Thoughts on stretch marks

alright guys, many of us lift weights in order to look good. A problem arises however when we start to grow bigger and stronger and then our body turns on us by developing stretch marks. I’ve been training for about 4 years and over the last year i’ve used a variety of programs mentioned on T-Mag. Although these programs have been great for size/strength gains, I now have these
ugly stretch marks under my arms on my tris and upper lats. I’ve tried vitamin E
E and vitamin E pills, but these don’t seem to help. Anybody out there with a similar dillema and any ideas on how to get rid of or prevent stretch marks?

Try a skin lotion that contains alpha-hydroxy acids. This helps maintain skin elasticity, and helps to reduce the appearance of scars (which is basically what stretch marks are).

Twenty percent glycolic acid or Retin-A have both been shown to improve the appearance of scars. Vitamin E will have absolutely no effect; that it does is a myth which should have died long ago.

battle scars, lol

I think my stretch marks have mostly come, or atleast have gotten worse when I stretch a lot. I love to stretch. after every set. But when you stretch, you get more flexible, so next time you have to stretch a little farther, and so on. that’s where the problem is for me. when i stretch less, i notice the stretch marks diminish slightly, and they get noticebly worse when i stretch really hard.