Thor Movie

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Nu-Naiy wrote:
harris447 wrote:

PS Why, exactly, does Superman have to be huge? His strength doesn’t come directly from his muscles. He’s an alien.

'Cause that’s how he is in the comics and the movie is based on a character from the comics…and it just looks cooler.

Does there have to be any other reason? Superman is still supposed to be the greatest of all comic book superheros…literally “larger than life”. He’s big in every comic book. The only time he gets sized down is in the movies. And yes, this response was geeky as hell…but so what?![/quote]

As far as the Superman thing goes, people bitched about Michael Keaton, movie turned out great. (At the time; doesn’t hold up, especially compared to Batman Begins). People bitched about organic web-shooters, movie turned out great. People bitched about taking the X-Men out of the spandex, movie turned out great…and was the baby of the guy currently entrusted with the Big Blue Boy Scout. I’m trusting that the guy who informed the world of something us geeks have known for years (that Wolverine rules so hard) is gonna do right by the Last Son of El.

(How’s that for geeky?)

they should just get Mel Brooks to write/direct it. then it’ll be a spoof and they can get Danny Devito or, better yet, RICK MORANIS!! YEAH!1! to play Thor.

that would be hilarious

god i miss the days of Spaceballs and Men in Tight TIGHT Tights and all that good stuff…

P.S. where’s Spaceballs II the Soich for Moi Money?

Owen Wilson.

[quote]harris447 wrote:

People bitched about organic web-shooters, movie turned out great. [/quote]

I’m still bitching about Toby “I’m so cut for this role” Maguire, and that movie didn’t turn out great, it’s sequel sucked too.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
harris447 wrote:

People bitched about organic web-shooters, movie turned out great.

I’m still bitching about Toby “I’m so cut for this role” Maguire, and that movie didn’t turn out great, it’s sequel sucked too.

[/quote]

Geek Response*

I liked the original for what it was, but agree that it wasn’t all that. It did great at the box office though and no one can deny that. He still just didn’t have the physique to pull that off, even though Spiderman never was “huge”. He should have been leaner and more muscular.

As far as Superman, unless they tone that hair down and that picture that was released was just to test “fan response”, I am not getting my hopes up.

As far as Thor, unless they get some big son of a bitch who can actually act, it will suck as well.

X-men and Batman Begins (my favorite so far) are the best to have been released when it comes to comic book movies. Even though they could have made some corrections in casting for X-men(or actually getting Wolverine to lift a few weights), overall, it hit the mark. I think Professor X sealed the deal on that one. Anyone else in that role just wouldn’t have worked like that. Hell, Magneto too.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
harris447 wrote:

[/quote]

That’s so cool that you’re upfront about your lack of taste in movies.

C’mon! Who wouldn’t like Mangog!

I have to complain about what they did to wolverine in both X-men. If you read any of the old comics, Wolverine was an excellent fighter. You watch the movies, and the only guys he takes care of are humans… please. Every mutant kicked his ass hardcore… it really urks me to no end. Wolverine is a pimp and they turned him into a gimp.

ohh yeah, geek response

I think Professor X sealed the deal on that one. Anyone else in that role just wouldn’t have worked like that. Hell, Magneto too.[/quote]

Yes! Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen made that movie. They were great. Plus it amused me that an openly gay man had his picture plastered on fast food cups all across the heartland.

As for Thor villains, why not Fenrir or Jormagund? Ya know, the classics. Well, Fenrir was technically Tyr’s problem, but hey, it’s a movie.

[quote]heimdall wrote:
C’mon! Who wouldn’t like Mangog![/quote]

I don’t even think Mangog likes Mangog. (Maybe’s that why he was a bad guy.)

I’m a fan of the Scion of Asgard, really. I’m a huuuuuuge fan of the Ultimate version. But his bad guy bench just ain’t that deep.

(Which might be the problem with the next FF movie. Could they possibly have the huevos to do Galactus? And, then what? Annihilus? Terrax the Tamer? And before you say it: no, Mole Man will not work.)

harris447/heimdall, you guys suck! You’re bringing me back to my comic/Norse Mythology days! LOL

I reaslly liked the old Destroyer/Celestials story, and can’t imagine that the movie would hold too close to traditional mythology.

The story can’t have people thinking on any level, and must have lots of CGI/explosions. Think Thor vs. Iran and North Korea… wait, too much thinking there…

[quote]harris447 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
C’mon! Who wouldn’t like Mangog!

I don’t even think Mangog likes Mangog. (Maybe’s that why he was a bad guy.)

