Throwing Up!

My god, I’ve been lucky all of my life and have never gotten food poisioning or a 24 hour stomach virus…that was until yesterday! It lasted from 6am to 2am the next day. I probably lost what I had in my stomach 15 times. It was borderline emergency room visit, but I toughed it out.

I can say I NEVER want to go through that again. On the positive side its one of the best ab workouts you will ever do! Luckily it was only one ended. Still not sure what it was though. It sucks because I had finals last week and took the week off from lifting now I am in no shape to lift tomorrow.

Hopefully the energy will be back soon so I can head back to the gym.

Any recommendations? So far I’ve seen Gatorade, to replenish the electrolytes and sugar to get my glucose back up. Anything anybody else can add? I have zero desire to have food right now but am trying. Just can probably take one bite before I feel ill.

About six years ago, I got the NORWAK virus on a school trip, I threw up untill nothing was left in me then I continued to go through the motions for the next three hours. I couldn’t keep anything down for another 8 hours after that. I found that once I could put somthing in and it would stay in all sport was sweet ambrosia. I don’t think they make all sport any more it was like gatorade but really lightly carbonated. Thats what helped me.

I dont have any reccommendations, other than ease back into eating normally.

I do know what you mean though, I lost 14 lbs this winter in 3 days due to the flu.

Man, you all lose weight, I get bronchitis in January (into February!) and I GAINED! That sucks! I don’t want to gain. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, gatorade is GOLD when puking rears it’s ugly head. Maybe try apples or something. When babies get sick they recommend the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast.

I aways recommend the burnt toast when people can’t keep anything down.

I don’t know where the hell it came from, but someone told me about it one time when I was sick as a dog and it worked for me.

Make sure there is a layer of black on it, don’t butter it. Eat a bite and see if it stays down… if so, repeat.

[quote]vroom wrote:
I aways recommend the burnt toast when people can’t keep anything down.

I don’t know where the hell it came from, but someone told me about it one time when I was sick as a dog and it worked for me.

Make sure there is a layer of black on it, don’t butter it. Eat a bite and see if it stays down… if so, repeat.[/quote]

Vroom stop fucking with them. LOL.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
My god, I’ve been lucky all of my life and have never gotten food poisioning or a 24 hour stomach virus…that was until yesterday! It lasted from 6am to 2am the next day. I probably lost what I had in my stomach 15 times. It was borderline emergency room visit, but I toughed it out.

I can say I NEVER want to go through that again. On the positive side its one of the best ab workouts you will ever do! Luckily it was only one ended. Still not sure what it was though. It sucks because I had finals last week and took the week off from lifting now I am in no shape to lift tomorrow.

Hopefully the energy will be back soon so I can head back to the gym.

Any recommendations? So far I’ve seen Gatorade, to replenish the electrolytes and sugar to get my glucose back up. Anything anybody else can add? I have zero desire to have food right now but am trying. Just can probably take one bite before I feel ill.[/quote]

Rest and fluids are what I reccommend. Last year I got some virus that had me going from both ends. I lost 7lbs in 24 hrs. Not fun, and not suggested. As for the gym, give it a week. You’ll thank yourself for the time off.