T Nation

Thoughts on This Chest/Tri Workout

Just put this chest/tri workout together using a template from www.exrx.com and what to know what you guys think of it. My goal is strength and some gains in size.

–Chest–
Bench Press 5x8
Inclined Bench Press 5x8
Dumbbell Fly 5x8

–Deltiod (Front)–
Military Press/Behind Neck Press 5x8

–Tricep–
Skull Crusher 5x8
Dumbbell Kick Backs 5x8
or
Tricep Extensions 5x10

–Neck–
Neck Extension (Back) 2-3x10
Neck Flexion (Front) 2-3x10

–Chest–
Weighted Dips 6x4-6

Thanks
Kevin

Do this.

There is an error on that link, whats workout called and I’ll google it.

Thanks
Kevin

[quote]Keving14 wrote:
There is an error on that link, whats workout called and I’ll google it.

Thanks
Kevin[/quote]

Google :

“Guide Novice Barbell Training RIPPETOE”

[quote]Petrichor wrote:
Keving14 wrote:
There is an error on that link, whats workout called and I’ll google it.

Thanks
Kevin

Google :

“Guide Novice Barbell Training RIPPETOE”[/quote]

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
Petrichor wrote:
Keving14 wrote:
There is an error on that link, whats workout called and I’ll google it.

Thanks
Kevin

Google :

“Guide Novice Barbell Training RIPPETOE”


[/quote]

I posted this a dozen times, a few weeks back mods started deleting posts containing that specific link (and other links to external sites), so i stopped posting it.

I have absolutely no idea what i am supposed to be doing and what not =/

Why are people recommending Rippetoe when the guy is asking about a chest/tri workout?

Because he wants strength and size gains, and Rippetoe will give him better results then what he posted. Since this is the beginners forum, the assumption is that he has not lifted much, therefore a full body workout like Rippetoe’s will be a better approach then to isolate two muscle groups.

I have been lifting for a couple years, but it has been on and off since work hours, school, and some other stuff allows me the time and energy to lift. So beginner/intermediate level I would assume.

Anyway thanks for the help guys.

Kevin

I didn’t mention this, but thought many people would assume, this is part of a 3 day split push/pull/leg. Don’t think it changes the situation though.

[quote]Keving14 wrote:
I didn’t mention this, but thought many people would assume, this is part of a 3 day split push/pull/leg. Don’t think it changes the situation though.[/quote]

I think you missed the point. Too much isolation. NECK EXERCISES? I’m actually doing a push/pull/legs right now, and my push day looks like this:

BB Shoulder Press 4x6
DB Shoulder Press 3x10
DB Incline Press 2x15
Cuban Press 3x12

That’s it. Fits my goals. Two verticals, a horizontal, and some external rotation. My volume tends to be too high, so I’m cutting back right now. Why do more?