Thoughts on Pre-Meet AAS

For the first time in my life I have a meet to look forward to. Not an actual sanctioned powerlifting meet but more of a challenge between two lifting partners. My lifting partner of about 5 years and I have been talking some shit lately and finally decided that this winter we were going to have a 2 man deadlift/squat/bench contest. My friend is about 10 years older than me and was quite strong back in the day, and finally I think between him losing some strength and myself gaining some I feel I can challenge him.

Anyway, I have read about some people using substances such as methyltestosterone and halotestin before meets to increase overall performance. I personally have never tried those drugs as I understand the sides to be heavy and the gains to be unkeepable. I know of one very strong powerlifter in my gym that claims he eats halos like skittles the day of a meet. But this guy also does shit that I would never do.

So what I am looking for is actual first hand knowledge of what these or any other drugs that would fit my cause are capable of. I understand that the gains are momentary, but are they actually there. Take note that at the time of the comp I will be right in the middle to end of a test/deca/drol cycle.

Several concerns that have prevented me from using these types of drugs to this day are:

1. obviously very harsh on the body, liver especially.

2. possible injury due to sudden increase in intensity

3. wasting money due to temporary gains

4. it is not easy to source methyltest or halos compared to test/deca etc.

I don’t think very many PLers still do those types of drugs. Most guys at my gym keep it pretty simple, like the cycle you have planned. My only suggestion would be to put the drol at the end, where it can do the most good.

I know one guy who uses drol during the last few hard weeks of training, then drops it until the meet. After he weighs in, he hammers it (I don’t know how much that is, but I’d guess 100-200 mg for just the one day).

Cheque drops?

2the… great thread, I cant input any first hand knowledge as yet, but I will be reading with interest…

I am pretty confident that the strength/aggression from halo is real enough… albeit fleeting. However, IMO MANY strength-type drugs effects dont last… even the strength from Trenbolone is known to not last a whole deal longer than the cycle… with only small fractions being kept.

I don’t think thousands of PL and BB over the years can be so wrong… I personally would luu-uu-hurve to try halo…(and will when i compete) but also gonna use it when I finally give in to my genetics and start killing people.

I kid, i kid…

:wink:

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
Get yourself an epipen and inject a shot of adrenaline before each lift.

Never tried it,but would dearly like to.[/quote]

I’m not sure if the massive headache from it would be worth it, or end in a overall enhanced performance effect?

Also the nausea should be a bit detrimental. People like Anthony Roberts and others that say they have used them are probably lying, though possible that the ones crazy enough to try them don’t experience the effects that 99% of the population experiences? Talk with some Nurses, EMT’s, someone who’s used one, etc. before you try it.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
Several concerns that have prevented me from using these types of drugs to this day are:

4. it is not easy to source methyltest or halos compared to test/deca etc. [/quote]

5. They’re a lot less harsh than people think, not saying they not hard, but not to the rediculous extent they are credited with. Cheque Drops may be a different story.

6. Strong possiblility, but you will be trained prior to the event, so the sudden increase should not be too much. Really Methyl-Test and Halo are far better for an increase in aggression, which will transfer to strength, but not on the level of Tren or Anadrol.

7. You won’t be experiencing any gains if you only use the prior to a meet. They will not cause any direct gains anyway, but indirectly through an increase in aggression and slight increase in strength - they will increase performance and training leading to a greater training effect and greater gains from your other compounds.

8. True, much harder to source, mostly because of demand - they just don’t offer much more than aggression and some fullness from the Halo. Methyl-DHT is usually easier to find, and offer’s similar effects; also known as Methyl-Masteron or Methyl-Rage. Methyl-Tren has become easier to find, I wander what it would be like?

For the meet that you are talking about, I would honestly just use standard-type compounds and train for it. Tren is great and can be used right up to the meet, Anadrol for me is the best over absolutely anything (halo included) for strength and you might consider using it as a finish of sorts, or at least a couple weeks before and up to the meet.

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
Get yourself an epipen and inject a shot of adrenaline before each lift.

Never tried it,but would dearly like to.[/quote]

I would have to learn a bit more about this drug before I trusted myself to use it properly. I will research but I am not sure were to get an epipen aside from a doctors prescription.

