Thoughts on my Full Body Routine

Hey guys, ive been lifting in the gym now for about 2 months on an upper/lower split hitting each day twice a week and did a lot of stuff at home before with dumbbells and stuff like chin ups.

But now I read a lot and i think that hitting each muscle group 3 times a week is superior for me atm and frequency is better than volume (the stuff with protein synthesis upped for 48h and all that stuff) and id really enjoy doing it as well, so i decided to try a 3 times per week full body routine.
I came up with some own ideas after researching a lot and my current ideas look like this:

Day 1:
4x5 Squats
3x5 Bench Press
4x5 Bent Over Row (underhand)
3x5 Overhead Press

Day 2:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Deadlifts
4x5 Bench Press
3x Chin-Ups

Day 3:
4x5 Squats
3x5 Overhead Press
4x5 Bent Over Row (overhand)
3x5 Bench Press

and still really week with like a 135 squat for 5 reps and like 120 bench or so (have been working on my form mostly for the last time and stretching/mobilty work as fk for even be able to do bodyweight squats because i think was the tightest and posture wise most fked up person on the universe :D, but i can go slightly below parallel now), and ill try and use the progressive overload principle a la starting strength and try to add some weight to the bar each or every 2nd workout.

Any tips/thoughts/suggestions on this? i would do some abs/core work as well after the mainlifts i think and maybe some calves, not sure yet. im 18 years old btw.

Thx guys :slight_smile:

The main formula for full body training is

1 leg movement
1 upper body pull
1 upper body push.

You have more pushes than pull and the type of variety that doesn’t matter.

A better way to set it up would be

Day 1
Squats 3-5x4-8
Bench 3-5x4-8
Row 3-5x4-8

Day 2
Deadlift 3-5x4-8
Press 3-5x4-8
Chin up 3-5x4-8

I typed “Full Body Routine” into the search bar in the upper right and 100+ results came back.

Here is the first article: (Which has no less than 3 programs in it)

If you don’t know enough to make your own program without asking for validation use an existing program.

Look up texas method, similar but better laid out

well, i know routines like starting strength and stuff, but i think they are a bit too powerlifting style for my purposes.
and i know i have 1 more push than pull in there, i just feel like id like to do all 3 parts of upper body on each day to hit it with the same frequency: shoulders, back and chest. maybe up rows/chins to 5 sets and do 3 sets of bench and overhead press? and im not quite sure deadlifts can replace squats as a lower body movement, from wat i know they are 2 completely different movements patterns: quad and hip extension dominant ones with the center of gravity on completely different places (yes, i read shit loads of stuff about movement analysis and sht :D).

so can i just replace squats with deadlifts for one day? and should i maybe still do like 2 sets of arms/calves isolations at the end of each workout, although i know big compounds should be the first priority.

well, i know routines like starting strength and stuff, but i think they are a bit too powerlifting style for my purposes.
and i know i have 1 more push than pull in there, i just feel like id like to do all 3 parts of upper body on each day to hit it with the same frequency: shoulders, back and chest. maybe up rows/chins to 5 sets and do 3 sets of bench and overhead press? and im not quite sure deadlifts can replace squats as a lower body movement, from wat i know they are 2 completely different movements patterns: quad and hip extension dominant ones with the center of gravity on completely different places (yes, i read shit loads of stuff about movement analysis and sht :D).

so can i just replace squats with deadlifts for one day? and should i maybe still do like 2 sets of arms/calves isolations at the end of each workout, although i know big compounds should be the first priority.

EDIT: i think i will just stronglifts 5x5 at first for a while, program definitely sounds solid and should give me some strenght fundamentals in the first place :slight_smile: