Thoughts on Avoiding Nitrates?

I was wondering about Nitrate. Currently i’m eating cheese.salami,bacon on the AD.
Cheeses would be Gouda,Feta,Brie. What would this actually mean in terms of staying healty and not creating any form of cancer? Looking for Nitrate free cheese already looks way more difficult and dangerous (is raw cheese nitrate free?) than looking for grassfed meat and maybe making my own bacon.

I read that consuming large amounts of Vitamine C and antioxidants could slow down or prevent nitrates being converted into nitrite and Nitrosamines.( Got to stop smoking) Plus i’m a stomach patient for a long time and taking meds for reducing stomach acid lol… Does anybody has some tips about Nitrate free cheese and some replacements for Salami etc…

For many years I had followed up consuming nitrate foods with big doses of vitamin C.

Now I only consume non-nitrate cured foods. Look in the refrigerated organic section of your grocery store. I buy a particular bacon that tastes amazing, and it contains no nitrates. Same with hot dogs and sausage. Go with all natural or organic brands processed without nitrates / nitites.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
For many years I had followed up consuming nitrate foods with big doses of vitamin C.

Now I only consume non-nitrate cured foods. Look in the refrigerated organic section of your grocery store. I buy a particular bacon that tastes amazing, and it contains no nitrates. Same with hot dogs and sausage. Go with all natural or organic brands processed without nitrates / nitites.
[/quote]
Yeah i was looking for i but can’t really find it here because its just a small town. What kind of cheeses are you consuming?

[quote]Webseeker wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]
Yeah i was looking for i but can’t really find it here because its just a small town. What kind of cheeses are you consuming?[/quote]

Actually, I’m not really eating cheese. Never liked it much. I do, however like a good spread cheddar that I spread onto corn chips.

Theres a strong correlation between nitrates/ites and stomach cancer, and not a ton of scientific evidence to suggest that high doses of vitamin c counterbalances it.

I will say that if youre consuming a significant amount of nitrates/ites to make sure youre getting a ton of fiber in your diet (reduces the time that it takes for this stuff to go through your digestive system, thus reducing exposure to carcinogens), and definitely make sure you keep up on your colonoscopys often enough when you get older.

Cuz if you look at the data people in Japan (large amount of nitrates/ites pickled/smoked foods) they got a much higher rate of stomach cancer.

I couldnt tell ya shit about the cheeses (since im very lactose intolerant I dont give a shit about dairy), but theres tons of alternatives to the meats. Either find nitrate free meats, or just go for alternative meats that you can use for w.e (ie tuna, chicken turkey etc)

Eitherway be smart if youre going heavy on this stuff, the cancer concern is completely legit

Be wary of ‘naturally’ smoked foods that claim to have no nitrates added. Most of them use concentrations of naturally occurring nitrates to get away with the claim but the nitrates are still there. For example, cultured celery extract is commonly used but it’s the same.

In Canada I think it might even be law that most or all processed meat and cheese contain nitrates to prevent botulism so if the packaging is saying it has no nitrates they are likely playing word games. I think it’s in the USDA safety guidelines to use it too. And if you think about it, it probably should be there when you think of the dangers of a meat plant contaminated. We just shouldn’t be eating that much of it IMO and opt for cooking your own meat.

[quote]dcm1602 wrote:
Theres a strong correlation between nitrates/ites and stomach cancer, and not a ton of scientific evidence to suggest that high doses of vitamin c counterbalances it.

I will say that if youre consuming a significant amount of nitrates/ites to make sure youre getting a ton of fiber in your diet (reduces the time that it takes for this stuff to go through your digestive system, thus reducing exposure to carcinogens), and definitely make sure you keep up on your colonoscopys often enough when you get older.

Cuz if you look at the data people in Japan (large amount of nitrates/ites pickled/smoked foods) they got a much higher rate of stomach cancer.

I couldnt tell ya shit about the cheeses (since im very lactose intolerant I dont give a shit about dairy), but theres tons of alternatives to the meats. Either find nitrate free meats, or just go for alternative meats that you can use for w.e (ie tuna, chicken turkey etc)

Eitherway be smart if youre going heavy on this stuff, the cancer concern is completely legit [/quote]

Thanx for the comments. I don’t know if what i’m eating is going heavy on the stuff,i’m eating 4 or 5 slices of bacon eachy day, 50 till 70 grams of salami, i let may wife make my pork sausages,feta,gouda,brie. Not more than 150 grams of cheese per day and not more than 70 grams of salami per day. I read about raw cheeses but are they nitrate free? And its it dangerous to eat them or not when the makers follow the 60 day rule? Next week gonna order me some grassfed meat and reusable wate bottles to start with and will look for some substitutions for the salami ect. Lol than of course you have water,veggies hehehe…Didn’t know about the fiber thing and nitrate though, will read about it.

Original Poster
Nitrates are not actually bad at all for you considering your body needs them in order to balance NO production, test, gh, igf and other hormones. If your really worried about it dont crips you bacon processed meats and such low heat, longer cooking time if your bacon and he like start to turn a orange color its too hot that the conversion of nitrate to nittrite, which you dont want. Just saying

If i could afford it i would eat a 1-2lbs of bacon a day

[quote]Webseeker wrote:

[quote]dcm1602 wrote:

Eitherway be smart if youre going heavy on this stuff, the cancer concern is completely legit [/quote]

Thanx for the comments. I don’t know if what i’m eating is going heavy on the stuff,i’m eating 4 or 5 slices of bacon eachy day, 50 till 70 grams of salami, i let may wife make my pork sausages,feta,gouda,brie. Not more than 150 grams of cheese per day and not more than 70 grams of salami per day. I read about raw cheeses but are they nitrate free? And its it dangerous to eat them or not when the makers follow the 60 day rule? Next week gonna order me some grassfed meat and reusable wate bottles to start with and will look for some substitutions for the salami ect. Lol than of course you have water,veggies hehehe…Didn’t know about the fiber thing and nitrate though, will read about it.[/quote]

[quote]Daveski7 wrote:
Original Poster
Nitrates are not actually bad at all for you considering your body needs them in order to balance NO production, test, gh, igf and other hormones. If your really worried about it dont crips you bacon processed meats and such low heat, longer cooking time if your bacon and he like start to turn a orange color its too hot that the conversion of nitrate to nittrite, which you dont want. Just saying

If i could afford it i would eat a 1-2lbs of bacon a day
Well actually i’ve started since today to make the bacon less crispy:D Of course your body needs the nitrates,but like the AD diet (and for me atm its a lifestyle), you would be consuming a lot of it and that can never be good. Thanks for your response by the way.I’m not worried about the nitrates i’m worried about the conversion of it into nitrite.

[quote]Webseeker wrote:

[quote]dcm1602 wrote:

Thanx for the comments. I don’t know if what i’m eating is going heavy on the stuff,i’m eating 4 or 5 slices of bacon eachy day, 50 till 70 grams of salami, i let may wife make my pork sausages,feta,gouda,brie. Not more than 150 grams of cheese per day and not more than 70 grams of salami per day. I read about raw cheeses but are they nitrate free? And its it dangerous to eat them or not when the makers follow the 60 day rule? Next week gonna order me some grassfed meat and reusable wate bottles to start with and will look for some substitutions for the salami ect. Lol than of course you have water,veggies hehehe…Didn’t know about the fiber thing and nitrate though, will read about it.[/quote]
[/quote]