Thoughts On My Situation

Hello everyone, I have read the stickies and found some useful information but not everything was covered.
This is my situation, Warning wall of text
19 yrs old
5’8’’
140 lbs
31 inch waist
body hair is existent, cant grow full bread but shave 3 times a week
carry fat in stomach, lost about 30 lbs from 1-1-16 to about 5-1-16 and have stabilized since
started feeling the symptoms of low t since my weight loss almost two years ago. Low energy, low libido, brain fog etc, so I went to doctor and he had bloods tested in late May 2016 which i will post below
Weight loss diet was extreme in a way, intake was about 1800 calories but not near starvation and I have been eating at about 2200 since then to try and get T levels up
erections are hard to come by, rarely get them
here are my bloods
May 20, 2016
Testosterone, Total, Lc/Ms 176.6 348.0-1197.0 ng/dL

June 15,2016
Testosterone, Serum (Total) 18 Low ng/dL 02
Reference Range: Adult Males >18 years 348 - 1197
% Free Testosterone (Dialysis)
1.3 Low % 02 Reference Range: Adult Males: 1.5 - 3.2
Free Testosterone, Serum 2.3 Low pg/mL 02 Reference Range: Adult Males: 52 - 280
Follicle Stimulating Hormone 3.5 mIU/mL 02 Reference Range: Adult Males (20 - 50y): 2.0 - 9.2
Prolactin, Serum (ICMA) 4.6 ng/mL 02 Reference Range: Children and Adult Males: 3 - 18
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 37.2 nmol/L 02 Reference Range: Pubertal: 16.0 - 100.0 20 - 49y: 16.5 - 55.9 >49y: 19.3 - 76.4
Luteinizing Hormone, Pediatric Luteinizing Hormone (LH) ECL 0.335 mIU/mL 02 Reference Range:
Adult Males: 1.5 - 9

June 30th 2016
T4,FREE 0.59 NG/DL 0.50-1.26 Final
TESTOSTERONE,TOTAL 32 L Final Notes: Reference range: 300 to 1080Unit: ng/dL (not a typo is was 32)
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 41 Final Reference range: 11 to 80Unit: nmol/L
FSH 4.4 MIU/ML Final Reference Range MALES(13-70 YEARS) 1.4-18.1
TSH 2.900 UIU/ML 0.340-5.600 Final
LH 1.9 MIU/ML Final MALES: 20-70 YEARS 1.5-9.3

The endocrinologist tried giving me 1.5IU of HCG every other day for a week and tested bloods again
TESTOSTERONE,TOTAL 904 Final Reference range: 300 to 1080Unit: ng/dL
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 31 Final Reference range: 11 to 80Unit: nmol/L
T4,FREE 0.66 NG/DL 0.50-1.26 Final
TSH 3.220 UIU/ML 0.340-5.600 Final

Another round of bloods was issued to see if the HCG restarted me July 30 2016
TESTOSTERONE,TOTAL 243 L Final Reference range: 300 to 1080Unit: ng/dL
TSH 2.890 UIU/ML 0.340-5.600 Final
LH 1.2 MIU/ML Final 20-70 YEARS 1.5-9.3
T4,FREE 0.67 NG/DL 0.50-1.26 Final

Then one more time
September 07 2016
TESTOSTERONE,TOTAL 263 L Final 300 to 1080Unit: ng/dL
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 37 Final Reference range: 11 to 80Unit: nmol/L
LH 1.5 MIU/ML Final 1.5-9.3
FSH 3RD GEN ULTRASEN 6.0 Final Reference range: 1.5 to 12.4Unit: IU/L
T4,FREE 0.64 NG/DL 0.50-1.26 Final

That is all that I have in regards to bloods. My doctor prescribed 100 MG of Test Enanthate every 3 weeks which from what I understand is a bad idea. Before I start TRT does anyone think there is any chance I could get my levels back up to normal ? and also how do I convince my doctor to also give me HCG and have injections every week at 50-100mg?
Thanks

You could try again, but your restart was not completely successful. Typically people are using a combo of HCG and Nolvadex for the restart. Read the stickies on that. At your age I would avoid TRT as long as possible. It could mess up fertility for future etc. If you must go on TRT you need to find a doc that will prescribe you 100mg/wk to start with an AI and HCG. If they don’t, find another.

What stickies did you read?

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • HPTA restart
  • finding a TRT doc

hCG proved that your testes work, but hCG alone is not a restart as it is HPTA repressive.

TSH should be closer to 1.0
fT4 is well below midrange
Have you not been using iodized salt to support your thyroid?
Do you get cold easily?
Outer eyebrows sparse?

Check oral body temperatures to eval overall thyroid function as per the thyroid basics sticky.

T+hCG will protect fertility quite well.

Your pituitary could be damaged from a blow to the head or whip lash. Anything like that happen? Pituitary can be checked via MRI.

You have days of reading to do. Please respond re thyroid issues ASAP.

I read through them all and here is my explanation for each one.
MRI was done to my brain no tumor.
As per the HPTA restart my issue is getting my endo to go along with it, he tried to restart using HCG and it did not work.
I liberally use iodized salt on all my meals for that exact reason.
I do get cold easily but no symptoms such as falling out hair, brittle finger nails etc.
My main issue here is that I feel like dog crap and want to begin to feel better but as it is said on this forum most doctors dont know what they are doing.

yes understood but would doctor be willing to prescribe Nova is my issue.

Try a men’s clinic or anti aging clinic if your Endo won’t help

Most endo’s are very disappointing. One does not have to hit on all known hypo symptoms to have a diagnostic conclusion.

I do think my t3 and T4 levels have more to do with it than anything.

I often need to beg for iodine and body temperature info.

iodine intake is adequate I can assure that, I have been gathering body temp info for the past few days, waiting for at least 4 days worth of results before I post.

OK, took morning temperature and not once was it above 97.

Are you avoiding eating, drinking, talking, exercise etc for some time before taking temperatures? Easy early in AM. But also need to see mid-afternoon temperatures. Also good to see if someone else can hit 98.6F to have confidence in the thermometer. Many thermometers are mass produced junk that can indicate a fever but do are not accurate for our purposes.

Outer eyebrows sparse?
Do you get sore muscles easily?
Muscle pain when you do high effort or heavy weight?
Any medications?
Other health or medical issues?
Digestive issues?
Food sensitivities or allergies?

Yes I am avoiding all those things mentioned before my temp taking. My mid after noon temps are the following. 98.6 98.9 98.7, therefore the thermometer is effective, I believe.
Outer eyebrows sparse? No
Do you get sore muscles easily? No, but they do get sore occasionally but I lift
Muscle pain when you do high effort or heavy weight? no
Any medications? no, other than TRT
Other health or medical issues? No
Digestive issues? No
Food sensitivities or allergies? None

Thyroid seems to be regulating your metabolism OK, but TSH is high for some reason. Your temperature is low in AM but gets normal in the afternoon. So a mixed result.

Hopefully not a minor thyroid autoimmune issue.

fT3 is unknown

I see the endo this week, I will ask to have t3 measured.