T Nation

Those Who Count Calories...

Do ya'll count your workout shake (Surge or whatever) in your daily totals? Currently, I do..but its kinda messing up my food timing. Just curious...

If it goes in the mouth count it

why wouldn’t you count it?

and what do you mean by food timing?

Count it, but you can “not count it” yourself. For example I input Surge into FitDay and I’m on the Anabolic Diet, but it doesn’t count towards my daily net carb total, although I count the total calories and total protein.

But honestly if you take Surge when you’re supposed to, and trained at enough intensity, your body will be likely to use up every single calorie to recover so it won’t mess up any of your math or timing.

THANKS BF

BY FOOD TIMING I MEANT MEAL TIMING; TRYING TO SPACE OUT MY MEALS BY 2-3HRS. I HAVE A GAP RIGHT NOW ON TRAINING DAYS. I’LL FIGURE IT OUT.

(CAPS LOCK B/C I’M @ WORK)

[quote]B rocK wrote:
THANKS BF

BY FOOD TIMING I MEANT MEAL TIMING; TRYING TO SPACE OUT MY MEALS BY 2-3HRS. I HAVE A GAP RIGHT NOW ON TRAINING DAYS. I’LL FIGURE IT OUT.

(CAPS LOCK B/C I’M @ WORK)[/quote]

There’s a button for that.

Or maybe:

HEY, ME TOO! MY JOB ONLY ALLOWS ME TO TYPE IN CAPS JUST LIKE YOURS.

Just kidding. Count the shake.

I definitely count it.

I wouldn’t worry about “meal timings” when it comes to workout shakes. The 2-3 hour figure doesn’t have to be exact. Some times the gap between meals can be short, sometimes long.

[quote]CantStop wrote:
I definitely count it.

I wouldn’t worry about “meal timings” when it comes to workout shakes. The 2-3 hour figure doesn’t have to be exact. Some times the gap between meals can be short, sometimes long.[/quote]

exactly. and really, Surge is like a meal (well mini-meal)

Yes, I count it along with everything else, though I don’t take it into consideration for meal timing.

Example: Meal, snack, meal, snack, meal, snack. PO shake just falls in wherever, but I try to keep it to an hour or so before a meal or snack.

yes