Thoughts on Planning PCT

Here’s my 20 cents…regarding the use of HCG

Reviewing the science one can learn that a faster and more complete recovery is possible if hCG is ran during a cycle.
The latest guidelines and recommendations indicate the benefit of using HCG during the cycle (when steroids are administered) and when LH levels rapidly decline. The absence of an LH signal from the pituitary causes the testes to stop producing testosterone, which causes rapid onset of testicular degeneration. The testicular degeneration begins with a reduction of leydig cell volume, and is then followed by rapid reductions in intra-testicular testosterone (ITT) and other factors for proper testicular function and testosterone production (peroxisomes, and Insulin-like factor 3 (INSL3))

What is the fastest possible time to come to a reduction in the secretion of LH?, one might ask

My research came to the data that LH levels are rapidly decreased by the 2nd day of steroid administration. By shutting down the LH signal and allowing the testis to be non-functional over a 12-16 week period, leydig cell volume decreases 90%, ITT decreases 94%, INSL3 decreases 95%, while the capacity to secrete testosterone decreases as much as 98%. (looks terrible when you’re just writing about it)

The leydig cells, which are the primary sites of testosterone secretion, only make up about 10% of the total testicular volume so visually analyzing testes size is a poor method of judging your actual testicular function.

Some old studies described cases where really large amounts of HCG (dosages as high as 10,000iu E3D for 12 weeks) were administrated during post cycle (actually after a very long cycles) in patients with previously established decreased testosterone secretion capacity/ testicular sensitivity caused by steroid use. Case studies showed that were unable to return full testicular size.
However, one must take into account the fact that at that time were not known AIs, nor the application ant the effects of SERMs was quite understandable.

I suppose it is not desirable to be too comprehensive, so in continue I’ll set out the most important guidelines:

• 100iu HCG administered everyday is enough to preserve full testicular function and ITT levels, without causing desensitization typically associated with higher doses of hCG. (Based on studies with normal men using steroids)

• It is important that low-dose hCG is started before testicular sensitivity is reduced, which appears to rapidly manifest within the first 2-3 weeks of steroid use.

• The athlete must discontinue the hCG before he starts Post-Cycle-Therapy so his leydig cells are given a chance to re-sensitize to his body’s own LH production.

• An optimal dose of hCG during the cycle would be 250iu every 4 days, or as a less desirable alternative, once a week shot of 500iu. (To remeber - half-life of hCG is 3-4 days, while the half-life of LH is only 1-2 hours.)

Note: If following the on cycle hCG protocol, hCG should NOT be used for pct.

• For preservation of testicular sensitivity, use 250iu every 4 days starting 14 days after your first AAS dose.

• At the end of the cycle, drop the hCG two weeks before the AAS clear the system. For example, you would drop hCG about the same time as your last Testosterone Enanthate shot.

• Minor atrophy is quickly reversed with proper Post Cycle Therapy.

For better and more detailed understanding of this matter I can recommend studies of Dr. Crisler . An exact link to the HCG paper is below:

Best regards

1 Like