Throwing Shoes for Lifting?

I currently have wrestling shoes to workout in; however, they’re beginning to wear out. What are your opinions are throwing shoes for lifting?

Depends what you are doing, I find them okay for squats with the bar down the back and sumo style deads but would not do cleans or OL style squatting, front squats etc.

For just walking round the gynm with very bright red or orange shoes they work great.

are throwing shoes flat?

[quote]fartmonkey64 wrote:
are throwing shoes flat? [/quote]

Any rotational shoe I’d imagine is pretty uncomfortable to workout in. they’re really rounded

I have deadlifted and squatted in VS rotational throwing shoes, my ASICS would be no different and although I have not lifted in my Nike Zoom Rotationals yet, I think for squats and deads they would be fine now as they are around 8 mths old and have a bald spot. If you have no experience of throwing shoes then I am guessing the Nikes would rule themselves out on cost. Also new they are wonderfully tight.

Also find them quite comfortable.

Thought is you were asking about using them you might already have them…

[quote]GMH454 wrote:
I have deadlifted and squatted in VS rotational throwing shoes, my ASICS would be no different and although I have not lifted in my Nike Zoom Rotationals yet, I think for squats and deads they would be fine now as they are around 8 mths old and have a bald spot. If you have no experience of throwing shoes then I am guessing the Nikes would rule themselves out on cost. Also new they are wonderfully tight.

Also find them quite comfortable.

Thought is you were asking about using them you might already have them…

[/quote]

You find those comfortable? I wore these for indoor hammer last year, http://www.footlocker.com/images/products/large_w/04852610_w.jpg

I could barely stand walking around in them.

[quote]js385787 wrote:

You find those comfortable? I wore these for indoor hammer last year, http://www.footlocker.com/images/products/large_w/04852610_w.jpg

I could barely stand walking around in them. [/quote]

Sigh, … I love them.

Yes when I first used them they felt like they were made out of wood. However they became very comfortable and supportive.

First workout with them I PBed with the 35lber by 33cms.

Problem was the more comfortable they became the less effective they were, and recently my technique suffered with my left foot turning flat not partly on the side. Checked the shoes and they now have a very defined edge, from the concrete sanding them that way.

Need a new pair, $300 out here, not a cheap sport.

When I finish with them I pass them onto a discus coach as they chew up the right foot not the left.

How far did you throw, and what weight was the implement.

and did you have fun.

[quote]GMH454 wrote:
js385787 wrote:

I could barely stand walking around in them.

Sigh, … I love them.

Yes when I first used them they felt like they were made out of wood. However they became very comfortable and supportive.

First workout with them I PBed with the 35lber by 33cms.

Problem was the more comfortable they became the less effective they were, and recently my technique suffered with my left foot turning flat not partly on the side. Checked the shoes and they now have a very defined edge, from the concrete sanding them that way.

Need a new pair, $300 out here, not a cheap sport.

When I finish with them I pass them onto a discus coach as they chew up the right foot not the left.

How far did you throw, and what weight was the implement.

and did you have fun.

[/quote]

I threw 35lb indoor weight for 2 seasons, picked it up randomly previous 2 years of uni. I was gong to continue with it, but I’m at a new school now that has no track team. Our coach had those nike’s and let me wear his for half of the season 2nd year, but I preferred a pair of soccer cleats that I ground and sanded the actual cleats off of. That made them nice and low to ground, flat, with little heel material to rotate easier. Only reason I used his, was b/c these eventually wore out and the sole started peeling off the left foot, and I was too cheap to buy actual throwing shoes myself.

I threw in the 15s, best was 15.75m. Not great, but actually quite competitive up here. Fun? hmm, it was ok, I enjoyed going on trips with team more than anything really.