Those Pesky Germans!

"On Monday August 6, 2001, at 17:50, [German] Ambassador Ischinger personally notified the President of the United States that information developed by the Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz [German domestic secret service] as well as the BND [Bundesnachrichtendienst, German foreign secret service] indicated clearly that an attack by a radical Arab group partially based in Germany was to occur on September 10-11, 2001.

The President was at that time in residence at his farm in Texas. Our [German] Ambassador was acting in direct response to instructions from Foreign Minister Fischer.

This information was developed from official surveillance of Arab extremist groups operating in the Federal Republic as well as from intercepted communications between the Embassy of Israel and the Israeli Foreign Ministry in Tel Aviv concerning this matter.

The information was �??gratefully received�?? by the U.S. President who stated at the time that he was also aware of the same pending assaults.

Subsequent to these attacks, the office of the U.S. President, through the U.S. Department of State, made an urgent request to the Federal Government [of Germany] that no reference whatsoever should be made to the official warnings given by Ambassador Ischinger."

http://tbrnews.org/Archives/a652.htm

“On August 20, the Government of France, through the American Embassy in Paris and their Embassy in Washington, issued a more specific warning. This warning specified the exact date, time and places of the attacks.”

So… what exactly were they supposed to do? Let’s pretend for a minute that the Bush administration knew that an attack would be coming September 11th 2001. What could they have done?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
So… what exactly were they supposed to do? Let’s pretend for a minute that the Bush administration knew that an attack would be coming September 11th 2001. What could they have done?[/quote]

Froze the country, in slowmotion, jeez.
[Sarcasm]
But, honestly, I agree with what you’re saying.

Planes crashing into buildings was probably the last thing they would have been thining about it. It could have been embedded snipers, poisoned waters, etcetera…there is nothing they could have done.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
So… what exactly were they supposed to do? Let’s pretend for a minute that the Bush administration knew that an attack would be coming September 11th 2001. What could they have done?[/quote]

I understand NORAD had drills that very day.

Maybe tried to stop it from happening?

Just prior to WWII, our Navy declared the north Pacific (north of Hawaii) an ‘empty sea’, meaning no patrols there. Why? The German ambassador tells us were going to be hit and guys with boxcutters fly all over with impunity. Why?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
So… what exactly were they supposed to do? Let’s pretend for a minute that the Bush administration knew that an attack would be coming September 11th 2001. What could they have done?

I understand NORAD had drills that very day.[/quote]

Yes, what a coincidence…
http://www.boston.com/news/packages/sept11/anniversary/wire_stories/0903_plane_exercise.htm

[quote]Guerrero wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Froze the country, in slowmotion, jeez.
[Sarcasm]

But, honestly, I agree with what you’re saying.

Planes crashing into buildings was probably the last thing they would have been thining about it. It could have been embedded snipers, poisoned waters, etcetera…there is nothing they could have done.[/quote]

And the airport security worked as well, as it was geared toward finding hidden firearms. They never would have suspected box cutters.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Just prior to WWII, our Navy declared the north Pacific (north of Hawaii) an ‘empty sea’, meaning no patrols there. Why? The German ambassador tells us were going to be hit and guys with boxcutters fly all over with impunity. Why?[/quote]

So the Germans were specific? They told us the flight number and that planes were to be used? Did he even mention planes?

What were they supposed to do? Mobilize the entire military across the nation for a few days? Done strip searches at every airport? Don’t you think they would have just waited a few days?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Just prior to WWII, our Navy declared the north Pacific (north of Hawaii) an ‘empty sea’, meaning no patrols there. Why? The German ambassador tells us were going to be hit and guys with boxcutters fly all over with impunity. Why?

So the Germans were specific? They told us the flight number and that planes were to be used? Did he even mention planes?

What were they supposed to do? Mobilize the entire military across the nation for a few days? Done strip searches at every airport? Don’t you think they would have just waited a few days?[/quote]

Read beneath the link in my post. The French told us exactly where and when the hit would come, on August 20th.

Don’t get me wrong: I’m glad Iraq is liberated but this link disturbed me greatly.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

What were they supposed to do? Mobilize the entire military across the nation for a few days? Done strip searches at every airport? Don’t you think they would have just waited a few days?

Read beneath the link in my post. The French told us exactly where and when the hit would come, on August 20th.

Don’t get me wrong: I’m glad Iraq is liberated but this link disturbed me greatly.

[/quote]

And you believe the link?

What is the source for that info about the French giving us exact details beforehand?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
What is the source for that info about the French giving us exact details beforehand?

Headhunter wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

The German government has never denied the validity of the report. The only way I can see to refute it is:

“If Ambassador Ischinger did not go to Crawford, Texas, on the date named, nor made telephone contact with the President, then the document may not be truthful. If, on the other hand, Ischinger did telephone President Bush or go to Crawford to speak with him at the time and date mentioned, then the occasion must have been a matter of extreme urgency. It will be possible for someone to verify or refute the facts of Ambassador Ischinger�??s whereabouts.”

http://physics911.net/germanintel

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Damici wrote:

Headhunter wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

The German government has never denied the validity of the report. The only way I can see to refute it is:

“If Ambassador Ischinger did not go to Crawford, Texas, on the date named, nor made telephone contact with the President, then the document may not be truthful. If, on the other hand, Ischinger did telephone President Bush or go to Crawford to speak with him at the time and date mentioned, then the occasion must have been a matter of extreme urgency. It will be possible for someone to verify or refute the facts of Ambassador Ischinger�??s whereabouts.”

[/quote]

What a bunch on nonsense.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

What a bunch on nonsense.[/quote]

Why? It would be very easy to dismiss the document, yet they are simply silent. And it should be possible to trace movements of an ambassador.