Good thought though, I hadn’t really considered that method until now.

[quote]Whoa! wrote:
I don’t think very many PLers still do those types of drugs. Most guys at my gym keep it pretty simple, like the cycle you have planned. My only suggestion would be to put the drol at the end, where it can do the most good.

I know one guy who uses drol during the last few hard weeks of training, then drops it until the meet. After he weighs in, he hammers it (I don’t know how much that is, but I’d guess 100-200 mg for just the one day).[/quote]

I actually could probably run drol for the first three weeks and also the last 3 weeks of the cycle. But I don’t have an exact date yet so I would have to alter my cycle as I go.

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
Cheque drops?[/quote]

I have heard of but know very little about. Have you used them before?

[quote] Brook wrote:
2the… great thread, I cant input any first hand knowledge as yet, but I will be reading with interest…

I am pretty confident that the strength/aggression from halo is real enough… albeit fleeting. However, IMO MANY strength-type drugs effects dont last… even the strength from Trenbolone is known to not last a whole deal longer than the cycle… with only small fractions being kept.

I don’t think thousands of PL and BB over the years can be so wrong… I personally would luu-uu-hurve to try halo…(and will when i compete) but also gonna use it when I finally give in to my genetics and start killing people.

I kid, i kid…

;)[/quote]

The mention of tren makes me think. Even though I am not including tren in my cycle I do have some ace on hand. Perhaps I could run a descent dose of ace for a couple weeks before I lift.

[quote]TheBeat2 wrote:
2thepain wrote:

4. it is not easy to source methyltest or halos compared to test/deca etc.

5. They’re a lot less harsh than people think, not saying they not hard, but not to the rediculous extent they are credited with. Cheque Drops may be a different story.

6. Strong possiblility, but you will be trained prior to the event, so the sudden increase should not be too much. Really Methyl-Test and Halo are far better for an increase in aggression, which will transfer to strength, but not on the level of Tren or Anadrol.

7. You won’t be experiencing any gains if you only use the prior to a meet. They will not cause any direct gains anyway, but indirectly through an increase in aggression and slight increase in strength - they will increase performance and training leading to a greater training effect and greater gains from your other compounds.

8. True, much harder to source, mostly because of demand - they just don’t offer much more than aggression and some fullness from the Halo. Methyl-DHT is usually easier to find, and offer’s similar effects; also known as Methyl-Masteron or Methyl-Rage. Methyl-Tren has become easier to find, I wander what it would be like?

For the meet that you are talking about, I would honestly just use standard-type compounds and train for it. Tren is great and can be used right up to the meet, Anadrol for me is the best over absolutely anything (halo included) for strength and you might consider using it as a finish of sorts, or at least a couple weeks before and up to the meet.

[/quote]

Good insight, thanks for sharing. Methyl-tren is something that I need to read up on. I remember hearing it is very potent but alo very toxic. With a short duration of use and proper supplementation I could probably avoid the toxic sides.

Isn’t being on cycle enough? or even if you are off…isnt having used before enough? Don’t you want to know you REALLY did it…your performance was your performance without something like halo etc? Just my opinion…and not a moral one…I don’t morally oppose steroids…I’m just saying…for me if i even take a stim before training and hit a PR…I feel like I slighted myself.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
Dave_ wrote:
Cheque drops?

I have heard of but know very little about. Have you used them before?[/quote]

This is the stuff that Mike Tyson was allegedly using when he bit off that chap’s ear. Very high Androgenic score IIRC, taken sublingually (just a couple of drops). I have read that it is THE most potent AAS g/g. Not the easiest thing to get, but I would love to try some.

[quote]facko wrote:
Isn’t being on cycle enough? or even if you are off…isnt having used before enough? Don’t you want to know you REALLY did it…your performance was your performance without something like halo etc?

Just my opinion…and not a moral one…I don’t morally oppose steroids…I’m just saying…for me if i even take a stim before training and hit a PR…I feel like I slighted myself.[/quote]

I see your point, and I have thought about it before. More so before I ever used AAS. I felt bad that I was cheating to get more of what I wanted. But then I realized that I didn’t want to settle for what my genetic potenial enabled me to have. That is how I justified AAS use.

