Thought of the Night: Kicked in the Nuts

[quote]roybot wrote:
In the red trunks, we have reigning champ “agony of childbirth”… in the blue trunks, we have challenger “kicked in the nuts”…

Both will emerge from hospital carrying a small bundle. Only one will be happy.

[/quote]

For now.

Give it another 15 years and lets see who go the better deal.

[quote]rugggby wrote:
Jesus, testicle into the hip socket? I think we have a winner[/quote]

Holy fuck dude, I am trying to get this thought out of my head desperately.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
In the red trunks, we have reigning champ “agony of childbirth”… in the blue trunks, we have challenger “kicked in the nuts”…

Both will emerge from hospital carrying a small bundle. Only one will be happy.

[/quote]

For now.

Give it another 15 years and lets see who go the better deal.

[/quote]

I never specified which one would be happy.

Women in general can’t take pain well and exaggerate pain compared to men. Ice been a practicing chiropractor for twenty years and this is my professional observation.

Two years ago I had a gall bladder issue. The attacks were painful. I was talking to a bar tender, female, who said she had problems with one and had to go to the ER and get shots of morphine.

A few years ago the NSCA journal published done studies comparing pain tolerance between the sexes and came to the same conclusion. There are plenty of painful conditions and injuries out there.

While I’m sure it really bloody hurts to get kicked in the nuts, I want you to imagine this for a moment:

• Pretend you have two boobs the size of mangos.

• Imagine that every month blood leaks from your body.

• Imagine that on some months, that leakage screws with your hormones and makes you feel like you’re drugged and miserable.

• Imagine that that certain time of the month causes those two mango-sized orbs on the front of your body to become so incredibly sensitive that a simple cotton support apparatus can feel like vice grips.

• Now imagine accidentally getting jarred in those two mangos a dozen or so times a week since they’re in an easy-to-access location and people tend to not watch their elbows when turning around.

• Now imagine that you’re genetically prone to having these little fleshy nodes grow inside of your mangos, and every week when your body betrays you and starts leaking your life force, those little fleshy nodes inside of your already tender mangos feel like little slivers of glass, and start feeling that way a few days before your TOTM and last for a few days after.

• Now imagine that occasionally, with no warning, this monthly leakage and mango tenderness is also accompanied by very painful cramping that feels like having eaten 14 microwave burritos and being told to not crap for 4 days.

Do I need to even start taking about the clotting, and how some women are prone to spontaneous gushes of blood…?

Your nut shots are the payment you pay for not having to deal with this crap. And you can wear a cup.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Women in general can’t take pain well and exaggerate pain compared to men. Ice been a practicing chiropractor for twenty years and this is my professional observation.

Two years ago I had a gall bladder issue. The attacks were painful. I was talking to a bar tender, female, who said she had problems with one and had to go to the ER and get shots of morphine.

A few years ago the NSCA journal published done studies comparing pain tolerance between the sexes and came to the same conclusion. There are plenty of painful conditions and injuries out there. [/quote]

I think I remember you posting before about how women are more vocal with their pain. Never forget that women are more vocal in general, and you can’t go by that. Sort of like women are louder during sex - doesn’t mean the men are enjoying it less.

There are many studies that show the opposite. You can cherry pick which you want to believe, but the reality is that it isn’t so east to quantify.

And finally, that women you met just might be a weany. I once met a man that fainted getting two stitches. Doesn’t mean all men are pussies who can’t handle a little discomfort.

But you sound like you’ve made up your mind ahead of the data, then looked for information to validate your opinion.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Women get all the credit for enduring pain. I say fuck that! Fuck your period and pregnancy. During your “yime of the month”, people feel sorry for you…and oh god, the pampering pregnant women get…

Now, to real pain

A guy on the ground clutching his nuts crying…while everyone laughs and videotapes the tears? Yea, TORTURE!!! And, after the swelling and fucked up stomach pain subsides…there’s always the thought and knowledge that one day someone…somewhere is buying steel toe boots with the sole purpose of booting your boys…and it WILL happen…and you may end up on a “home video show” to be mocked for eternity.

periods vs nut shots[/quote]

It sounds like you’re getting YOUR period, Batgirl.[/quote]
sitting in a tub of blood right now…delicious

^^seriously how could anyone actually try to claim to know who exaggerates pain.

Women report being less tolerant of spicy foods. It ends up they have more nerve endings in the tongue. Is it an exaggeration or physical reality?

