T Nation

Thought Provoking Questions

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year.

I am posting this question here because from what I have read through out the site, the people who post on the steroid thread seem to know more about physiology.

Me and two friends were sitting around talking and wondering why you feel drained for a day or so after you blow your load (sorry to be blunt). We were wondering if your test levels drop afterwards?

Also, for me low test levels run in my family and I was wondering when I should start getting that checked out. I know it differs for all people and I don’t feel any problems or any extreme tiredness but didnt know at what point you should get checked.

The answer for feeling tired after ejaculating IMO is prolactin.

Having sex from what I understand actualy increases test levels.

Prolactin is nature’s way of making us stop screwing. Otherwise we would just
have sex till we died of exhaustion, or lack of will power to go eat. Its produced in the pituitary. When we ejaculate it is what makes you tired, and unable to have sex again right away.

Cabergolion (dostenex) is a prolactin inhibitor many have reported to greatly help sexual performance, but now there are studies indicating that it may cause heart valve problems.

Prolactin may also be responsible for aiding synapse connections in the brain. So having sex may in fact make your brain more powerful.

[quote]fatsuperman wrote:
The answer for feeling tired after ejaculating IMO is prolactin.

Prolactin is nature’s way of making us stop screwing. Otherwise we would just
have sex till we died of exhaustion, or lack of will power to go eat. Its produced in the pituitary. When we ejaculate it is what makes you tired, and unable to have sex again right away.

Cabergolion (dostenex) is a prolactin inhibitor many have reported to greatly help sexual performance, but now there are studies indicating that it may cause heart valve problems.

Prolactin may also be responsible for aiding synapse connections in the brain. So having sex may in fact make your brain more powerful.[/quote]

Wow man, that pretty much explains it. After I’ve blown a load it’s like a switch goes off in my brain and I completely lose interest in sex for a certain time period. It’s almost instant. In fact, I wish it didn’t happen because I’d rather keep screwing! lol

Thanks guys!
I know it was a weird one but I appreciate the answer.

Oddly enough, back when I was married I seemed to have high prolactin levels after sex which my new hot-as-hell girlfriend has helped me to significantly reduce.

Can you point me those studies? I have taken Dostinex numerous times. Thank you.

i thought that we felt tired after cumming because we get a rush of dopamine, and the reason why women are giddy and talkative because they get norepenephrine. Someone correct me if I am wrong…

awesome thread, and great question

Here is a reference I found for the Prolactin / Sleepiness / Refractory Period. I’m no expert, just regurgitating what I have heard.

Here’s a reference to Dostinex / Caber / Heart valve thing:

http://www.aheartylife.com/2007/01/06/parkinsons-drugs-permax-and-dostinex-may-cause-heart-problems/

One note about the heart valve thing, the dosages were VERY high, like 3mg a day, and the test subjects were fairly old.

[quote]fatsuperman wrote:
[/quote]

No, it doesn’t, quite the contrary. However the drop in test is only short term.

[quote]Thoms wrote:
No, it doesn’t, quite the contrary. However the drop in test is only short term.[/quote]

Yea, you could be right, I can’t find where I’ve read that more frequent sexaul activity increase test levels.