T Nation

Threat to Rape Palin

Is this really the crowd we want running this country? And then there’s the threats that black people will riot if Obama loses! Jesus, America, where is your soul?!?

Sandra Bernhard issues ‘gang rape’ warning to Sarah Palin
BY TRACY MILLER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Friday, September 19th 2008, 12:58 PM

Sandra Bernhard issued a blistering warning to Sarah Palin during a performance of her new one-woman show.

The Republican V.P. nom would be “gang-raped by my big black brothers” if she enters Manhattan, Bernhard said. Palin is said to be making a campaign stop in New York next week.

“[The gang rape comment] is part of a much larger, nuanced, and yes, provocative (that’s what I do) piece from my show about racism, freedom, women’s rights and the extreme views of Governor Sarah Palin, a woman who doesn’t believe that other women should have the right to choose,” Bernhard told the Daily News today."

Black men will riot and rape if Obama loses:

"There’s not a lot of anger�??yet�??but you can start to sense the potential for it. “I’m going to be mad, real mad, if he doesn’t win,” says Daetwon Fisher, 21, a construction worker from Long Beach, Calif.

“Because for him to come this far and lose will be just shady and a slap in black people’s faces. I know there is already talk about protests and stuff if he loses, and I’m down for that.”

Unbelievable. I don’t recognize my country anymore.

Calm down.

Here, visit this site:

http://www.legatus.org/

Apparently black men in the US are just dying to rape white women if only they are given the chance?

There’s some very nasty rhetoric on the other side as well, like a guy yelling “Kill him!” while Palin was attacking Obama in a speech the other day. Disgusting, but on both sides.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
There’s some very nasty rhetoric on the other side as well, like a guy yelling “Kill him!” while Palin was attacking Obama in a speech the other day. Disgusting, but on both sides.[/quote]

You are actually comparing some unknown idiot in an audience to a well known public figure with national exposure?

COrrection - he’s comparing an unknown idiot in an audience with an established idiot in public circles.

Give it a rest - she’s trying to earn her money by making a controversial statement, no more no less. Think south park. If you can’t be funny, at least be “kick-ass”

[quote]The Mage wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
There’s some very nasty rhetoric on the other side as well, like a guy yelling “Kill him!” while Palin was attacking Obama in a speech the other day. Disgusting, but on both sides.

You are actually comparing some unknown idiot in an audience to a well known public figure with national exposure?[/quote]

I’m curious…Does this mean that a woman can’t choose to stand up against choice?

Are there any reports of anyone planning to rape and riot if Obama does win?

Just wondering…

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Are there any reports of anyone planning to rape and riot if Obama does win?

Just wondering…[/quote]

Who would report it? Surely not Newsweek and the New York Daily News.

[quote]The Mage wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:

You are actually comparing some unknown idiot in an audience to a well known public figure with national exposure?[/quote]

“Well known?” She’s like a Z list celebrity. I don’t really see much of a difference. Both disgusting.

people still believe that politics is about left vs. right, red vs. blue ?

then i guess the media has done its job well

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/10/mccain.crowd/index.html

" One member of the Palin audience in Jacksonville, Florida, Tuesday shouted out “treason.” And at another rally in the state Monday, Palin’s mention of the Obama-Ayers tie caused one member to yell out: “kill him” – though it was unclear if it was targeted at Obama or Ayers."

“Some audience members are openly hostile to members of the traveling press covering Palin; one crowd member hurled a racial epithet at an African-American member of the press in Clearwater, Florida, on Monday.”

A stupid comedian shooting her mouth off in an obvious publicity stunt is much less serious than these “rallies” where people can anonymously voice their racist, homicidal tendencies in a supportive atmosphere.

[quote]Demiajax wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/10/mccain.crowd/index.html[/quote]

Didn’t see anything wrong there, just some people that don’t like Obama because of his extreme liberal policy.

The news media is injecting a lot of this ridiculous “McCain is obviously a racist because random people that are in no way linked to his campaign, are using Obama’s middle name.” into this election, it is truly pathetic.

I really hope that people with an IQ higher than a fucking grapefruit will be able to see through this bullshit that the media is peddling as “journalism”.

[quote]Demiajax wrote:

" One member of the Palin audience in Jacksonville, Florida, Tuesday shouted out “treason.” And at another rally in the state Monday, Palin’s mention of the Obama-Ayers tie caused one member to yell out: “kill him” – though it was unclear if it was targeted at Obama or Ayers."

“Some audience members are openly hostile to members of the traveling press covering Palin; one crowd member hurled a racial epithet at an African-American member of the press in Clearwater, Florida, on Monday.”

A stupid comedian shooting her mouth off in an obvious publicity stunt is much less serious than these “rallies” where people can anonymously voice their racist, homicidal tendencies in a supportive atmosphere. [/quote]

I don’t understand how anyone can think that McCain and Palin are condoning racism because some people at their rallies are screaming out some stupid shit.