[quote]Squiggles wrote:

[quote]tom63 wrote:

A few years ago the NSCA journal published done studies comparing pain tolerance between the sexes and came to the same conclusion. There are plenty of painful conditions and injuries out there. [/quote]

I think I remember you posting before about how women are more vocal with their pain. Never forget that women are more vocal in general, and you can’t go by that. Sort of like women are louder during sex - doesn’t mean the men are enjoying it less.

There are many studies that show the opposite. You can cherry pick which you want to believe, but the reality is that it isn’t so east to quantify.

And finally, that women you met just might be a weany. I once met a man that fainted getting two stitches. Doesn’t mean all men are pussies who can’t handle a little discomfort.

But you sound like you’ve made up your mind ahead of the data, then looked for information to validate your opinion.[/quote]
Women simply have more nerves all over the body which makes their pain more intense, in all comparable cases. Another issue is hormonal; testosterone has been shown to contribute to pain tolerance and general mental toughness. Men also go to the doctor a lot less though men’s health, overall, is far worse than women’s. Boys and young men, sometimes older men, are often willing to risk their ability to procreate, walk or even breathe for a few cheap laughs from their friends, as evidenced in the fact that most anything ‘dangerous and silly’ of the world is committed by males, including the flashy and spectacular.
There’s just so many lines of evidence, empirical and theoretical, to support the contention that men are more able and willing to take pain than women that I believe the conclusion is hard to avoid, all Hollywood facts withstanding.

Then, it’s not exactly like women are demanded to be tough.

Some people think I’m being too serious but I believe the old pregnancy/periods vs. testicular injury comparison is, in a sense, sexist or at least controversial.
Women’s bodies are supposed to work in a certain way, testifying to good health. Men are not supposed to get hit below the belt; it’s just not a natural part of life and certainly not a sign of good health. This is why I find the comparison offensive, especially if used by a woman (for purely emotional reasons).
Yet in my research I’ve come across various teen or child oriented more or less official, educational websites that basically give away the idea that a man’s natural born body is somehow flawed. So there is a tendency, from cinema and TV to school and the local self-defence class to raise us to believe just this very interpretation of facts. Not a fact, but an interpretation of facts.

This is not a jab at the OP.

[quote]Nards wrote:
My little thing about women using child birth as a proof of toughness is that they fail as there’s certainly a lot of screaming and gnashing of teeth and taking of epidurals and I wouldn’t say they tolerate child birth so much as endure it.
I mean if a guy said he’s tough because he sky-dives I may agree…but not if he screamed and cried the whole time and begged for it to stop.[/quote]

dude, lmao

awesome

[quote]rugggby wrote:
as a rugby player, i get hit in the niagras all the time. Most of the time its just banter in training, but i would imagine childbirth is worse, considering it lasts for hours and hours… then the real pain starts.[/quote]

lol, cmon man.

[quote]ethanwest wrote:

[quote]rugggby wrote:
Jesus, testicle into the hip socket? I think we have a winner[/quote]

Holy fuck dude, I am trying to get this thought out of my head desperately.[/quote]

x15.9654

This was bound to happen. I was waiting for the girls to read this thread and voice their opinions.

But seriously, imagine being married to a woman who cheats on you and divorces you. Then you have to give her half your money, and pay her a large portion of your income every month.

That’s pain.

[quote]Puddle wrote:
I was watching a comedian/tv show the other day, i forget who it was, may be been Russel Howard (British Comic) talking about the top 5 most painful things (Child birth came 2nd, beaten by a kick to the nuts). One story he told, which i’m sceptical as to whether it’s true or not but still makes me cringe is his friend dislocating his leg at the hip during football (or soccer, if you must). apparently a paramedic ran onto the pitch to pop it back into place, not knowing his testicle had slipped into the hip socket. I think you get the idea.

What also got me thinking was his point on how childbirth can’t be that bad because from an evolutionary standpoint it makes no sense. Why make something necessary for the continuation of the species so fucking painful? If you look at most species of animals, they pop it out no problem. It could just be women making a big fuss over nothing. Obviously i’m not in a great position to comment and am not saying it’s not painful, it’s just a thought. But i do refuse to believe it’s more painful than something not meant to happen, i.e Kidney stones, being shot, having your arm bitten off, standing on a plug etc.[/quote]

“He’s dislocated his hip! Quick, check his balls!”

[quote]ethanwest wrote:
This was bound to happen. I was waiting for the girls to read this thread and voice their opinions.

But seriously, imagine being married to a woman who cheats on you and divorces you. Then you have to give her half your money, and pay her a large portion of your income every month.

That’s pain. [/quote]

Not if you kill her…

:slight_smile:

The pain of reading a Ct. Rockula post must be right up there with child birth.