Thug Training

I was actually just noddin my head to the the song playin the background…pretty tight.

But ya…those guys are pretty friggin big. Im sure they “supplement” those BW exercises with hard heavy weights in the gym (sc)…but none the less still impressive…especially those pull up variations that one guy was doin…I got sore just lookin at him doin those.

And the yellow shorts guy did 55 FULL pushups without blinking…im usually dead after 20…lol

I heard he does 1 leg deadlifts on BOSU balls.

[quote]TheBige wrote:

I heard he does 1 leg deadlifts on BOSU balls. [/quote]

Son of a…

What about tempo? periodization? sets and reps? back off weeks? functionality? Obviously these guys don’t know jack about training. They’re just big because of they’re genetics, drugs and fried chicken.

j/k

Honestly, everytime I see, hear or read about people getting results from simple bodyweight exercises, it just makes me want to forget everything I know, and just go do chins, pushups and the like. It’s sometimes so easy to forget that hard work and consistency are essential for results.

Thanks for posting the links, I’ve been trying to get that workout tape from my friend for a while now but just haven’t got it yet.

‘Show some discipline, …’

That’s the key, isn’t it? Discipline. Hard work. And some ingenuity. Great results from limited equipment.

Particular respect to the guy in the first vid. with the monster pecs!

The first guy does know more than your average personal trainer.

I need to do some of those pullup to dip things, they look hard as fuck!

quad development here.

pelvic power lifting rules mkay.

The guy in the second vids mobility and fluidity are freakin amazing.

The narator from the first clip was awesome.

The old health for life weightless workout book listed the pullup to pressup as the most demanding upper body excercise. That guy was doing it with ease.

The guy in the second video was doing something similar to the HFL twisting momentum pullup when he did the pullup to his stomach. Then you have the bloods chillin in the background for effect.

It makes you realize what a joke, all those pussies who want to take weights away from prisoners are. Those guys are probably more dangerous than most weight lifters.

There was book a few years published in the UK about a prisioner named Charles Bronson or Charlie Bronson about his prision workout rountine. He did all bodyweight stuff and was suppose to be the biggest badass in the UK prision system. The guy allegedly knockout a cow with one punch. If you get chance check out his book.

I did bodyweight exercises solely for several periods of a few years. I had all the motivation and intensity I could muster. At times I’d do 500 push-ups and then go swim breast stroke for a 1/2 mile.

But I never had the size or strength I later developed as a result of lifting weights. I had a real hard time putting on mass with just bodyweight exercises. A few years and 40 pounds of LBM later, I feel much stronger with my weight workouts. And I can still do pushups, pullups, dips, etc. quite easily. But I definitely couldn’t lift big when I was doing bodyweight stuff.

You can twirl yourself around however you wish, but it still ends up being your bodyweight or less.

I have a feeling that genetics plays a big role with these guys. Get some chinese guys doing that stuff (or 1/2 chinese like me) and you’ll have a bunch of bruce lee-looking mofos running around.

“It’s all money, Dawg!!!”

Hijack: HOV’s avatar, that dude is one scary looking dude and border guards let him waltz right in to the good ol US of A even after confiscating a bloody chainsaw and home made swords. They had no knowledge of him decapitating an ederly man and stabbing his wife to death but look at the dude, he’s obviously loco!! Good job Mr Border Guard!!!

[quote]YGuy wrote:
“It’s all money, Dawg!!!”

Hijack: HOV’s avatar, that dude is one scary looking dude and border guards let him waltz right in to the good ol US of A even after confiscating a bloody chainsaw and home made swords. They had no knowledge of him decapitating an ederly man and stabbing his wife to death but look at the dude, he’s obviously loco!! Good job Mr Border Guard!!!
[/quote]

Dude was just doing his chainsaw and sword workout. It’s like sledgehammer work, but more functional.

Thanks for posting the videos. Great stuff!

[quote]BigHog wrote:
About the quad thing. I bet these guys may not train them directly but probably play b-ball, pick up football and stuff so they probably are pretty quick and can jump pretty high. [/quote]

and running from the cops.

[quote]halflife wrote:
BigHog wrote:
About the quad thing. I bet these guys may not train them directly but probably play b-ball, pick up football and stuff so they probably are pretty quick and can jump pretty high.

and running from the cops.[/quote]

That was, like, so original and stuff. I mean, they are black, use slang and lift weights.

That’s some impressive stuff.

The pushups and pullups are standard, but that “running man” deal takes practice I bet.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
toocul4u wrote:
this shit’s corny as hell

It is. The only one worth listening to at all is the first guy. He actually seemed to know a little bit about training. If they allowed him to host all of it and produce it better, they might actually be onto something. Still, it will probably make them a little change and appeal to a market that would normally never buy a training tape.[/quote]

I was thinking this myself. The 2nd guy was a complete moron and I got aggravated listening to him(although his feats were impressive). The 1st guy was sharp and could probably sell a bodyweight DVD series pretty well.

Ive seen the full video actually. Its got some good variation for upper body cali’s.

Unfortunately, im from the north of England and have no idea what the hell any of the fellas were saying, and although i like good old push ups i think hugging the nearest guy to me after repping out wouldnt go down to well.

The gloves are also totally pussy.

[quote]supermick wrote:
Ive seen the full video actually. Its got some good variation for upper body cali’s.

Unfortunately, im from the north of England and have no idea what the hell any of the fellas were saying, and although i like good old push ups i think hugging the nearest guy to me after repping out wouldnt go down to well.

The gloves are also totally pussy.

[/quote]

That’s funny. Most of it isn’t worth hearing anyway.

Although if you come to America ever, its very, very unwise to make fun of guys like this. Its unwise to even be in their neighborhood.