T Nation

Throwing Up while DLing with a Belt

So I like to wear my lever belt high during deadlifts, everytime I try and initiate my preworkout comes back up in my mouth. Is my belt on too tight, should I loosen it 1 notch.

[quote]spooy wrote:
So I like to wear my lever belt high during deadlifts, everytime I try and initiate my preworkout comes back up in my mouth. Is my belt on too tight, should I loosen it 1 notch.[/quote]

Sorry, but is that even a question?

Yes, yes you should probably loosen the belt. Or take your pretrainer earlier. Or lower the belt. Anything to stop puking into your mouth.

Puking in your mouth might be good for fatloss but probably isn’t doing your lifts or your gym floor any favours. I strongly recommend not doing it.

What pre workout are you taking? Some of them are revolting.
I tried that No Explode or whatever it’s called a few years back and I would always dry reach squatting or deadlifting.
Just awful. Had a few others that were equally as bad.

Then I tried Anaconda and no more dry reaching on leg day. That has now been replaced by Plazma but basically the same thing. Tastes great and no spewing.

For some reason I always had that problem when I would try to do high rep DB rows, combination of too much PWO and my tiny heart beating too fast.

The alternative is not giving a fuck and entering competitions with heavy deadlifts so that the promoter has the awkward task of employing people for cleaning up gallons of stomach juice.

I take preJYM, it’s pretty good I like it. LOL I’ll definitely loosen 1 notch, my friend told me last time I loosened 1 notch that it didn’t look tight enough and it should be that tight. Guess I’m not listening to them no more lol.