Thoughts on Nutrition for the Overtrained

I know “overtraining” is a very overused.

I am/was in fact over-trained. I finally forced myself to take some time off when I hurt a rib, and was overtrained/rundown and injured. Not terribly bright.

In any case I’m just curious on people’s thoughts on what should happen to my nutrition over a 2-3 week period where I’ll be taking it pretty easy. Part of me thinks “Hey, I’m not doing much, I should really cut back on my calories.” The other parts says “You’re overtrained, sick and hurt, you should eating as though you’re still training until your body bounces back, and then you’re actually training hard again.”

A little background, I’m between fights. Got a little short of three months until the next one, so putting on weight isn’t the worst thing in the world, but I’d rather have an extra couple pounds to lose.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Protein pulsing. MAG-10 is the best, though any CH will work for a few weeks.

I’d also suggest Power Drive, it really helps the CNS, then just keep carbs slightly higher.

Just my opinion.

Lots of good quality meats and vegetables, especially dark greens. No stimulants whatsoever. You should also decrease volume and or intensity of your training. This is if you are actually overtrained and not just being a pussy.

read this article also:

neptune krill oil, good vitamin b complex

[quote]Michael Crehan wrote:
Lots of good quality meats and vegetables, especially dark greens. No stimulants whatsoever. You should also decrease volume and or intensity of your training. This is if you are actually overtrained and not just being a pussy.

read this article also:

Great post, I totally forgot to mention that article.