Thoughts About This Workout

please comment on this workout i’ve just made it to hopfully boost my training, i’m looking for more strength than size on chest, equal strength and size on shoulders and arms, more strength on back and legs:

workout 1
chest and back
flat dumb bell press 4x10 (plus warm up)
incline bench press 5x5 (heavy)
(2nd session in the week, this swaps with incline dumb bells and flat bench)
dumb bell pullovers 3x15
decline b/press 4x8
wide grip chins 50reps
machine rows 4x8
bentover rows 4x8
dead lifts 3x10,6,4 (heavy)
abs- crunches 4x25

workout 2
shoulders & arms
clean & press 4x8 (plus warm up)
side lat raises 4x10
dumb bell shoulder press 5x5 (heavy)
up right rows 4x8
bell bar curls 4x8
weighted tricep dips 4x8
seated dumb bell curls 4x8
lying tricep extension 4x8
close grip b/press 4x8
wrist & reverse wrist curls 3x15
abs- crunches 4x25

workout 3
legs
squats 4x10
dumbells lunges 4x10
leg curls 4x10
calf raises 4x15
straight leg deadlifts 3x10,6,4 (heavy)
abs- crunches 4x25

i do this twice a week with one rest day please comment and dont be shy! thanks

I want to point out that you’ve got 44 total sets in your shoulders/arms day.

That seems a bit much.

However, you ARE squatting and deadlifting, and those are really the only things I look at when guys throw up new training regimines. So go for it, and if you find you’re too sore to hold a pencil 48 hours after your arm day, you might wanna back off the volume. Maybe drop an exercise… or several.

I think you’ve far too much volume here

Unless your eating a gigantic calorie surplus and genetically predisposed to handling huge volumes then you’ll burn out after a few weeks

Would you be prepaired to go 3 to 4 times a week instead? Remember you grow outside the gym by taking your rest and diet just as seriously as your workout

[quote]keyslad23 wrote:
please comment on this workout i’ve just made it to hopfully boost my training, i’m looking for more strength than size on chest, equal strength and size on shoulders and arms, more strength on back and legs:

workout 1
chest and back
flat dumb bell press 4x10 (plus warm up)
incline bench press 5x5 (heavy)
(2nd session in the week, this swaps with incline dumb bells and flat bench)
dumb bell pullovers 3x15
decline b/press 4x8
wide grip chins 50reps
machine rows 4x8
bentover rows 4x8
dead lifts 3x10,6,4 (heavy)
abs- crunches 4x25

workout 2
shoulders & arms
clean & press 4x8 (plus warm up)
side lat raises 4x10
dumb bell shoulder press 5x5 (heavy)
up right rows 4x8
bell bar curls 4x8
weighted tricep dips 4x8
seated dumb bell curls 4x8
lying tricep extension 4x8
close grip b/press 4x8
wrist & reverse wrist curls 3x15
abs- crunches 4x25

workout 3
legs
squats 4x10
dumbells lunges 4x10
leg curls 4x10
calf raises 4x15
straight leg deadlifts 3x10,6,4 (heavy)
abs- crunches 4x25

i do this twice a week with one rest day please comment and dont be shy! thanks[/quote]

You can try this in a “over-reaching” fashion, meaning you can follow this template for 4-9 or 10 weeks and then drop the volume to near nothing for 3 weeks, and you will some damn incredible results.

Nutrition is a big key component though

thanks for your thoughts guys i’ll take them all in, as for alot of sets during my shoulders & arms yeah maybe i’m during to much i always seems fine though! but maybe i’ll see more results dropping a few sets like otep said, i also do have a large calorie intake of good food. but maybe i will drop the volume abit, like yeah say over training is just as bad as not training thanks guys

And I thought I was using too much volume lol. Honestly this seems way intense, no matter how good you supplement/eat, I suspect your second workout of each muscle groups will be very hard on the joints and much less effective.

I would drop the volume about 40% and keep 6 sessions a week OR stick to doing each of your workouts once a week. Just my thoughts, good luck man