T Nation

Thyroid Confusion

Hi, Ive read the articles about Thyroid and body temperatures.

It has left me a little confused as my morning and afternoon body temperatures are low suggesting my Thyroid is under active but my blood results say my Thyroid is functioning fine.

I also had a hair mineral analysis done and this also reported that I may be suffering from a under active thyroid and that my metabolic rate is slow.

Ill post temperatures and Thyroid panel and TRT dosage

Temps-
Morning and afternoon temps are up and down, over the course of the week some are as low a 35.75C all the way to 36.29 when waking

Afternoon has been as low as 36.5 up to 36.92.

I take iodine and selenium supplements (started recently)

My Thyroid panel -
TSH 1.62 0.27-4.20
Free Thyroxine 15.100 12.00- 22.00
Free T3 4.96 3.10 - 6.80
Antibodies are all negative for auto immune

TRT -
Test E 50mg every 3.5 days

So I’m confused, Why would my body temperature still be low even tho my bloods say I’m good?

My libido is low and I have energy but I am not 100%

Thanks for reading

Reverse T3?

I was thinking that could be a possibility, Unfortunately the test didn’t include it but I can get one done this week

TRT also plays with thyroid levels and thyroid is not the only factor in body temp - estrogen and low dietary fat plays a role too

Reverse T3 blocks Free T3, if Reverse T3 is high then it would negate a portion of that Free T3.

Ferritin is needed for thyroid function, no cortisol testing either.

Provide SHBG levels, this can be critical for choosing the proper TRT protocol.

Ferritin is - 113 ug/L 30.00 - 400.00
Cortisol morning 382.000 nmol/l 166.00 -507.00
SHBG - 24 nmol/L 18.30 -54.10

My thyroid numbers look great in the absence of RT3 testing which shows elevated levels and yet TSH is less than 1.0 which is considered perfect. TSH isn’t always a good indication of thyroid status and some people have normal thyroid labs and thyroid dysfunction is present.