Throwing Up Creatine/Protein Shakes

the first time i took creatine and protein after working out, i threw up. i followed the directions on the bottles, taking the creatine right after working out, then the protein mix 20 minutes later (along with a glass or 2 of water). they didnt taste too bad, but i ended up throwing them all up 10 minutes after finishing the protein mix.

am i doing something wrong? should i be eating to solid food with all this liquid? is it just because i am first using them both?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Dude, Jack Bauer would eat his own vomit. What’s wrong with you?

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Dude, Jack Bauer would eat his own vomit. What’s wrong with you?[/quote]

Yes because he is just that badass.

so…any real help?

whats your brand of creatin? Some of that stuff is best left drank at another time.

I use to get upset stomachs from working out a lot, started taking HCl supplements and stopped getting sick to my stomach.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Dude, Jack Bauer would eat his own vomit. What’s wrong with you?[/quote]

and then chuck norris comes along and eats Jack. more protein, ya know

Did you drink it all at once very quickly? My stomach doesn’t like it at all if I chug protein shakes. Probably would compound the problem if I wasn’t used to eating protein all the time.

It could be the creatine if it’s shitty maybe, I dunno.

sounds mental

[quote]honest wrote:
sounds mental[/quote]

Might be.

What brands/flavors of stuff are you using?

yes, give us brand names or something. maybe youre using crap/or has something added that is not agreeing with you

check it out, though, does it taste bad to you? some people need to get used to proteins shakes and such

also bump on the MENTAL. that could be preventing you from putting things into your body. make sure you feel comfortable yourself with the idea of gaining mass

finally, sometimes after hard workouts i have to drink my shake more slowly because my stomach is not yet prepared (because of sympathetic nervous system response) to accept food.

do some relaxation techniques maybe?

The human body has 3 main blood systems. One for your skeletal muscle, one for your central nervous system and one for your digestive system. Your central nervous system trumps both other systems in priority. The skeletal muscle system and digestive system then compete for blood supply.

It is my guess that if you may have simply drank the shake too fast before your skeletal muscles were ready to let go of the blood and wouldnt allow the shunt toward your digestive system and therefore, made you very sick to your stomach.

Unless you’re allergic to an ingredient in the shake, next time I would recommend drinking it a bit slower as well as sitting down and relaxing for a few minutes after you’re done with your workout before drinking it. My 2.

[quote]jackbauer wrote:
the first time i took creatine and protein after working out, i threw up.
[/quote]

Get a new hobby

thanks for all the responses, especially big aristotle.

i have been chugging them really fast to get it over with…i am going to guess thats a big part of the problem. i can deal with the taste of them no problem, i have been taking different types for the past couple months, trying to find the best one. i will try it again today and do it much slower and relax the whole time.

thanks again for all the help, greatly appreciated

alright, no throwing up today :slight_smile: i took it much slower and it must have worked. thanks very very much for all the great advice.

[quote]jackbauer wrote:
alright, no throwing up today :slight_smile: i took it much slower and it must have worked. thanks very very much for all the great advice.[/quote]

good, whats your brands?