Thoughts on Deadlift Technique

strong lifts. keep up the good work

Try to drive that lower back to arch a little harder. Other than that I’m very impressed by your bar speed. I mean you’re taking weights pretty close to my 1rm and just ripping them off the floor. Good work man!

Very strong… good work man. Care to share with us your deadlift routine?

i actually just do Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 with the Boring But Big assistance option, which is 5 sets of 10 reps with about 60%ish after your done with your main sets if you haven’t done it…but really, i only picked up straight bar deadlifting again about 3 months ago. i was play to play football at my school, so we trained with the hex bar, but it was sporadic. We didn’t do it much. Honestly, in my opinion, one of the best things to get your deadlift up from experience is taking it easy on the deadlift from time to time because it really fries your central nervous system. If you’ve been at it constantly for a few years it might be a good idea to take some time off and devote extra time to squats (and variations of squats), or even variations of deadlifts like sumos, rack pulls, and all that. i’ve also had good results with doing deadlifts for reps for a few weeks to change it up…like sets of 8 to 10…but that’s just me. With that said I know a little about training but i’m not at all going to try to fool you into thinking im some kind of expert. I just work my ass off and listen to guys bigger and stronger than me like Jim Wendler, Dave Tate, and Louie Simmons. Always approach everything with an open mind and never be afraid to admit you may be doing things wrong, that’s the first step towards fixing them. Too many novice “lifters” thing they know it all which is their downfall. They’re too arrogant and prideful to listen to anything anyone says, and they wonder why all the bigger stronger guys got where they did. Anyways this is the longest most unnecessary answer ever, and for that i apologize. Oh, I’ve done the Westside template before too which helps all big lifts a lot.

that was supposed to say “i used to play football at my school” ************

The straps hate is fucking retarded here. The only time I don’t use straps is in competition. I just pulled 584 at a bodyweight of 180 at my last meet, with plenty more in the tank. I’ve also pulled an 8 second deadlift of the same weight with grip not being an issue in the slightest. I train my grip with captains of crush grippers, and can close a 2.5 for a few reps, and I train my deadlift to train my deadlift.

Folks need to get it out of their head that every training session is a competition.