Thoughts on My Protein Shake

Lol at the op and this thread

I’m not necessarily debating because I don’t respect people’s opinions here. Sometimes I’ll argue a point just to see what the other side has to say. That way, I can learn whether my position is correct or not. I’ll often take sides on stuff, even if I don’t necessarily believe in it, and argue with someone to see what their counter arguments are. After that I’ll reassess things and may even totally drop my side. I’m actually leaning towards that here…I don’t see any big benefit to the soy…I just didn’t think having it was a huge deal either.

Sorry, I just don’t follow what people tell me blindly. I like to challenge people’s opinions…especially those who know more than me, because that way I can learn, but I guess I’m coming across as someone who thinks he knows everything. I ain’t really like that. I know I don’t know shit about lifting since I’ve accomplished nothing much in this area.

Since I’m annoying everyone with my tactics I’ll try and listen more and not argue so much. Having said all that…I think I’ll just stick to a meal post workout. What should I do pre-workout then?

Can I ask you what your rationale is for choosing each of the many ingredients you list in your shake? Out of curiousity, are you vegan?

[quote]Digity wrote:
I’m not necessarily debating because I don’t respect people’s opinions here. Sometimes I’ll argue a point just to see what the other side has to say. That way, I can learn whether my position is correct or not. I’ll often take sides on stuff, even if I don’t necessarily believe in it, and argue with someone to see what their counter arguments are. After that I’ll reassess things and may even totally drop my side. I’m actually leaning towards that here…I don’t see any big benefit to the soy…I just didn’t think having it was a huge deal either.

Sorry, I just don’t follow what people tell me blindly. I like to challenge people’s opinions…especially those who know more than me, because that way I can learn, but I guess I’m coming across as someone who thinks he knows everything. I ain’t really like that. I know I don’t know shit about lifting since I’ve accomplished nothing much in this area.

Since I’m annoying everyone with my tactics I’ll try and listen more and not argue so much. Having said all that…I think I’ll just stick to a meal post workout. What should I do pre-workout then?
[/quote]

I’m glad you posted this b/c I was thinking about it on my drive home yesterday. I do the very exact thing you do and it rubs some people the wrong way. There is so much contradicting information out there, you shouldn’t feel bad for challenging.

[quote]kgildner wrote:
Can I ask you what your rationale is for choosing each of the many ingredients you list in your shake? Out of curiousity, are you vegan? [/quote]
No, I’m not vegan, but I don’t like to eat too much meat. I tried a whey powder once and got rushed to the hospital due to an allergic reaction. I have problems drinking milk too. I think I’m allergic to whey or something.

The rationale behind this drink is that it’s suppose to be a “gainer” drink. Just cram in a bunch of calories since I want to start bulking. I thought it’d be good to consume after I workout, since I usually want something quick then.

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

[quote]Digity wrote:

[/quote]

I’m glad you posted this b/c I was thinking about it on my drive home yesterday. I do the very exact thing you do and it rubs some people the wrong way. There is so much contradicting information out there, you shouldn’t feel bad for challenging. [/quote]

No, I don’t feel bad for challenging. I get along best with people who like to be challenged. Although, I rub some people the wrong way, because I tend to question everything and don’t care who you are. Even if you’re an expert I’ll still be questioning what you’re saying until I’m personally convinced that you know what you’re talking about. Maybe I need to learn to use more tact with how I challenge/question others.

[quote]Digity wrote:
I’ll often take sides on stuff, even if I don’t necessarily believe in it, and argue with someone to see what their counter arguments are.[/quote]
I’m pretty sure saying certain things and being contradictory just to elicit a reaction is basically trolling, not debating. You might’ve thought you were being intellectually-challenging or playing devil’s advocate, but in both of your threads, you absolutely did come across as fingers-in-ears-lalalala-“I wanna do what I wanna do regardless of what everyone is telling me”.

I have no problem whatsoever explaining my points or backing up claims or advice I’m offering, but you playing this kind of game makes me feel like I was manipulated into wasting a fair amount of my time.

Saying something as simple as “I don’t really understand that, because I thought ‘XYZ’” would’ve been a more productive (not to mention respectful) way to draw out more detailed answers.

Best of luck with your training and nutrition.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Digity wrote:
I’ll often take sides on stuff, even if I don’t necessarily believe in it, and argue with someone to see what their counter arguments are.[/quote]
I’m pretty sure saying certain things and being contradictory just to elicit a reaction is basically trolling, not debating. You might’ve thought you were being intellectually-challenging or playing devil’s advocate, but in both of your threads, you absolutely did come across as fingers-in-ears-lalalala-“I wanna do what I wanna do regardless of what everyone is telling me”.

I have no problem whatsoever explaining my points or backing up claims or advice I’m offering, but you playing this kind of game makes me feel like I was manipulated into wasting a fair amount of my time.

Saying something as simple as “I don’t really understand that, because I thought ‘XYZ’” would’ve been a more productive (not to mention respectful) way to draw out more detailed answers.

Best of luck with your training and nutrition.[/quote]

Best post in this thread. Perfectly put.

Thread closed.

[quote]ParagonA wrote:

[quote]Digity wrote:

Best post in this thread. Perfectly put.

Thread closed.[/quote]

He’s clearly a young kid who has a sense of entitlement.

[quote]Digity wrote:

Okay, my bad then. I am listening to the advice…despite how I’ve come across. I do appreciate the advice and you’re not wasting your time on me, because I do want to learn and I’m being sincere about that. Not trying to be a troll…although, I see what you’re saying.