Thoughts on Weight Gainers?

What do you guys think of weight gaining powders? I’ve been drinking whey protein shakes, but I just recently ran out, so I started looking at other supplements.

I don’t really know much about supplements, so I figured I’d ask the experts.

Other information that might be helpful- I’m 19 years old, 165 pounds and about 6’1 or 6’2.

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, Id rather make my own. Not too hard really and cheaper than buying bunk whey protein spiked with sugar. I find them to be rather overpriced. I’m no expert but I’ll tell ya that much. Don’t waste 45-70 bucks on a tub of that stuff. Buy a tub of whey and some whole foods instead. My two centavos

They’re almost always filled with garbage. I’d stick to whole foods.

-dizzle

cytogainer kicks ass.

Just eat more food

I bought N-Large(2) a while back, and it was a mistake. Tons of sugar and useless carbs; not the type to build a body with.

I sold it and started eating more.

That’s the whey to go. (see what I did there? so slick)

I used some GNC one. If you are desperate for calories they can work, but I only would reccomend them post workout because they are all fast carbs.

Buy waxy maize starch and add to whey protein and instantly you have something better than anything else on the market. Some ground oats in there wouldn’t go astray as well.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
cytogainer kicks ass.[/quote]

I used to think that too.

But making your own at home will be a better option than 75g of malto from Cytogainer :shrug:

[quote]eigieinhamr wrote:
Buy waxy maize starch and add to whey protein and instantly you have something better than anything else on the market. Some ground oats in there wouldn’t go astray as well.[/quote]

Doing this defeats the whole reason to use waxy maze in the first place.

Although it’s not technically a weight gainer, you can’t beat Metabolic Drive Complete mixed with milk and peanut butter. Plenty of high-quality calories and protein for growth.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
eigieinhamr wrote:
Buy waxy maize starch and add to whey protein and instantly you have something better than anything else on the market. Some ground oats in there wouldn’t go astray as well.

Doing this defeats the whole reason to use waxy maze in the first place.

Although it’s not technically a weight gainer, you can’t beat Metabolic Drive Complete mixed with milk and peanut butter. Plenty of high-quality calories and protein for growth.[/quote]

yup, toss in some yogurt or cottage cheese and some pecans and you’re hitting the 600-700 calorie range if you use some milk.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
cytogainer kicks ass.

But making your own at home will be a better option than 75g of malto from Cytogainer :shrug:[/quote]

but I don’t want to do that :). If I have to prepare something I would rather eat food. I drink cytogainer during school/or on my 15 minute break at work.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
cytogainer kicks ass.

But making your own at home will be a better option than 75g of malto from Cytogainer :shrug:

but I don’t want to do that :). If I have to prepare something I would rather eat food. I drink cytogainer during school/or on my 15 minute break at work.[/quote]

and I drink my shakes while at work too :smiley: just messin with ya

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
cytogainer kicks ass.

But making your own at home will be a better option than 75g of malto from Cytogainer :shrug:[/quote]

The only time I’d consume that much maltodextrin is PWO.