T Nation

Thoughts on Pain & Gain

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=As9nYDFchdQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAs9nYDFchdQ

Two weeks ago, I had the misfortune of watching the trailer of this action-packed-bodybuiding fiasco titled Pain & Gain. It’s starring Mark Wahlberg, and The Rock who both are always in bad ass shape! But involves A couple of greased up bbers who are broke,and wind up extorting some wealthy businessman (Kovacs, is that you?). From the trailer, my prediction is this movie’ll do the same thing that F & F did to import racing- fuckit all up! The’re a scene were, a buddy of Marky Mark was ‘fucked up’ from AAS at a Dr’s office first thing I thought of was those late 80’s PSA. Another scene is when Mark is doing triceps extentsions at his kitchen table while making a protein shake. Really? I’ll watch this movie but I expect alot of bad sterotypes. Whats your thoughts?

WHat?!?! this movie looks actually pretty funny, hey nothing wrong with poking fun at what we do as BBers. Also this should be in Off topic.

I mean come on did you not laugh when Marky mark was like “I gotta get that pump”

Bad stereotypes aside, the trailer looks like a bad parody of a movie that was actually good (that is not a compliment).

Basically, it looks terrible.

But I will be first in line to see it! haha

From the guy that directed the ‘Transformers’ movies…

I think Michael Bay will tackle the subject with his usual nuance and grace. I expect the subject of steroids will be depicted realistically and factually, and we here on T-Nation will applaud him for it. The characters will be relatable and have some depth, the narrative shall be engaging with an unexpected twist or two, there shall be no unnecessary dick or masturbation jokes and nary an object will explode without due cause.

Nevertheless, I will not be watching.

I’m concerned with the preservation of our sub-culture of ours. You know what Hollywood does to things that it doesn’t fully understand? Sink it’s teeth into and mangle it, shred it apart. Just like motorcycle gangs catching it from Sons of Anarchy, I’veseen locally groups ride around with SOA Jackets! GTFOH! I anticipate 20/20 expose on the ‘dangers of bodybuilding’ as well as n00b gym goers rockin’ their Pain & Gain movie medchandise Y backs and fanny packs on a leg day near you.

They made Marks character look like he’s the kind of guy to snort lines of JACK3D off a broken toilet and tie off with BCAAs! Although, we know people like this, its our secret… Shhhh…lol

I was looking forward to seeing this when I heard about it but that looks awful IMO, vtballa spot on that it looks like a parody of something better. If they’re going for a jokey take on it then fair enough it actually looks quite funny, but it’s not so its a giant cringe-fest.

I don’t think this will do the reputation of bodybuilding any favours.

Must go, I’ve gotta get THA PUMP doing tri extensions while drinking my protein shake, not too much though, that shit’ll mess you UP

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:
They made Marks character look like he’s the kind of guy to snort lines of JACK3D off a broken toilet and tie off with BCAAs! Although, we know people like this, its our secret… Shhhh…lol
[/quote]

I actually know some guys who really did snort fat burners. They were at a party and ran out of drugs.

I see this movie being like a newer version of “Bad Boys.”

Over the top action with quite a bit of comedy added in for fun.

I’m looking forward to seeing it. I love the rock and marky mark. Hate micheal bay though.

Eh.

I’ll wait until it’s on Netflix.

I love bad movies. This will be one of them.

[quote]gregron wrote:
I see this movie being like a newer version of “Bad Boys.”

Over the top action with quite a bit of comedy added in for fun.

I’m looking forward to seeing it. I love the rock and marky mark. Hate micheal bay though.[/quote]
I love The Rock and happy he’s not washed up. Big fan of Marky Mark as well but, when I catch Micheal bay, I’m stomp him out like a Bulgarian Prime Ministry Cabinet.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Eh.

I’ll wait until it’s on Netflix. [/quote]
No brother! Wait until it hits Wal-Mart bargin bin attached to 4 forgetful Steven Segal movies…

You sound like one of those crazy religious folk who starts crying when someone makes a joke about their beliefs.

Anyway, it looks all right so as Iron Dwarf says, “I’ll wait until it’s on Netflix”

[quote]Vir wrote:
You sound like one of those crazy religious folk who starts crying when someone makes a joke about their beliefs.

Anyway, it looks all right so as Iron Dwarf says, “I’ll wait until it’s on Netflix”[/quote]
Extreme? No I’m not quite ready to strap on a vest. Anything you love getting banged up by people who may not have your best interest at mind u have to shake your head abit. If this movie was made by Weider Media it’ll be ok, but being made byMichael Bay whose research was something along the lines of, steroids, y-backs, curls. Check check and check.

Personally I don’t give a damn what anyone thinks of bodybuilding. I do it for myself and my own body.

[quote]Aopocetx wrote:
Personally I don’t give a damn what anyone thinks of bodybuilding. I do it for myself and my own body.[/quote]
Doing it for oneself is all that matters truthfully :slight_smile:

now more clowns who dont even lift are gonna show up to my gym

great

can’t wait, when is it coming out?