T Nation

This Really Pisses Me Off

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
raptors wrote:
the worse thing iv seen was when my friend finished 20rep squatting, just as he collapsed on floor 2 seconds after a guy comes up and says “gj brah, can i get a set in”, my friend couldnt even talk

whats wrong with that?
[/quote]

His friend was too tired to get up and smash the inconsiderate prick in the face with the nearest dumbbell.

lol id just tell them to move.

people who do pullups should get punched in the face anyway.

You can say something or
I’m a quiet person so you could wrap up in the squat rack, if they still try to use it, unrack it and start squatting, they’ll get the picture.

Minimize how many people your cool with in the gym, I find this reduces alot of dickheadery.

You get those wreckless happy go lucky ass’s who think if your not using it precisely at that second that it’s fair game. This is where overtly asshole tactics like loud grunting when your lifting come in handy. Or even throwing weights.

I’m not normally this type of guy, but if I’m at an asshole gym it’s every man for themselves.

Thats absolute shit. If someone jumped in before me before i was getting ready to lift (esp. squat), i would either tell them to get the fuck out of the way, or politely tell them that im about to lift and they can jump in after no problem.

Never allow that to happen to you again.

“hey bud, i’m using that. find someplace else to do pullups.”

done.

If he’s just finishing up his exercise, then he shouldn’t have to tell them. It seems like the people who act this way fall into one of the following two categories:

1. Complete cretin - totally oblivious to the situation, and probably thinks that the rack is designed for two people to be using it at the same time. Their logic being “why would a pull up bar be there if it wasn’t multi purpose”.

It is unthinkable for ‘the cretin’ to actually queue for anything. They are far too important for that. Their time is better spent conducting ridiculously long phone calls in between sets and posing in the mirror.

1. Total gym noob - zero knowledge of gym etiquette. To make matters worse, they are probably one of those delusional bastards that think that being a bodybuilder involves conducting yourself like a complete and utter fuckwit.

They will usually proceed to stake their claim to any piece of equipment at any time: whether it is in use or not is beside the point.
They typically have zero muscle, but are allowed to do as they please because they are “hardcore” and have evolved to the next stage of human development (or so they seem to think).

Both types have a complete ignorance of plain old fashioned
good manners and common sense. And that’s the problem.

Well today is my leg day and ill be in the gym in about an hour. I’ll deff be making sure no one is doing pull ups between my sets today

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
people who do pullups should get punched in the face anyway.[/quote]

huh?

[quote]the_overman wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

huh?[/quote]

The punch is a good way to psyche them up and get a few extra reps out. They’ll thank you in the end…

[quote]the_overman wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

huh?[/quote]

x2

i stand by my statement.

every time in the cable station doing pushdowns or something some guy wants to come up and bang out his set of half rep pullups, like gee whiz why dont you go do a row or something.

my gym only has one cable station and the only pullup bar is on it. and all anyone ever says is…this place needs another (cable station)

i personally dont like pullups either, i can never do more than 9 and i wont ever make them part of a routine again.

i dont care how many videos there are on youtube, ive never seen a big guy doing pullups in real life.

[quote]roybot wrote:
the_overman wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

huh?

The punch is a good way to psyche them up and get a few extra reps out. They’ll thank you in the end…

[/quote]

its a good way to say, hey, get the fuck down im trying to do shit.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i dont care how many videos there are on youtube, ive never seen a big guy doing pullups in real life.[/quote]

Your gym either has a bunch of fat guys or pussies.

Hang a dirty sweaty towel over the pullup bar.

See if they want to move it and do pullups.