Thug Workout: Is It a Scam?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Why does the one dude in one of those Thug videos keep saying ‘nigger’ constantly? I think he’s cracked out.

Anyway, since black men have higher testosterone levels than white or asian men, its easier for black men to acquire muscle mass and lean out (makes me wish I was black ;). So, being ripped and all from gymnastics should be pretty easy for those guys.

Some of the moves are pretty impressive, I might add.

Here’s a better video :smiley:

[/quote]

Stop making excuses. Genetics play a factor but not as much as you think.

To everyone ripping on this guy for his comment, I believe he is referring to a prior T-Nation article (I posted info below) that did state that blacks have higher T…“In the few studies that are available, blacks have a modest but significantly higher level of plasma testosterone (3-19%).”

Speed Demons
The Domination of Sport by Blacks
By Jose Antonio, PhD and Chris Street, MS

Here’s the link. http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459790

[quote]Professor X wrote:

If anything, it shows how many people are completely wasting their time with their gym memberships when they don’t even look like they lift weights years later.[/quote]

Man, that could be put up under strong words on the homepage

[quote]Hollandse Nieuwe wrote:
MuscleBear wrote:
Hollandse Nieuwe wrote:
MuscleBear wrote:
whats ffl? is it french foreign legion?

Actually, it’s Legion Etrangere

oh je l’aurais dis en francais mais j’etais pas sur que tu comprendrais.

so is it as tough as everyone says it is?murderers, rapists etc, can join up in there apparently.

Oui je comprend, et non, criminals cannot join that’s something from the past.
To compare me with a rapist is not very polite my friend.
And yes, tough is quite an understatement.
[/quote]

oh i am sorry mon ami, it was not my intention to offend. Thats just what my dad used to say about the legion etrangere. What type of routines did they put you through in there?

[quote]djwhizkid wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Why does the one dude in one of those Thug videos keep saying ‘nigger’ constantly? I think he’s cracked out.

Anyway, since black men have higher testosterone levels than white or asian men, its easier for black men to acquire muscle mass and lean out (makes me wish I was black ;). So, being ripped and all from gymnastics should be pretty easy for those guys.

what makes you think just being black gives you more test? im black and skinny than a mofo
[/quote]

Well, I could certainly be wrong, as I’m basing my conclusions on the PSA test which means Prostate Specific Antigen. What would be a VERY suspicious test result for a caucasian (and probably cancer for an Asian) would hardly raise an eyebrow if a black man had such a reading.

The good Prof would know more in this area. Maybe he can explain it.

[quote]ill wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I’ve read your political comments, now this. Makes me worry about the children you educate.

[/quote]

Why? I’m basing my conclusions on the PSA test. Black men appear to have higher test levels according to the test. How is that any sort of racism, if this is what you’re implying?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
ill wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I’ve read your political comments, now this. Makes me worry about the children you educate.

Why? I’m basing my conclusions on the PSA test. Black men appear to have higher test levels according to the test. How is that any sort of racism, if this is what you’re implying?

[/quote]

I personally didn’t call you a racist. I did make fun of you in a round about way because I know you type mostly just to get a response out of people. I got tired of that months back. I don’t disagree with you that on a large scale, black males may have higher testosterone levels. I do differ with you on how significant that truly is to most people.

The reason for that is hearing people talking about my genetics or the genetics of others gets tiresome. I have been told several things about my “genetics” from random people.

“You’ve always been big”

“Yeah, but, you just have big legs genetically”

“I bet you were always strong though”

…and so on.

If you look at someone like Mad Titan and think his “genetics” are what got him to the gym every single day, ate for him and made him look like that, you would be incorrect. Likewise, my “genetics” didn’t lift weights for me for several years or force meals down my throat, sometimes when I was already full.

“Genetics” may determine the rate at which someone develops, how quickly they can learn an exercise or become in tune with their bodies, or even just how large someone can become overall in terms of muscle mass…but “genetics” don’t do the work for you and most people look the way they do because they don’t know what hard work means, not because they are lacking so much genetically.

As far as those previous random statements, I was not always big, didn’t always have “big legs” (which are smaller than they should be to me), and wasn’t always that strong. Genetics just may be overhyped. That won’t stop them from being an excuse for why ‘that guy’ looks better than you though.

As for the people in that video, the only guy in that entire series (one who wasn’t shown in the two links given) who looks like he has “above average genetics” would be the trainer who gives a very decent overview of how to train and clearly isn’t as much “thug” as he is “literate”. The other guys looked pretty damn average and if you can’t get to that level with very minimal training, blame your will power before you blame mom and dad.

