3 lower the better.

Metabolic disorder aka syndrome X is characterized by:
lower T levels
higher E2 relative to T creating estrogen dominance
DHEA-S may be low
reduced insulin sensitivity
increased cholesterol
and low thyroid function definitely feeds into this
some will have trouble caused by stain drugs

You can improve things by doing TRT as discussed in the T-replacement forum and addressing thyroid issues. Vit-D3 5000iu may also help.

Is that B12 range a typo?

I will have trouble tracking this in this forum, not here enough. Make a post asking to transfer to T-replacement forum and some good natured moderator may pick that up.

Thanks Ksman I was unaware of Low T and its links to metabolic syndrome

I will brinfg this up with my endo immediately

I was on propecia for 5 years and Im well aware of the damage that can cause

My testosterone was 15 on a scale of 11-28 and I tried 50mg of androgel for 6 months but didnt see any improvements

Do you suggest I go on T3 to support my thyroid and look at a much stronger dose of TRT?