T Nation

Thompson, Bolton, Glenn Ross @ BPC Champs

Didn’t see a topic about this anywhere.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/8595

Is it just me, or does Glenn Ross squat DEEP for such a huge guy?

Ross’ squat was unbelievable! Too bad he didn’t complete the first deadlift.

Also, you gotta love the display at the end by Ross. How much was that?

Looks like inch dumbbell - 172 lbs.

And yeah, Glenn Ross squatted great.
This can’t be said about the other two monsters, though.

How much did Andy miss at his third attempt? His speed off the ground is really impressive.

[quote]mldj wrote:
Looks like inch dumbbell - 172 lbs.

And yeah, Glenn Ross squatted great.
This can’t be said about the other two monsters, though.

How much did Andy miss at his third attempt? His speed off the ground is really impressive.[/quote]

Yup, it was an inch dumbbell replica. That was a world record for reps too btw. And notice how he has sweet FA leg drive… his shoulders are just TOO strong.

Afaik, he was wearing knee sleeve too and not wraps, tho I am open to correction.

Bolton missed 1004 for a new all time WR. Looks like he honestly has another 30-50lb there if he can sort his grip.

And the speed of Donnie’s squats… OWWWWWWWW!

they hardly travel down far at all how are those legal?!!! cept for the ross guy his were very deep
it doesnt even seem like squatting anymore

To be fair just standing up with 530kg on your back is absolutely sick.

I wonder what kind of numbers Glenn Ross could put up if he trained specificall for PL. Dosent he weight like 200kg?

i still think the depth they hit just seems like not a squat but thats just me, i know other federations most of the guys go narrower and hit below parallel but all of them are diff right?

Glenn Ross is a sexy man.

Yes I believe that the judging on depth does vary somewhat. Im sure that someone with a better knowledge of the different federations could help with that.

All of Thompsons squats were called high and didnt pass to be fair.

[quote]Dave284 wrote:
Yes I believe that the judging on depth does vary somewhat. Im sure that someone with a better knowledge of the different federations could help with that.

All of Thompsons squats were called high and didnt pass to be fair.[/quote]

good, they should be they drop like four inches lols, i like to asee a nice deep non questionable squat

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Glenn Ross is a sexy man.[/quote]

And he can dance!

The man’s strength is just retarded. Apparently he’s just coming off a knee injury. Word is he’s good for 800+ raw in the squat.

Why didn’t they pass the deadlifts? Hitching?

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
Yup, it was an inch dumbbell replica. That was a world record for reps too btw. And notice how he has sweet FA leg drive… his shoulders are just TOO strong.

The man’s strength is just retarded. Apparently he’s just coming off a knee injury. Word is he’s good for 800+ raw in the squat.

Why didn’t they pass the deadlifts? Hitching?[/quote]

If i had to guess, it would be because of the little hitching once he got past his knees.

[quote]matso1236 wrote:
LUEshi wrote:

Why didn’t they pass the deadlifts? Hitching?

If i had to guess, it would be because of the little hitching once he got past his knees.[/quote]

Probably used to hitching on his heavy deadlifts from strongman.

I know Glenn is awefully fat, but I love the guy.

His static strength is off the hook. He dunked those squats!!!

Monopoly

glenn is over 500lbs according to wiki, but coming off injury might have been 400ish. I felt he was much stronger then the other two guys though. He is just a beast, those squats were sick and watching him dominate the inch like that was ridiculous with no leg drive. Glenn should squat in IPF I’m sure he could break the world record.

Here is an old picture of glenn, imagine the bulking that went into how he is now!

Hmm interesting story about glenn got it from a old bodybuilding thread ‘It was a channel 5 documentary called ‘Hard Bastards’ hosted by Kate Kray. It featured Glenn Ross for a whole episode. Glenn describes the horrific attack after throwing a gang of thugs out of a nightclub (he works as a doorman/bouncer), about 10 of them chased him after work to a dark field at like 4am and surrounded him - they battered him so badly with pick-axe handles that he needed hundreds of staples to hold his head together (not stitches, but staples!) and he passed out due to losing so many pints of blood… 99 out of 100 men would of died half-way through the attack, their heads would of just fallen apart (pick-axe handles mind!), but the doctors said that Glenn’s skull was extremely strong and it was extremely rare and fortunate that his skull was so freaky strong - it saved his life, he had no right to survive! It was a miracle that this head didn’t fall apart, but the doctors commented that they never knew a skull so strong as Glenn’s.’ In the documentary has him eating 10-15k calories a day, in the morning he would eat 30 hard boiled eggs to start his day.

in the documentary his stats were 6’ 1"
200kg/30 stone
63 inches chest
24.5 inches biceps
35 inches thighs
24 inches neck
Occupation International Strongman/Powerlifter
Lifts 400kg Squat
400kg Deadlift
295kg Bench
195kg Shoulder Press (standing)

If he would train for pure static strength like powerlifting I bet he could do some serious damage.

[quote]Dave284 wrote:
To be fair just standing up with 530kg on your back is absolutely sick.
[/quote]

Yes, it is. But as of right now, standing up isn’t an event in PL.

Ross is straight ridiculous.

Ross is a BOUNCER? Jeez. That must be the safest club in the universe.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
Ross is a BOUNCER? Jeez. That must be the safest club in the universe.[/quote]

considering he survived 10 men with axes beating on him, yeah probably.