It almost looks like Boxe Francaise Savate at first untill he goes for the knees and stuff. I am starting to take that so, caught my eye

Headhunter wrote:
ill wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I personally didn’t call you a racist. I did make fun of you in a round about way because I know you type mostly just to get a response out of people. I got tired of that months back. I don’t disagree with you that on a large scale, black males may have higher testosterone levels. I do differ with you on how significant that truly is to most people.

The reason for that is hearing people talking about my genetics or the genetics of others gets tiresome. I have been told several things about my “genetics” from random people.

“You’ve always been big”

…and so on.

If you look at someone like Mad Titan and think his “genetics” are what got him to the gym every single day, ate for him and made him look like that, you would be incorrect. Likewise, my “genetics” didn’t lift weights for me for several years or force meals down my throat, sometimes when I was already full.

“Genetics” may determine the rate at which someone develops, how quickly they can learn an exercise or become in tune with their bodies, or even just how large someone can become overall in terms of muscle mass…but “genetics” don’t do the work for you and most people look the way they do because they don’t know what hard work means, not because they are lacking so much genetically.

As far as those previous random statements, I was not always big, didn’t always have “big legs” (which are smaller than they should be to me), and wasn’t always that strong. Genetics just may be overhyped. That won’t stop them from being an excuse for why ‘that guy’ looks better than you though.

As for the people in that video, the only guy in that entire series (one who wasn’t shown in the two links given) who looks like he has “above average genetics” would be the trainer who gives a very decent overview of how to train and clearly isn’t as much “thug” as he is “literate”. The other guys looked pretty damn average and if you can’t get to that level with very minimal training, blame your will power before you blame mom and dad.[/quote]

Hi Professor,

I know you didn’t infer rascism on my part.

I didn’t intend to start any sort of nonsense like this. I bow out of this thread; continue your discussion, gents.

A program of high volume and high frequency pull up and dips is no scam. It will give noticeable results.

As far as looking like the guys that are in the video no one can say.

Just because they demonstrate the exercise in that video doesn’t mean they haven’t had other training in the past contributing to their development. In other words they may not look much different than they did before training that way.

Most of them are very lean and that gives the illusion of larger development and they are obviously mega pumped from doing high rep sets.

A basic beginner bodybuilding or power lifting routine using weights will build muscle faster and offer much greater development in the long term.

Those guys are working hard at those pull ups and dips and in the end consistent, hard, and progressive effort is the most important factor to seeing results no matter what routine you use.

I think out of all of this we can all agree that this video…regardless of how “accurate” it is scientifically, etc etc…EVERYONE can exercise and get in shape…WHERE EVER and WHEN EVER they WANT. Basically, you just have to want it. If some kids with no equipment and no fancy gym with fancy machines, trainers, juice bars, drinks, etc etc can do it and get in decent shape, than so can “you.”

Who really cares if “they arent that big anyway…” I bet I can find a good majority of men that would kill to be in that shape. Its not as if the stuff they were doing was “easy.”

Either way you have it, thug routine, Waterbury routine, this, that…doesnt matter…people just need to get off their ass and do something.

I don’t disagree with you that on a large scale, black males may have higher testosterone levels. I do differ with you on how significant that truly is to most people.

“You’ve always been big”

…and so on.

As for the people in that video, the only guy in that entire series (one who wasn’t shown in the two links given) who looks like he has “above average genetics” would be the trainer who gives a very decent overview of how to train and clearly isn’t as much “thug” as he is “literate”. The other guys looked pretty damn average and if you can’t get to that level with very minimal training, blame your will power before you blame mom and dad.[/quote]

I agree genetics are overhyped.

Honestly, I don’t think you or Titan have superhuman genetics. I think you have been very disciplined and consistent in your training. What did mad titan say? he’s been lifting “consistently” for like 10 plus years?

Most people aren’t consistent and for that long.

I’m black and do have higher test but so what?, its not like its laying down muscle on me with just sitting there. When I got tested at doc’s office he asked if I was on steroids. I laughed.

I’ve always had naturally bigger legs and calves, but they aren’t like bodybuilder big nor or they in contest shape, so when people in the past have told me I have big legs I don’t pay much attention.

Like you always say X, consitent training and EATING is what gets it done.

I think race and genetics is ultimately a copout. I’m not saying anybody can be Jordan or Reggie Bush, but I think the majority of people on here can put on a great deal of muscle and get good progress with consistent hard work.