Total t is 18 nmol, (8-29)
shbg 77 nmol high (18-54)
estrogen 140 pmol (41-159)
free t is 0.20 nmol low (0.2-0.6)
fsh is 2 (1.5-12)
lh is 4 (1.7-8)

However thyroid is weird
Please take a look at numbers of thyroid

TSH goes from 1.3-2.3 on tests (0.27-4.2)
Free t3 @ 5.4 (3.1-6.8)
Free thyroxine @ 22 (12-22) high
Reverse t3 @ 33 (10-24) high
Ft3/rt3 ratio @ 10 (>15) low

Just ordered an oral thermometer
Any notes or thoughts on my health
Shall I buy iodine and selenium

Yes, your reverse T3 is high. Is it CAUSING your low
T symptoms? Nope. You SHBG is definitely not helping you, but some ranges would be good. The thermometer thing is a waste of your time, it’s pure crap peddled by a Dr Wilson. Don’t bother with the iodine, the selenium might be useful but I wouldn’t put money on it. Anything else?

Added some ranges now. Was hoping in a way my thyroid explain my issues.

These numbers all suck. Sorry. You need to do something about your Test levels. Higher test will lower your SHBG, which has a double whammy of giving you more free T. Your E2 is not great either. So, you do not in fact have decent T stats, you have low total T, stupid SHBG, virtually no free T and relatively high E2.

We don’t normally see such high Reverse T3 around here, holy cow! SHBG is clearly a problem and binding up too much testosterone, nothing you can do about it except TRT.

You must get Reverse T3 <15 ng/dL or else it will block Free T3, the active thyroid hormone. T3 medicine is used for people with elevated Reverse T3. Sadly most doctors either believe Reverse T3 is irrelevant or do not test for it.

Thanks you guys

Do you suggesting that I first fix my thyroid, I don’t understand as my t3 is ok so does it matter my rt3 is high as I have enough t3 anyway.

Interesting thyroid numbers. I’d test your Total T4 and T3. Total t4, since tsh can fluctuate +/- 2 points each day, so that “going up” doesn’t tell you too much by itself. And then total t3 would be another checkup on conversion.

Any reason to suspect you’d be insulin resistant? Two of the strongest regulators of t4->t3 conversion are actually insulin and glutathione.

As for diet, eat seafood and organ meat for selenium and iodine, get enough protein (for glutathione synthesis), and don’t avoid iodized salt. You don’t need too much selenium for the deiodinase enzyme to work and you could get quite a bit from your diet. The selenocysteine form in meat is probably preferable.

Personally, I don’t think body temperature is a very useful marker of thyroid status.

Your T still sucks. If you’r hypothyroid it might come up a bit but good chance it won’t. If you’re close to 40+, I would consider trt from those numbers alone…

Looks like they don’t do total t4 and t3 option at all
I dont think I am insulin resistant, my hbac1 is 35 (20 - 42)
last time i checked insulin it was on the low end of the range 3.5 miul ( 2.6 - 24 )

I am 32 years old
i think i will order an iodine and selenium supplement to see what happens

Do you recommend anything els I can do natural to help?

Hey guys

I found old blood test where my fasted insulin is 3.5 on a range of 2.6 to 24.9

There is an inverse relationship of insulin and shbg

Still I am health eat lots of fruit every day
Perhaps too insulin sensitive!

Wonder if this is the answer, if I can increase insulin somehow

No, That study shows correlation with type 1 diabetes. You are not diabetic, and your insulin is good. You wouldn’t want it to be higher, that would indicate type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Your insulin is not driving your SHBG.

Thanks for reply everyone

I researched mediation to reduce rt3 as I have all lifestyle factors in check - the answer was t3 meds like Cytomel

But T3 meds are shown to significantly increase SHBG!

I cannot win maybe!

I am taking selenium and iodine for since I said but still feel very tired and no sex drive at all - zero

Should I look at TRT to fix my life?

A higher androgen level (like testosterone) will over time lower SHBG, will give you more drive and elevate your mood.

1 Like

TRT does not do all the heavy lifting, you have to pull your own weight to regain your health. That’s means eating healthy, lift weights and exercise.

You might see a marginal increase, you just throw more testosterone at it. I have seen men with higher SHBG than you do well on TRT.

1 Like

should I just try T3 first ?

i am hoping getting RT3 down will also reduce my SHBG

dont a lot of total testosterone to play with so i really need to reduce SHBG hoping with thyroid fixes!

i will report back in a few weeks

You need to start TRT and T3 at the same time or SHBG will increase and will lower what Free T you have into oblivion.

Hi guys i am seriously considering starting TRT if i can find a docteur in Europe who will treat me…

i am very tired still and feel very bad at the moment i take pleasure in nothing
but because my total T is very high i am unsure if they will

i wish i just had normal SHBG and low T then its an easy diagnosis

1) My question is should i do TRT first or T3 medication??

it surely makes sense to do one thing at a time, otherwise i wont know what is working individually…

so with that comment of yours system lord, surely TRT first, and then add T3…

2) am i missing something natural I can do before i go down this route?

I sleep a good 7-8 hours every night

i am taking a whole group of vitamins every day for a LONG time including boron, nettle, and the basic zinc mangneisum and b vitamins plus i have been taking selenium and iodine for many weeks now too

i eat carbs and protein…

i feel i am going mad!

3) did anybody in my situation exist (high shbg and low free tastosteron), start TRT and feel better? I am concerned that i dont need TRT and i will feel the same while killing my natural levels

Biker G

Your testosterone panel is pathetic, you have the Free T levels of a eunuch, there is no doubt.

You need to treat both thyroid and go on TRT.

Hi guys

What would you say are the biggest reason that someone would NOT feel good on TRT?

I read sometimes people want to get off but surely they would feel great ?

Bad diagnosis? Didn’t need it maybe?