Thoughts on Prohormones?

I’ve been reading these forums since I was 17, I’m 22 now and this is my first post.

I’ve been training seriously for over 3 years and am considering taking my training to the next level. I train in oly lifting, strongman, and powerlifting, basically strength athletics.

One thing I’ve really noticed is that no one seems to agree on whether ph are actually worth taking or not. From what I see people who take them, seem to like the results, and tho se who run test in their cycles, seem to think ph are stupid. The negative reviews I see on ph are from people who did not set up proper joint/liver support or run a good pct.

My question to you is, for someone in my situation, is running a ph cycle effective compared to running a test cycle? Assuming I have proper liver/joint/pct. I’m not really in a place right now where I can ask someone with experience, considering my peers (18-25 year olds) are for the most part, completely retarded.

Any opinions on/experiences with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Ive done 2 hdrol cycles with okay results. Hard to keep gains after though… If I had a choice it would def be AAS over PHs anyday.

When you say hard to keep the gains do you mean strength, size, or both?

hdrol is one of the ph I’ve been looking into taking, did you run proper support or ave any side effects?

u cant even compare ass to phs. ppl only use phs when they have no source for real aas in my opinion

PH’s don’t work, and 90% of them have a preferential conversion to Estrogens…

Laymens terms: You will piss away your gains within 1-2 weeks of coming off. Kinda like Anadrol solo.

-PTD

Thanks for the replies guys.

Anyone gonna vouch for PHs? Or is the general consensus that they’re shit?

And beefcakes, that does seem to be the case, the only reason I’m interested PHs is because I have an easy way to get them, would be almost impossible for me to get aas at this time. That is my goal eventually though.

[quote]xTheGinjaNinjax wrote:

And beefcakes, that does seem to be the case, the only reason I’m interested PHs is because I have an easy way to get them, would be almost impossible for me to get aas at this time. That is my goal eventually though.[/quote]

First what are your stats? height and weight? squat, bench, dead, clean, snatch etc.

Since you’re into strength athletics, are you training with anyone that has experience competing/training other to compete? Preferably 10+ years experience?

I have used ph’s some years ago but I was following more of a “bodybuilding split.” Did they work? Yes. I put on size and strength. Did I keep all of it? No. Did I have bad effects from it? Yes, my liver values went through the roof. I forget if it was AST or ALT was well about 200. My cholesterol was all fucked up and my blood pressure was high. This was from epistane at 40-60mg a day.

I took every “precaution” any ph user could tell you about. I took supplements for my blood pressure and liver. I also did a “proper” pct with serm and everything. Shit still got fucked up. Granted I seemed to have a bad reaction to epistane. The only time I had blood draw on cycle was epistane and it’s because I felt like shit. I took h-drol and p-plex and felt great. But that’s not to say my blood test wouldn’t have come back the same if I had done tests while on those cycles.

about 1.5 years ago I started lifting with a group of guys that have been powerlifting for a long time, some of which are lifetime drug free lifters. Some of these drug free guys have been to USAPL nationals, IPF worlds etc.

In my opinion, at 22 if you’re not lifting with people who have years under the bar your time right now is better spent finding a gym where you can learn from people like that. In a year an a half I’m bigger and stronger than I’ve ever been, and I’ve done it “drug free.”

Once you’ve got a solid base of guys to work with and you’ve been training with them for a while you can revisit the steroid issue. Like many people here will probably tell you AAS is the way to go if you’re going to use hormones, and I agree. I’m certainly not “anti-steroid” by any means, I just don’t use them for a variety of reasons. If you want to use them, use them properly and keep tabs on your health (eg regular dr visits). Honestly, if you’re a powerlifter what good is a 4-6 week cycle of h-drol going to do for you if you plan on doing a 8+ week training cycle?

Oh, and don’t be a douche and use steroids and then compete in a “drug free” fed.

BULLET POINTS:
-At 22 find experience training partners/coach
-PH < AAS

[quote]thehooliganmel wrote:

[quote]xTheGinjaNinjax wrote:

And beefcakes, that does seem to be the case, the only reason I’m interested PHs is because I have an easy way to get them, would be almost impossible for me to get aas at this time. That is my goal eventually though.[/quote]

First what are your stats? height and weight? squat, bench, dead, clean, snatch etc.

Since you’re into strength athletics, are you training with anyone that has experience competing/training other to compete? Preferably 10+ years experience?

I have used ph’s some years ago but I was following more of a “bodybuilding split.” Did they work? Yes. I put on size and strength. Did I keep all of it? No. Did I have bad effects from it? Yes, my liver values went through the roof. I forget if it was AST or ALT was well about 200. My cholesterol was all fucked up and my blood pressure was high. This was from epistane at 40-60mg a day.

I took every “precaution” any ph user could tell you about. I took supplements for my blood pressure and liver. I also did a “proper” pct with serm and everything. Shit still got fucked up. Granted I seemed to have a bad reaction to epistane. The only time I had blood draw on cycle was epistane and it’s because I felt like shit. I took h-drol and p-plex and felt great. But that’s not to say my blood test wouldn’t have come back the same if I had done tests while on those cycles.

about 1.5 years ago I started lifting with a group of guys that have been powerlifting for a long time, some of which are lifetime drug free lifters. Some of these drug free guys have been to USAPL nationals, IPF worlds etc.

In my opinion, at 22 if you’re not lifting with people who have years under the bar your time right now is better spent finding a gym where you can learn from people like that. In a year an a half I’m bigger and stronger than I’ve ever been, and I’ve done it “drug free.”

Once you’ve got a solid base of guys to work with and you’ve been training with them for a while you can revisit the steroid issue. Like many people here will probably tell you AAS is the way to go if you’re going to use hormones, and I agree. I’m certainly not “anti-steroid” by any means, I just don’t use them for a variety of reasons. If you want to use them, use them properly and keep tabs on your health (eg regular dr visits). Honestly, if you’re a powerlifter what good is a 4-6 week cycle of h-drol going to do for you if you plan on doing a 8+ week training cycle?

Oh, and don’t be a douche and use steroids and then compete in a “drug free” fed.

BULLET POINTS:
-At 22 find experience training partners/coach
-PH < AAS[/quote]

Stats:

6’2"
I fluctuate between 225-235lbs.
Squat (High bar oly): 187kg.
Bench: No idea, haven’t benched in about 6 months because I’m focusing on my Oly training for a comp. Last time I maxed it was 305lbs
Deadlift: Again, no idea, my oly program doesn’t call for maxing deads. Last max was 445 about 8 months ago.
Snatch: 112kg
C&J: 140kg, 145kg with a press out.

I used to train with elite athletes, from about 20-22 I was working at an S&C gym as a coach/trainer. I got to work with national level oly lifters, national level powerlifters, and a few professional athletes. Many of whom I assumed used aas.

A few months ago I decided to branch off and get my own career going. I came to a really small school to finish my degree. The gym is sub par and there are zero elite athletes or strength gyms in the area. I’m working on getting a garage gym going to train some football players and wrestlers, but that’s a ways away.

I think my best bet seems to be to train natural for a couple more years until I can get some better athletes around me.

Thanks for the post by the way, that helped a lot.