Thyroid Advice with TRT?

Who knows what caused it, bad genes, environmental, only thing that matters is treatment. My pituitary got fu***** overnight after stopping a mind altering drug.

I actually listened @mr.inquisitive ‘s advice here for the dose. Why do you think it will f me up? Will it make me hyper or smth? Maybe i shouldn’t wait until 6th week to take a blood test?

So i suddenly have secondary hypothyroidism which i didn’t have until recently… I didn’t know that was possible. Can TRT trigger this?

That synthetic stuff really sucks. I tried 2 grains and felt tired and sick. I tried 4, it didn’t help. So sick of it I tried even more didn’t work.

I got armour thyroid 2 grains and boom it worked.

Synthetic thyroid meds don’t work. Many will tell you the same that have tried it.

1 Like

No it will not. I cannot imagine or see any mechanism that would cause healthy T levels to crash your thyroid hormones. I’ve never heard it and would be skeptical of anyone who says so.

Tens of thousands of men are on TRT and perfectly fine thyroid. I would reckon so many men would have started thyroid meds if this held any water friend.

1 Like

100mcg is a lot of medication. It’s for someone with full blown thyroid disease. If your FT3 and FT4 and both in range, or even slightly low, you more than likely don’t need that much medication. Just to warn you, hyperthyroid symptoms are much worse than hypothyroid symptoms, so it’s always best to taper up, instead of down.

1 Like

It won’t kill you. You will know if its too much. 100mcg sounds like a bit much. you normally start at a good dose based on your levels and retest until its at top of range. once its at top of range you are ok if you go above that range a tiny bit. Just dont go way above range. It would take a bunch of doses to actually get the long term negative effects of too much thyroid meds. You would figure out you took too much and within hours the symptoms would subside and you would of learned your lesson.

1 Like

Half life of Levo is a week. Symptoms won’t subside in hours, and you may not get symptoms for days. Liothyronine is different since it’s very fast acting.

If you want to feel like you’re going through menopause, then sure, give 100mcg a try.

1 Like

@galgenstrick @enackers
Let me actually post my thyroid levels… These are my averages from last 4 tests :

FT3 - 2.88 pg/mL 2.04 - 4.4 pg/mL
FT4 - 1.10 ng/dL 0.93 - 1.71 ng/dL
T3 - 82 ng/dL 83 - 200 ng/dL
T4 - 5.43 ug/dL 5.13 - 14.1 ug/dL
TSH used to be between 2.5-3.8 but somehow it’s averaging 1.21 on last 4 tests as i mentioned before.
Reverse T3 15.1 ng/dL 9 - 21.5 ng/dL
Anti-Tiroglobulin (Anti-Tg) 1.07 IU/mL 0,01 - 4,11
Anti-TPO 0.26 IU/mL < 5,61

The idea of starting with 100mcg right away seemed ok with me at that time because as you can see above my T4 is really low and thus T3 is low. With the very few available T4 i still seem to have half decent FT3 and that made me think i don’t really have that much of a conversion issue. Sums up the reason why i went for Levo first.

Anyhow… It’s been two weeks , so far no effects, bad or good. I am exactly the same. If you guys think 100mcg is too much , should i lower it to smth like 75mcg right away or wait until the 6th week mark?

Maybe i should switch to NDT starting from tomorrow… I have it ready in hand (Thyroid-S which should be basically the same as Armour aside from fillers).

Do you split your dose within the day? How many grains should i start with according to the labs above?

TRT can expose other already weak endocrine glands, TRT increases metabolic rates and you already had a pituitary problem and TRT exposed it.

These thyroid levels are before taking any thyroid medication?

Then you started taking 100mcg of levothyroxine per day. When did you start that?

Yes those are before Levo. I started exactly 2 weeks ago…

Those labs are averages of the labs does within the last 6 months or so.

My pituitary MRI was clean 2 months ago. Does that mean anything in this situation?

Bear in mind , i have testosterone , thyroid and cortisol problems. Adrenals prolly crushed after TRT but i’ve had low thyroid levels before TRT.

With your numbers, you should need less than 50mcg/day. I expect you’ll start to see symptoms of hyperthyroidism soon. Probably anxiety, night sweats, and poor sleep.

It’s completely up to you what you do, but if it were me I would drop my dose to 35mg of levothyroxine or you could try 1/4 grain of Armour instead. Then get levels checked in 6 weeks.

Thyroid medications are not like testosterone where you don’t need to worry too much if you are over the lab ranges. With thyroid, you want to avoid going over the ranges and taper up, not down.

1 Like

I already have those expect for night sweats.
Poor sleep began after i started TRT. Tried 100mg , 125mg , 150mg , daily , MWF , twice a week. Any other symptom should i be aware of? Like palpitations?

People in this forum have been telling me to start NDT with at least 1 grain because less of that will make me even worse…

Your advice is noted.

Should i stop Levo for couple of days before i lower my dosage or start to NDT?

Yes, palpitations can happen. I get them if I take too much. Night sweats on testosterone were mild for me in comparison. When I was hyperthyroid my sheets would be soaked, and if either be freezing for feel like I’m having heat stroke.

Why would less than 1 grain make you feel worse? Complete bro science. Thyroid medication stacks with your normal production, it’s not going to shut down your production like exogenous testosterone. The goal is to get your numbers higher, and that’s what the medication will do, no matter what the dose.

Didn’t know it stacked with normal thyroid production.
Are you on any thyroid meds right now?

By the way is it too meaningless to test my thyroid levels after 2 weeks of T4 usage? How fast does it act?

Yes, it definitely stacks.

I take 125mcg levothyroxine. But I have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.

Your levels will be elevated after 2 weeks, but they will keep going up until they stabilize at the 6 weeks mark.

It would be a good idea to test vitamin d levels when you get your thyroid tests done as well.

BTW here is the first lab I received when getting diagnosed many years ago. Keep in mind my these shit numbers took 125mcg to fix. Your numbers are amazing in comparison. My TPO antibodies were >6500 with a range of <60, which is insane.

1 Like

My Vitamin D is around 85. It was 18 last year.

All my minerals and vitamins are in good levels except for copper deficiency which i prolly fixed it by now. Just couldn’t test it yet.

Wow 125mcg fixed those levels and yet i have no change in how i feel after 2 weeks of Levo.

I will switch to NDT but i will have to ask you again… How do i make the switch? Come off levo and wait for couple of days before i switch?