T Nation

Thoughts on CT's Destroying Fat

Currently, I am 6'0 222lbs and am overall looking to lower my body fat percentage and maintain the muscle I currenlty have. I've been an athlete all my life playing football and am looking to shed that extra fat around my stomach.

Recently, I finished Chad Waterbury's TBT program and just completed his Waterbury Method program. I've been reading a lot on T-Nation and like what I see. I was thinking of doing CT's Destroying Fat workout next to help me trim down. I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts/experience w/ on it first.

Here are my current stats:
Squat - 450 (3 reps)
Deadlift - 405 (3 reps)
Bench - 335 (3 reps)
Overhead Press - 225 (3 reps)

Diet:
Weight Training Days: 2700-2900 calories (500 caloric deficit)
Non Training/Cardio Days: 2400-2600 calories (750 caloric deficit)

Breakfast (7am): 1 cup Oatmeal w/ 1 scoop Whey and 1 cup skim milk, 1 tblsp Natty PB, 2 pieces turkey sausage
Snack (10am): 1 can tuna, 1 string cheese, handful of unsalted mixed nuts
Lunch (Noon): Either chicken or lean beef and broccoli
Snack (3pm): Vyo-Pro Bar (200 calories, 7g Fat, 20g Protein, 24g Carbs, NO SUGAR ADDED)
PreWO: (1 scoop ISO-Whey, 10g Creatine, 1/2 scoop Ignition)
PWO: (2 scoops ISO-Whey, 1 scoop Ignition, 20g Glutamine)
Dinner (7:45pm): Either Fish, chicken, or lean beef with vegetables
Snack (10pm): 1 yogurt w/ unsalted mixed nuts, 1 tblsp Natty PB

Supplements:
Fish Oil capsules, BCAA's, Whey protein, Glutamine, Creatine, Ignition

Thanks!

Your diet looks pretty good, but I would steer clear of most protein bars. In my experience they're loaded with a bunch of processed junk.

As far as the Program goes, the lactic acid days are a total bitch. The program worked very well for me for about the first two weeks or so and then I plateaud real hard, but looking back I think it was because of my diet. I did however go from about 11%BF to 9%BF in 6 weeks.

My advice would be to give 100% every workout, it won't work if you half-ass anything. I would also recommend taking a cheat meal once a week.

Good Luck.

-dizzle

The dip should help to control your appetite.

IceVixen has a great thread going where she has logged doing this program leading up to her first figure contest (this weekend). You might want to check it out

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1691779

Great! Thanks for the help. I'll be sure to check it out!

Have you also read CT's Refined Physique Transformation article http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1615551

Combining the info in that article and Destroying Fat, I have made good progress. The latic sessions are a great workout, start with lower weights then you think you can do.