Sup guys, new here. First up questions and stats, then context if you want to read.
- Just eyeballing it, how do my T/E2 levels look?
- Given my high E2, should I just shoot for arimedix? What kind of T increase would I likely see?
- Is it just an E2 problem and not a T problem? How do I tell the difference?
- Should I experiment with Iodine supplementation on my own, before the comprehensive hormone test?
- How long did it take for you guys to go from seeing a problem to finding the cause to getting a prescribed solution and feeling good “again”?
- Total Testosterone: 400 ng/dl (264-916,)
- Free Testosterone: 9.3 ng/dl
- Estradiol (E2): 38 pg/ml (8-35)
- SHBG: 24.9 nmol/L
NA: 138 mEq/L (137-147)
- Age: 21
- Height: 5’7
- Weight: 135 lbs, Waist = 29"
- BF%: 10-15%
- Habits: calisthenics, muay thai, clean diet, Vitamin D, ZMA, no steroids, always 6-10 hours of sleep, no videogames, no porn
- Symptoms: sluggish, foggy & scattered brain, dick works - but sex drive seems broken, emotional swings, low motivation, redness and heat flushing, usually feel out of it - as if I just got stunned by a ton of bricks
- Related Med: will be taking a comprehensive hormone test soon, was in for (minor) gynocomastia surgery last year, mother has thyroid issues
In the past two years at uni, I have cleaned up my diet, quit porn, quit videogames, and started muay thai and calisthenics; even with all the improvements, I regularly feel like abject crap. Last year, I asked my GP to order up a hormone test, he said that because I’m athletic, there’s no reason to worry. He then handed me a depression sheet instead. Because of my simultaneous surgery for gyno, I was not impressed. Started researching hormones and self-medicating with supplements, which did help a little.
Was finally able to persuade my pulmonologist to order up a blood test last week. Was disturbed by the results - T/FT in 5th percentile range and E2 not even in range. However, given my family history and currently low-ish salt diet - I’ve a slight suspicion that it’s just my thyroid messing around with me. What say you guys?