T Nation

Thoughts on Old Bloodwork Before I get New Bloodwork

edited to add more info per ksmans comment

Waiting on getting some new bloodwork results from a more holistic doc that seems to be reasonable and I might be able to get on TRT to help some issues I’ve been having. Thought I’d post my old numbers I got awhile back to see if anyone had any thoughts on what I should expect from when I receive the new numbers, and best options to try to pursue with him. Or what people think is going on.

FSH 4.4 range: 1.6 - 8
LH 5.5 range 1.5 - 9.3
Prolactin 8.2 range: 2 - 18
TT 461 range: 245 - 1836
FT 9.9 range: 12.4 - 40

These were taken when I was 24.

Note I had gotten another one after this from a different lab, that showed TT at around 300 and both low FT and BT.

We need lab ranges as these vary from lab to lab. FT especially.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Age?

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
prolactin
CBC
hematocrit
AST/ALT - lay off training for a few days, do not have sore muscles
fasting glucose
fasting cholesterol - can be too low
PSA if over 40
TSH

There is a strong focus on thyroid issues here because so many who come here have some thyroid/iodine issues. Thyroid hormone fT3 regulates mitochondria that make ATP, the universal currency of cellular energy, as part of the body’s temperature control loop. Oral body temperatures are a good window into thyroid function and you can check temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Iodized salt is very important.

Labs are mixed re primary VS secondary.

edited above post to include ranges and age when taken.

i did read through a couple of those posts but i’ll go through all of them. thanks.

TT VS FT suggests that SHBG may be elevated leading to more T+SHBG or T+SHBG is not been cleared adequately. E2 [estradiol] is a critical factor in SHBG levels.

At age 24, the focus should be on a diagnostic effort to find the cause of low T to see if its something that can be fixed. If TRT is needed, then you need a protocol to preserver fertility and injected hCG is the best option for that. Note that thyroid can affect every system in your body and your T levels.