The preworkout AAS thing is really do different. True, I may not always be capable of the numbers that I put up on that day but it was still my body moving the weight. A PR is a PR. I am fine with that.

Now using bench shirts and squat suits is still a line that I have not crossed, not because it is wrong or incorrect but becuase in my mind my body is not doing the work.

And besides, if this is more about winning your friendly competition anyway, then you want all you can get, am I right?

I hear cheque drops are INCREDIBLY side ridden. Word from some competitive PLers is that while a few might now really see any sides, the majority get nausea, headaches and other stuff. Dunno firsthand obviously, just reporting on what the guys around me have said. Consensus is that it works though, if you can handle the rapid onset sides.

This is a WAG, as I don’t know the composition of the stuff, but it seems to me that the sides should be due primarily to a) impurities in the synthesis process that stayed with the ‘final’ product and/or b) the solvent system used for the cheque drops is somehow toxic in its own right.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
And besides, if this is more about winning your friendly competition anyway, then you want all you can get, am I right?

I hear cheque drops are INCREDIBLY side ridden. Word from some competitive PLers is that while a few might now really see any sides, the majority get nausea, headaches and other stuff. Dunno firsthand obviously, just reporting on what the guys around me have said. Consensus is that it works though, if you can handle the rapid onset sides.

This is a WAG, as I don’t know the composition of the stuff, but it seems to me that the sides should be due primarily to a) impurities in the synthesis process that stayed with the ‘final’ product and/or b) the solvent system used for the cheque drops is somehow toxic in its own right.[/quote]

This is good to know. Many profiles I have read on cheque drops have stated heavy sides but nothing in respect to actual sides. Also this is the only drug (besides the epipen) in which I know 0 people personally who have taken it. Out of all the previously mentioned methods these are probably last on my list of things to try.

I’m not a powerlifter but thought it worth mentioning, in this context, that BY FAR the biggest androgen rush I’ve ever experienced was with transdermal application of trenbolone acetate from the very first inadvertent experiment that ultimately led to Androsol.

Back in those days, as I had the means and was pretty obsessive compulsive about such things and hadn’t yet determined that it was overkill, I didn’t use any simple method of making TA injectables from Fina, but isolated and recrystallized, with several recrystallizations, the TA.

I now know that my method was more difficult than necessary, and even if one were going to follow the general approach, the first step – dissolving everything into a very small amount of chloroform, and then adding to a large volume of hexane – was a bad idea (though convenient as the first step) as it put binder into the solution whereas, had I simply had the patience to stir overnight into hexane at say 46 C, probably virtually none of the binder would have gone into solution.

Anyway, that’s neither here nor there, but explains why the recrystallization process resulted in left over material that was still rich in TA but was nasty due to having lots of binder. So while the final product, used for the injections, was nice canary-yellow powder, there was also a quite signnificant amount of unfit-for-injection brown powder.

But why waste it? I thought.

I had no particular expectations of high transdermal delivery, but surely some would get through. So I dissolved some amount – unmeasured, but quite a lot, certainly at least hundreds of milligrams – into acetone and then applied onto my forearms. Nowhere else, just forearms, as I was dressed in a short sleeve shirt and long pants at the time.

DAMN!!!

Never got an androgen rush like that before or since. For comparison, as an example I’ve used 150 mg/day injectable TA plus 300 mg/day Anadrol so it’s not that I haven’t had substantial levels of psychoactive androgens. But this was way more.

The later-developed Androsol method (called Finasol when used for TA) is more efficient and better, and I generally recommened formulating that at 25 mg/mL and using 70 sprays over the entire body very lightly misted.

It’s not that, in this case, more than that cannot go through the skin – it can – but more than that tends to be sticky and that is unpleasant while dressed, and wasteful too as some or even much product will transfer to clothing.

But for a PL meet that would be of no particular importance.

Using Finasol but say at 50 mg/mL and furthermore applied at say 140 sprays, I expect would give a hell of a rush, though I haven’t tried it as when formulating Finasol, my goal was something appropriate for longer-term use. But the extreme dose might be very interesting for PL’ing.