This Really Pisses Me Off

I don’t know maybe i’m being selfish or maybe it is truly disrespectful but the power rack at my gym has a pull up bar at the top. Anyway, it seems every time im in there to squat people feel the need to do pull ups even though there are about 3 other places to do them but they insist on doing them there. People will see the weight on the bar and see me wrapping up and just jump up and start doing pull ups.

Now i dont care if you wanna do a set right after im done with mine but if you see me wrapping up i really feel they should wait or even go to another spot to do them. Most people don’t even ask to work in or anything they just walk in and start doing pullups.

I dont know but i just feel like a power rack is for certain things a pull ups aren’t one of them. It really fucks up your focus when you’ve got some heavy ass weight on the bar and then you end up having to wait because theres someone doing pullups.

In short, that is unacceptable. I would say something to that person.

I routinely feel the need to say things if people step in on a set without asking and the like

Its as if they are pushing you out of the way to get on the subway before you, and then cause you to miss the train.

terrible manners…

I feel ya. The same thing happens at my gym.

Same thing has happened to me several times i hate that shit.

Definitely worthy of a long eat-shit-and-die stare

have you guys ever had this happen to you but the person acually said move lmao. and was this person dressed up like she was going to the mall wearing sunglasses lol

I’ve used that pullup bar on the power racks sometimes when i see people at the other pullup stations (I am very impatient in the gym) but i’ve never gone up when someone was using it, let alone just about to bang out a set. That’s straight up disrespectful and you should’ve facepalmed that dude.

It’s not acceptable, pull their ass down and tell them to wait or use another station, yours is occupied.

Fuck them.

Edit: P.S. I can’t believe the manners at the gyms some of y’all work out at. It makes me appreciate mine more and more everyday. And I only work out at my school’s gym.

A lot of people do have good manners in my gym and are very respectable but theres always people that are dicks. I mean if i saw someone in the squat rack, no matter how much weight they were using whether it be the 95 lbs or 600 i would never jump in. Next time that shit happens im def saying something because it can almost destroy your focus . Funny thing is it really only happens in the power rack. I mean if you’re using cables or anything like that it makes no difference but a power rack is a different story.

Ive even politely told someone that i was squating and that them jumping in was ruining my focus and asked if they could just use a different spot to do pull ups and they caught an attitude. that pissed me off cause they made it seem like they were there first.

again, terrible.

however, i suffer fools gladly, because fools will inevitably suffer more than I…

wish that was true.

i like going to my gym in the wee hours (open 24 hrs)

there are always four people in there:

One anorexic man on the spincycle for three hours

One anorexic female on the elliptical for three hours

One Huge Jacked Man (read: NOT Hugh Jackman) that can only fit in the gym when no one else is there and has traps like barn doors

and Me. One day i will be the huge jacked man, he will be retired (and still jacked) and the other two will probably be dead

The thing that really pisses me off the most is when someone ISN’T USEING THE FUCKIN EQUIPTMENT!!! And they get upset because instead of being able to sit on their ass and talk with their friends, you insist on them moving so that you can train.

Thankfully however, I haven’t seen that shit since high school and I currently train alone at my house.

Easy solution. Just grab their feet/legs and pull them down.

Pull their pants down next time and tell them to fuck off.

my old gym never had a power rack let alone one with a pull up bar, now my new gym has pull up bars everywhere one in the power rack as well, it’s different. I like the one on the power rack however there is 5 others that I’ve used…ah my new gym I’m in love with it

That would piss me off incredibly especially since wrapping my knees makes me feel like I can’t breathe. There’s no way I could wait for some guy doing pullups.

Having said that, maybe he doesn’t realise you are wrapping to use the rack and thinks it’s a medical/therapeutic thing. I’m the only one who does at my commercial gym so I could understand the misconception.

2 solutions…

Either climb in front of him and do your squats anyway…if he says anything say politely to him “fuck off I actually was here first asshole”

or

Bring in a hacksaw and cut the fucking pullup bar off the power rack!!

[quote]ProgMtl wrote:
2 solutions…

Either climb in front of him and do your squats anyway…if he says anything say politely to him “fuck off I actually was here first asshole”

or

Bring in a hacksaw and cut the fucking pullup bar off the power rack!![/quote]

I like your secound idea. Solves the problem before the problem arises.

I have something even more impressive. People at my gym insist on hanging the arm loops so they can do hanging leg raises in the power rack. And yes there is other pull up stations the can do them from. Or better yet just hang from the pull up bar and get in some grip work while your at it.

Unless there is some physical limitation (legitimate limitation) I feel hanging is probably more beneficial than using the arm loops.

[quote]steve.rt wrote:
I have something even more impressive. People at my gym insist on hanging the arm loops so they can do hanging leg raises in the power rack. And yes there is other pull up stations the can do them from. Or better yet just hang from the pull up bar and get in some grip work while your at it.

Unless there is some physical limitation (legitimate limitation) I feel hanging is probably more beneficial than using the arm loops.[/quote]

yeah dude people hang the arm loops in the power rack to. Last week i was waiting for the power rack and asked how many the guy had( he was doing hanging leg raises) and he says 1. He does his last set and just leaves them there. He was at a bench press so i took them off and dropped them right by the bench press he was at.

the worse thing iv seen was when my friend finished 20rep squatting, just as he collapsed on floor 2 seconds after a guy comes up and says “gj brah, can i get a set in”, my friend couldnt even talk

[quote]raptors wrote:
the worse thing iv seen was when my friend finished 20rep squatting, just as he collapsed on floor 2 seconds after a guy comes up and says “gj brah, can i get a set in”, my friend couldnt even talk[/quote]

whats wrong with that?