Thoughts on New Supplements List

Coach Thibs,

I pm'd you yesterday but figured I might as well post in the forums for others to read too.  I have been working out my whole life and never really had a hard time gaining strenth or building muscle.  For the past 6 months I've been doing the P90X workout from Beach Body and taking a creatine/glucose blend with whey protein to condition my body.  

I didn’t really follow the diet guidelines which explained why the cutting wasn’t as effective, but still gained muscle mass and strength. This past month I took off to research all the supplements out there and ran into David Barr’s supplement studies which landed me here. Through his research I have accumulated a list of supplements I want to take with the program for another 3 months before starting the I, bodybuilder program.

So I’m looking for some thoughts on the list of supplements to see if some should be replaced with others or taken at different times, etc…Here’s the list:

8:00 am - 5 grams fish oil
2 HOT-ROX Extreme
1 Green Tea extract capsule

2:00 pm - 2 HOT-ROX Extreme
5 grams fish oil

1hour pre-W - 2 grams caffeine
1 Green Tea Extract capsule

POW - Surge Recovery in 1L of water with Vitargo and Biotest Creatine

80 min POW - Surge Recovery

105 min POW - High Protein & Carb Meal

Thanks for any thoughts or advice,
Matthys

Is this serious?

2 grams caffeine before workouts… don’t think so…

[quote]Matthys333 wrote:
Coach Thibs,

I pm'd you yesterday but figured I might as well post in the forums for others to read too.  I have been working out my whole life and never really had a hard time gaining strenth or building muscle.  For the past 6 months I've been doing the P90X workout from Beach Body and taking a creatine/glucose blend with whey protein to condition my body.  

I didn’t really follow the diet guidelines which explained why the cutting wasn’t as effective, but still gained muscle mass and strength. This past month I took off to research all the supplements out there and ran into David Barr’s supplement studies which landed me here. Through his research I have accumulated a list of supplements I want to take with the program for another 3 months before starting the I, bodybuilder program.

So I’m looking for some thoughts on the list of supplements to see if some should be replaced with others or taken at different times, etc…Here’s the list:

2 HOT-ROX Extreme

5 grams fish oil

Matthys[/quote]

Try replacing caffeine with Taurine OR Beta-Alanine.

[quote]Eric Buratty wrote:

[quote]Matthys333 wrote:
Coach Thibs,

2 HOT-ROX Extreme

5 grams fish oil

Matthys[/quote]

Try replacing caffeine with Taurine OR Beta-Alanine. [/quote]

Actually I’d be careful with that. Taurine can actually be a neural inhibitor in many people.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Actually I’d be careful with that. Taurine can actually be a neural inhibitor in many people.
[/quote]

Really? Thanks for pointing that out; I will have to look into it some more.

[quote]Matthys333 wrote:
2 HOT-ROX Extreme

5 grams fish oil

1 Green Tea Extract capsule[/quote]
With all that caffeine you’ll seriously impair your insulin sensitivity.
And it’d be better to take your fish oil tabs with solid meals.