T Nation

Thoughts on Waterbury Method

I've read all 13 pages of this review and I have to say I do like it a lot. However I was wondering if I could get a more "seasoned" review from people that have tried this.

How useful is it to gaining size? Strength?

I have no doubt that this programs works well, but I guess I'm asking is does it work really well at getting size and strength?

It is here: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_waterbury_method&cr=

Like I said it was posted in 2004 and was wondering if the more seasoned people have tried it and what they thought.

I appreciate it anyone taking the time to read this an/or posting
-Rob

It is 30 days and a great program. Do it. Don’t worry what others think. Try for yourself and make your own decisions. The program is safe and effective in the general sense or it would not be on here. As to whether it works well for you, well write back in thirty days and let us know.
BTW, I have had excellent results with anything Waterbury so I do carry a bias.

I know what you mean, however I just want to make the best use of my time.

I’ve made mistakes where I will do something for say xx amounts of month(s) and in the end there was actually a better way

I appreciate the comment and thank you
-Rob

It worked very well for me being an ectomorph due to the high frequency. It added a lot of strength and some size, which is to be expected because of the lower rep ranges you are working in. This is a good thing because you probably need to focus on strength first. After a while of Total-body Training I suggest you switch over to upper/lower splits. It has worked wonders for me, I’ve put on 30 pounds in my 2 years of lifting at 8% body fat even through rugby injuries.

i do really like CW’s programs. however, dont make the mistake i made of doing them YEAR ROUND. it may work excellent for some doing that, but my gains stopped until i switched back and forth from total body training like he does to splits. definitely give it a shot.

I appreciate it, thank you guys for the responses
-Rob

Did it a couple of years ago and loved it. Think his programs are great, but once you’re a little more seasoned you’d be better served doing something more “advanced”. Will do it again at some point to give my body a break from going 'til failure.

Jimmy and White that is what I was looking for. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

-Rob

great program added about 5 lbs and did cardio on off days