People scream out stupid shit all the time. I scream out stupid shit while I am driving in my car. Usually something like “Hey baby, why don’t you come take a ride in my love machine!”

The fact that the Obama campaign is using their surrogates in the news media to blatantly and openly lie to the public, and claim that McCain and Palin are racists, by using 3 second soundbites from 70 year old women is proof that the news media has sunk to an all time low in reporting.

What is even sadder is that people are actually believing this shit.

I never said that McCain and Palin were racists. I did say that their rallies were venues for such people.

The media is reporting what’s happening, in fact, if you actually read the article instead of pulling the liberal-media bogyman argument that I see on here everyday, it makes this point fairly explicit:

"McCain urged his supporters to be respectful of Obama.

“We want to fight and I will fight. But we will be respectful,” he said. “I admire Sen. Obama and his accomplishments. I will respect him and I want everyone to be respectful and let’s make sure we are.”

CNN contributor David Gergen, who has advised Democratic and Republican presidential administrations, said Thursday that the negative tone of these rallies is “incendiary” and could lead to violence."

In short, McCain and the conservative mud-slinging machine are unleashing something they can’t control. If your entire campaign policy is painting someone as “the other,” you are encouraging xenophobes and racists.

Maybe it wasn’t the intent, but it’s becoming increasingly obvious that it’s the result. Anyone with half a brain can realize that.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Demiajax wrote:

A stupid comedian shooting her mouth off in an obvious publicity stunt is much less serious than these “rallies” where people can anonymously voice their racist, homicidal tendencies in a supportive atmosphere.

I don’t understand how anyone can think that McCain and Palin are condoning racism because some people at their rallies are screaming out some stupid shit.

People scream out stupid shit all the time. I scream out stupid shit while I am driving in my car. Usually something like “Hey baby, why don’t you come take a ride in my love machine!”

The fact that the Obama campaign is using their surrogates in the news media to blatantly and openly lie to the public, and claim that McCain and Palin are racists, by using 3 second soundbites from 70 year old women is proof that the news media has sunk to an all time low in reporting.

What is even sadder is that people are actually believing this shit.[/quote]

It’s very hard for you to deal with cognitive dissonance isnt it?

Dont worry big guy–your team is good and their team is bad.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
“[The gang rape comment] is part of a much larger, nuanced, and yes, provocative (that’s what I do) piece from my show about racism, freedom, women’s rights and the extreme views of Governor Sarah Palin, a woman who doesn’t believe that other women should have the right to choose,” Bernhard told the Daily News today."

[/quote]

“Nuanced”?

[quote]Floortom wrote:

It’s very hard for you to deal with cognitive dissonance isnt it?

Dont worry big guy–your team is good and their team is bad.
[/quote]

Not sure what you are getting at there… You mean that McCain and Palin really ARE racists because CNN says so?

Don’t worry big guy, the TV never lies to you.

Well, on the flip side. McCain nee Palin have decided to align themselves with the skinheads and other truly mindless people. While he and most of the people around here will deny it, they are definately promoting hatred.

AP Associated Press
updated 2 hours, 59 minutes ago

LA CROSSE, Wis. - Some of the anger is getting raw at Republican rallies and John McCain is mostly letting it flare.

A sense of grievance spilling into rage has gripped some GOP events as McCain supporters see his presidential campaign lag against Barack Obama. They’re making it personal, against the Democrat.

Shouts of “traitor,” “terrorist,” “treason,” “liar,” and even “off with his head” have rung from the crowd at McCain and Sarah Palin rallies, and gone unchallenged by them.

Presidential candidates are accustomed to raucous rallies this close to Election Day and welcome the enthusiasm. But they are also traditionally monitors of sorts from the stage. Part of their job is to leaven proceedings if tempers run ragged and to rein in an out-of-bounds comment from the crowd

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Well, on the flip side. McCain nee Palin have decided to align themselves with the skinheads and other truly mindless people. While he and most of the people around here will deny it, they are definately promoting hatred.

AP Associated Press
updated 2 hours, 59 minutes ago

LA CROSSE, Wis. - Some of the anger is getting raw at Republican rallies and John McCain is mostly letting it flare.

A sense of grievance spilling into rage has gripped some GOP events as McCain supporters see his presidential campaign lag against Barack Obama. They’re making it personal, against the Democrat.

Shouts of “traitor,” “terrorist,” “treason,” “liar,” and even “off with his head” have rung from the crowd at McCain and Sarah Palin rallies, and gone unchallenged by them.

Presidential candidates are accustomed to raucous rallies this close to Election Day and welcome the enthusiasm. But they are also traditionally monitors of sorts from the stage. Part of their job is to leaven proceedings if tempers run ragged and to rein in an out-of-bounds comment from the crowd
[/quote]

I don’t think this was vetted very well. Mccain has hardly said anything bad about Obama, and he’s always congradulating him.
Oh by the way, even though I’m a conservative I want Mccain to win that way I have chance to start raping white women. I’m crossing my fingers.