I’m a fan of the Scion of Asgard, really. I’m a huuuuuuge fan of the Ultimate version. But his bad guy bench just ain’t that deep.

(Which might be the problem with the next FF movie. Could they possibly have the huevos to do Galactus? And, then what? Annihilus? Terrax the Tamer? And before you say it: no, Mole Man will not work.)[/quote]

[quote]David Barr wrote:
harris447/heimdall, you guys suck! You’re bringing me back to my comic/Norse Mythology days! LOL

I reaslly liked the old Destroyer/Celestials story, and can’t imagine that the movie would hold too close to traditional mythology.

The story can’t have people thinking on any level, and must have lots of CGI/explosions. Think Thor vs. Iran and North Korea… wait, too much thinking there…
[/quote]

Hey yeah! Almost forgot about the Destroyer! Ultimate Thor foe if ever there was one.

I just realized I’m surrounded by fucking nerds

just kidding… I’m probably more into this stuff than you guys lol.

I want to see Thor go against Galactus.

hmmmmm Silver surfer movie???

Most probable (and easy to sell) would be a Captain America movie.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

Most probable (and easy to sell) would be a Captain America movie.

[/quote]

Didn’t they seal him in a suspended animation chamber because his views were outdated?

Ok guys maybe just maybe you haven’t seen Batman: Dead End

Check it out cause it’s really cool, not only in the batman vs aliens vs predator fanboy wet dream sense, it has the creepiest joker I’ve seen probably better than Nicholson, and the actor who plays batman… is shredded the suit is a lycra one like the Dark Knight comics and he fills it out like batman should.

Same director made another film can’t remember the name, something about world famous or something like that with a really dorky superman but… probably better than the guy that was cast in the other thread.

Back on the original question…

for Thor I’d suggest HHH(if he can act), or Vladimir Kulich, the guy who played Buliwyf in the 13th Warrior. Has the size, hes about 6’5", has the accent, can act. Magnus Samuelson would be cool also or his “little” brother Torbin. He’s just as big.

Dolph Lundgren may be a bit too old to pull it of now, haven’t seen him in a pic in a few years.

slimjim wrote:
harris447 wrote:

Geek Response*

I liked the original for what it was, but agree that it wasn’t all that. It did great at the box office though and no one can deny that. He still just didn’t have the physique to pull that off, even though Spiderman never was “huge”. He should have been leaner and more muscular.

As far as Superman, unless they tone that hair down and that picture that was released was just to test “fan response”, I am not getting my hopes up.

As far as Thor, unless they get some big son of a bitch who can actually act, it will suck as well.

X-men and Batman Begins (my favorite so far) are the best to have been released when it comes to comic book movies. Even though they could have made some corrections in casting for X-men(or actually getting Wolverine to lift a few weights), overall, it hit the mark. I think Professor X sealed the deal on that one. Anyone else in that role just wouldn’t have worked like that. Hell, Magneto too.[/quote]

Maguire as Spiderman didn’t bother me at all. Like you said, Spiderman was never supposed to be that big. And it just made sense to me that Spiderman be kind of geeky, goofy guy. I think it worked for those movies. I agree about Superman and Thor.

For Thor, I think someone who looks the part and has decent acting skills but not great would make for a better movie than a talented actor who’s not just not believable as Thor. I think this role requires an impressive physique more than any of the movies mentioned so far.

I liked Batman Begins and X-men a lot. I think Jackman did bulk up pretty good for X-men. He wasn’t very big to start with. These actors only have so much time prior to shooting to get into shape, so it’s doubtful that any established Hollywood actor’s gonna look that impressive. They would need to cast someone that actually has done some solid training prior to getting the part, but I don’t think that would always make it a better movie.

It would have been nice to have a Wolverine, but he was big enough that it didn’t bother me or have me thinking about it during the movie.

[quote]danreeves1973 wrote:
Back on the original question…

for Thor I’d suggest HHH(if he can act), or Vladimir Kulich, the guy who played Buliwyf in the 13th Warrior. Has the size, hes about 6’5", has the accent, can act. Magnus Samuelson would be cool also or his “little” brother Torbin. He’s just as big.

[/quote]

Yeah. Any of these would be solid choices.

I’m still holding out for a Deadpool movie. Really, that’s all I want*.

-FC

*Well, not really; I want to see more Batman, Spider-Man, and X-Men.

Regarding Toby “jackass” McGwire (one of my former coworkers met him in Australia and said he was a total jackass which doesn’t surprise me any), I saw an interview of his before the first Spiderman came out where he said his nutrition for “bulking up” to play the role included “lots of tofu”. That should explain everything right there.