T Nation

Throwing Up - Low Carb Diet

I throw up when lifting weights sometimes. Would a low carb diet have anything to do with this?

Food to close to w/o bro. find something you can stomach or wait a bit longer post meal

Phill

[quote]nms33 wrote:
I throw up when lifting weights sometimes. Would a low carb diet have anything to do with this?[/quote]

If you are training properly, this should happen from time-to-time. I threw up this a.m. after running sprints. In fact, I ran one more sprint than usual as I had not yet reached my lactate threshold.

Anyhow, this was a very poorly formulated question. It did not give nearly enough detail.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
nms33 wrote:
I throw up when lifting weights sometimes. Would a low carb diet have anything to do with this?

If you are training properly, this should happen from time-to-time. I threw up this a.m. after running sprints. In fact, I ran one more sprint than usual as I had not yet reached my lactate threshold.

Anyhow, this was a very poorly formulated question. It did not give nearly enough detail. [/quote]

True I would have lost my cookies twice this past week training in the heat getting conditioned for my strongman comp this weekend if I would have had solid food near the time of training.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:

True I would have lost my cookies twice this past week training in the heat getting conditioned for my strongman comp this weekend if I would have had solid food near the time of training.

Phill [/quote]

What type of non solid food do you eat preworkout? Does acidic food play a factor?

[quote]nms33 wrote:
Does acidic food play a factor?[/quote]

Dude, you are way confused. Really. WTF is “acidic food” anyway? An orange is acidic (there is citric acid in it), but I don’t think that’s what you had in mind.

If you are physically throwing up food when training, don’t eat food. Drink protein powder or take BCAAs. Then you will just dry heave.

[quote]nms33 wrote:
Phill wrote:

True I would have lost my cookies twice this past week training in the heat getting conditioned for my strongman comp this weekend if I would have had solid food near the time of training.

Phill

What type of non solid food do you eat preworkout? Does acidic food play a factor?

[/quote]

I have either Surge or a simple few hundred calories of smarties candy they are dex and malto and water.

Phill

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
nms33 wrote:
Does acidic food play a factor?

Dude, you are way confused. Really. WTF is “acidic food” anyway? An orange is acidic (there is citric acid in it), but I don’t think that’s what you had in mind.

If you are physically throwing up food when training, don’t eat food. Drink protein powder or take BCAAs. Then you will just dry heave.[/quote]

An orange is exactly what I had in mind stupid. I heard that oranges can make you throw up.